MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Tobias Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 pm
Hi everyone,

I can't seem to find the solution to the problem of my mpc one that is playing the sample faster than i've recorded.

When I go into sample edit the sample plays exactly how it was recorded in trim mode. But when I tap program the sample plays back way too fast. So yes, the sample plays too fast as well in my drum program.

The problem only occurs in that specific drum program. A recorded sample in another program works just fine.

I tried everything from timestretching to tuning, pitchshifting etc. but I really don't have a clue what settings in that drum program I could have altered to cause this.

So hence my question to you if it sounds familiar and if you have any ideas to solve this rather nagging problem.

Cheers
By Lampdog Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:46 pm
Check pad TUNING of that pad.

If you load a different sample into that pad does the new sample play fast, if yea then that pad has parameters somewhere that is causing it.

Maybe the program has a tuning setting that is causing it.
Is there something in LIST EDIT that is causing that pad to act that way, automation of tuning?!
By Lampdog Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:10 pm
Glad you found it.

That happens when you are using old templates from other songs.
When starting new empty projects all these things will be default and you would not have ran into that problem.

Or you can make a new project, configure how any and all settings how you'd like,. save project as new name/folder and in preferences you can set that project to autoload when you boot up your machine.
Take a look through the preferences page and closely look at EACH option/feature and you'll start seeing things you can use later on, it helps.