MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By yoruk Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:27 am
Hi guys I hope you are doing well,

I been researching for information about some company called XT Power from Germany and they actually had a great option "Power Bank 16000mAh (59,2Wh) - Li-Poly, DC 60W, P16000K" but apparently the product was taken from the catalog. This includes a lithium battery with a switch to put on 19v without having to move anything else, with 3.3A a. 52w or 60w and the most incredible thing is that it can be connected and charged at the same time. With autonomy of 6 hours and fast charge. I tried it with the multimeter and yes, this is the best option for the Mpc one.

I would like to install it internally just like I did with the MPC500.

The product has a rebranding, surely an OEM company is responsible. I leave the link in case someone is interested or want to look for the counterpart in another continent. https://powerneed.com/es/222-p16000k-po ... 00mah.html
By NewAkaiUser Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:54 pm
yoruk wrote:Hi guys I hope you are doing well,

I been researching for information about some company called XT Power from Germany and they actually had a great option "Power Bank 16000mAh (59,2Wh) - Li-Poly, DC 60W, P16000K" but apparently the product was taken from the catalog. This includes a lithium battery with a switch to put on 19v without having to move anything else, with 3.3A a. 52w or 60w and the most incredible thing is that it can be connected and charged at the same time. With autonomy of 6 hours and fast charge. I tried it with the multimeter and yes, this is the best option for the Mpc one.

I would like to install it internally just like I did with the MPC500.

The product has a rebranding, surely an OEM company is responsible. I leave the link in case someone is interested or want to look for the counterpart in another continent. https://powerneed.com/es/222-p16000k-po ... 00mah.html

This is what I wanted to do before, but:

1. How do you want to charge the powerbank inside the MPC?
2. How would you like to check the current battery status?
3. Can the powerbank be charged and discharged at the same time?
4. Does the powerbank need to be turned on manually, or will it supply electricity all the time?
5. How do you want to route the cables inside?
By yoruk Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 am
1. How do you want to charge the powerbank inside the MPC? Im exactly thinking about the bridge that you can do since the original board has conector for an MPC battery, the red and black wires as the pictures are shown.
2. How would you like to check the current battery status? This is exactly one of the points, that are stoping me by now, its quite easy, but im thinking in two posible solutions, One can be by using the the current power consume meter. Or second can be. by adapting another meter in the power bank PCB board.
3. Can the powerbank be charged and discharged at the same time? Yes it does(Big advantage, and its fast charging, even better)
4. Does the powerbank need to be turned on manually, or will it supply electricity all the time? no once you turn of the mpc the power bank can shut by itself, but only when you want to use you need to press a buton or reconect the cable, no more steps are necessary.
5. How do you want to route the cables inside? as I have mentioned, there is a proper connector inside.
By Fred Rated Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:11 am
Before breaking out the soldering iron you should consider the fact that literally nobody wants to see you making god-awful trap beats in the park on TikTok.
By jabberwalky Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:20 pm
Fred Rated wrote:Before breaking out the soldering iron you should consider the fact that literally nobody wants to see you making god-awful trap beats in the park on TikTok.

Lol welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll make lots of friends.
By yoruk Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:26 pm
:lol: It's very funny how some people thinks that everyone uses Tik tok or likes to make trap music.
By fayekhelmi Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:45 pm
would love to get an update on this... has anyone managed to hack a battery into the ONE?

personally i'm down to do it, the MPC one doesn't actually require19V 3.42A, that's just what the power brick can give and they use the same power brick across the line up of MPCs so most likely they went with the most power needed (for the MPC X) and just kept the same product unit across the board for business / logistics reasons. internally the power and voltage requirements are much lower.

the 1 thing that is less than ideal for me, adding a battery pack in there with a charging board and everything, is the MPC itself and it's power management. like someone earlier said, on the live, they track the battery level to make sure to avoid the machine from hard power off which i guess would damage the linux computer inside of it running the OS (just like any computer)

adding a battery level indicator would be somewhat of a half assed solution but you'd still neeed to be vigilant and keep an eye on the level.

then again having said that, a lot of people are running the MPC with an external battery pack which also doesn't have any monitoring involved. so...

if i end up taking the plunge and shoving a battery pack in there, i'll update this post.
By EnochLight Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:32 pm
fayekhelmi wrote:if i end up taking the plunge and shoving a battery pack in there, i'll update this post.

Sweet - let us know!
By Lampdog Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:23 pm
fayekhelmi wrote:…..but you'd still neeed to be vigilant and keep an eye on the level.

Someone (multiple peeps) out there somewhere are gonna do this and NOT be vigilant and phuck up there gear. All because they wanna make trap at the beach.
By droussel Mon May 02, 2022 8:37 pm
I got myself an omnicharge battery pack and it's perfect I think. Obviously it's not as nice as it if was build in, but it has an AC plug and inverter built in if you want to go the easy route. But there is also a DC out plus for which you can configure the voltage and amp given out. It is on the expensive side but it replaced all my other USB battery packs and I can power all I could ever want to (maybe not the coffee maker)
By NewAkaiUser Tue May 03, 2022 8:12 pm
Best and cheapest way without opening MPC, is to buy on Amazon for €10 19V USB-C trigger adapter, and connect to PD powerbank.
MPC One uses around 19V 500mAh (64bar standalone project with 3 active plugins). This is 10W, so you can use it even with cheap power delivery 19V 25W powerbank .
But for safety buy more powerful USB-C laptop powerbank (€50 19V 65W 20000mAh Baseus gives 10h power), but I try couple scenarios like plugging smartphone to MPC One usb and it draws together max 700mAh (usb 2.0 standard allows max 500mAh).
There is no chance MPC sucks 19V 3.5A even in peak. Akai just go cheapest way, and use universal laptop power bricks.

Tested for maybe year now and I dont see any problems. Big plus is this qlink issue just gone, and knobs never go crazy again. Power delivery protocol gives stable power but also voltage protection.
You can go deeper, and buy a power delivery trigger board, set it to 19V, drill a hole and solder it inside MPC making usb-c input port. Or put everything inside, but for me is better stick powerbank under MPC what gives me also some tilt.

https://www.amazon.de/-/pl/dp/B08XQ2LM7L/
https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/dp/B086DP8Q9N/
https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/dp/B07T4N437M/
https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/dp/B09V5173XQ/

By Pete Sasqwax Fri May 13, 2022 11:34 am
MyVolts Ripcord + powerbank = zero soldering or drilling holes in my MPC.

This is the way I'm going, but shouts to however anyone else wants to do it.
By Lampdog Fri May 13, 2022 3:28 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Tested for maybe year now and I dont see any problems. Big plus is this qlink issue just gone, and knobs never go crazy again. Power delivery protocol gives stable power but also voltage protection.

This makes me think some other problems people are having may be link to dirty power.
Me, I’ve always used power conditioners for all gear I deem important.
By TT_Lab Sun May 15, 2022 10:41 pm
Yes, the One is a bit special with power I've come to think. Plug a USB device (MIDI controller or such) that is a little bit power hungry and the MPC will start behaving oddly. Like not switching the screen on, blocking and stuff like that.
By dee ess kay Fri May 20, 2022 11:01 pm
Pete Sasqwax wrote:MyVolts Ripcord + powerbank = zero soldering or drilling holes in my MPC.

This is the way I'm going, but shouts to however anyone else wants to do it.

Thanks for the post, after searching for a 19v powerbank i started reading that usb-c can provide 19v. I may have a go at your set up, does the "USB-C to DC 5.5 2.1mm adapter" have circuitry in it to make a usb-c power bank switch to 19v?