MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By PatchWilliam Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:38 pm
I have the MPC One. I can run the MPC software and use it in controller mode. Can I open controller mode within Ableton as a plugin? Would that allow me to work within my MPC but record everything into Ableton? I prefer Ableton's workflow especially later down the road.
By PatchWilliam Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:38 pm
I have a custom folder for my plugins in Ableton and that works properly for me. However, I don't seem to have an MPC VST plugin anywhere. I've looked around many other folders where it may have been installed from factory settings but I don't see any .dll or .vst files anywhere. Is there somewhere I can download the plugin file?
By ace_of_dub Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:43 pm
PatchWilliam wrote:I have a custom folder for my plugins in Ableton and that works properly for me. However, I don't seem to have an MPC VST plugin anywhere. I've looked around many other folders where it may have been installed from factory settings but I don't see any .dll or .vst files anywhere. Is there somewhere I can download the plugin file?

Either you didn't install the plugin at all, or you don't know where. on Windows in the Explorer search bar, just search for MPC and see if a .DLL file shows up in the result. I don't think anybody can help you more than that.

If the search yields no result, then you just didn't install the plugin at all. You need to re-install it. Why do you need the plugin file? If you have the installer then the plugin file is bundled with the installer. You don't need the plugin file. You shouldn't download random DLL from the internet anyway, unless you want to get trojans and viruses.
By DuffyDoherty Sat Sep 09, 2023 12:20 pm
I have checked the ProgramFiles/Steinberg/VSTplug-ins.. folder and it contains MPC64.dll, but doesn't show up in Abelton's plug-ins, even though I tried to paste it in twice. Windows 11 64bit. What am I missing?
I am an Abelton newbie, but I am about to give up on it. Every single step (coming from MPC Key 61) has been a fight and a slog... I finally fixed the latency from the keys, but it is still there on the drum pads... I was trying to bring it in as a VST to try to eliminate that... This should be a LOT easier...
By MPC_Maschinist Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:22 am
Hi, Regrettably Ableton is only able to scan a single path / directory for VST2 plugins. Check your Ableton Live options for the correct path.

Workaround for that single path annoyance: You can put plugin shortcuts that direct to different paths into that directory which is scanned by Ableton.