MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NewAkaiUser Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:21 pm
Have you heard anyone install a battery in MPC One? I haven't found anything interesting on google.
I think I will buy some power regulator in China and solder it to the power port inside the case with the cell pack. :hmmm:

Mpc Live batterty (simple 4x18650 cells with BMS):
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=183993
By bitermc Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:22 am
Sounds like a too-good-to-be-true mod... first, I'm not sure there's room inside it to hold the battery.

But even if we assume you can hold the battery inside and make it charge while plugged in, there's another caveat to consider. As exposed in the thread about external batteries:

Ultros wrote:The mpc live has power management built into the kernel that monitors voltage from the battery source so it can manage the unit. If the voltage drops too low, it will warn the user or shut itself off before dips so low it browns out. That's not something you wanna keep doing to the unit. The battey power management stuff isnt present in MPC One and MPC X since they're designed to run off a brick plugged to the wall.

So even if you handle to mod the hardware, you'd also have to hack the software for the battery to work as it does on the Live.
By NewAkaiUser Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:38 pm
It looks that there is a lot of space inside:
https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comm ... ent_795166

Imagine Powerbank with the required power on the output that can be charged from the MPC power supply.

I would like to solder it between power input and power board. It would work as a "pass through" device.
So MPC will always be powered from Powerbank, which connected to the AC power supply will be charged.

The battery status indicator would be on the side of MPC, the strong LEDs should be visible through the holes.

It is possible to mount "any" Li-Ion package, two adjustable power step converters and LED indicator are about $20 on Aliexpress.
By EnochLight Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:43 pm
Totally daring the OP to do the mod and report back how it works. :nod: :worthy:
By Sideshow Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:51 pm
hard to find a 19v pack small enough to enclose.

the mpc draws about 3400mA per hour, so finding a battery pack with enough mA to last long would be a challenge.

using an external pack is easy enough though.
By Sideshow Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:07 pm
then again...one could crack the case and convert one of those 19.2 19.6 power tool batteries. they usually have 6Ah or so of juice enough for about 2 hours of use.

heck. find a way to mod out the case to accept a dewalryobecraft battery.... hack the toolkit flashlight for the battery connection....
:twisted:
By Koekepan Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:20 pm
Rather than kill myself trying to achieve the impossible in a confined space, I'd start with some kind of case expansion. Even half an inch of additional depth should get you nearer a functional space, in which you could have actual mounting rails or similar reinforcement, plus sensible thermal arrangements.

I'd consider a heat pipe at least, because you don't want things to get too loud.
By EnochLight Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:20 am
Yeah well, OP seems to be gone. Still waiting for an update on the project :nod: :popcorn:
By ace_of_dub Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:38 pm
EnochLight wrote:
John fro wrote:I found a Project where somebody added a Battery to the MPC! https://www.akaipro.com/mpcliveii

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're jesting but I agree with that, just get a MPC Live or LIve II if you really want an internal battery. Not only butchering your MPC One will void your warranty but using the wrong battery, the wrong way will damage your device. The MPC Live and Live II have battery support baked into the operating system itself. the MPC One does not.
By Lampdog Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:11 pm
ace_of_dub wrote:.....just get a MPC Live or LIve II if you really want an internal battery. Not only butchering your MPC One will void your warranty but using the wrong battery, the wrong way will damage your device. The MPC Live and Live II have battery support baked into the operating system itself. the MPC One does not.
By NewAkaiUser Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:07 pm
EnochLight wrote:Yeah well, OP seems to be gone. Still waiting for an update on the project :nod: :popcorn:

You're wrong 8)

Maybe some of you guys could get information from MPCSTUFF, this is one shot so I will not write, maybe someone has better access to them:
-Which connector is power IN, which power OUT
-What power is on individual pins

Li Cell 14.8V 3350mAh 4S 18650 Battery
https://www.mpcstuff.com/li-cell-14-8v- ... c-live-ii/

Or someone can open MPC Live and share values :smoker:
You only need a multimeter.