MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Patty V Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:09 am
Hey everyone!

I’m struggling to record my external synth into my mpc one. I can hear the synth and everything when I go into an audio track and turn the monitoring on but when I record nothing is there. Has anybody else had this problem? I would love some help with this from the community :worthy:
By DokBrown Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:10 pm
Audio tracks don’t function quite like u expect them to but once you get used to it, they work. check out utube videos “MPC audio tracks”
By Lampdog Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:11 pm
Patty V wrote:Hey everyone!

I’m struggling to record my external synth into my mpc one. I can hear the synth and everything when I go into an audio track and turn the monitoring on but when I record nothing is there. Has anybody else had this problem? I would love some help with this from the community :worthy:

Where is the synth audio routed? It should be going into the MPC.

Input configuration is for that incoming synth audio.
Ensure the big circle is red (Armed to record).
Rec Gain knob in back of MPC should be paid attention to.
By Patty V Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:52 pm
So I have my synth going into the inputs. I hit audio> Input config > turn on monitoring (can hear synth) > make sure Rec is armed w/ the red button > hit record and play synth part > nothing there after it loops

Thanks for everyone’s responses!
By Patty V Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 pm
Lampdog wrote:
Patty V wrote:Hey everyone!

Where is the synth audio routed? It should be going into the MPC.

Input configuration is for that incoming synth audio.
Ensure the big circle is red (Armed to record).
Rec Gain knob in back of MPC should be paid attention to.

I have to input set to 1,2 . Definitely have the red circle armed and hear the synth fine. However nothing is being recorded when I play the synth! I set it up per the instruction manual so that’s why I’m coming here, maybe it’s a glitch and I need to factory reset?
By Patty V Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:37 pm
Cockdiesel wrote:After recording you need to turn the monitoring off to hear what you recorded. I’d suggest you wait to track out until you have your song done.

I’m at work rn but will test this as soon as I get home. I hope it’s something so simple! Will let you know and appreciate your input!