MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Edgar Davey Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:35 am

Hey everyone, I'm coming from subrereddit mpc users where I was asking for advice with my problem with MPC I have. Does anyone know what is going on here? Is my unit faulty?
The sound completely disappears when I load my working projects and it doesn't matter which one I load, I have to restart, load a demo, and then hopefully the sound is gonna come back.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:57 am
Make sure you are running the latest firmware. Then 'Preferences > Reset Preferences' often fixes many random issues There was also a bug that affected audio output, but I haven't experienced this in the most recent firmware (2.9.1), I assume it got fixed. Although I don't remember that affecting browser audition.

Is it just this one particular project that is causing the problem? It might be corrupt.
By Edgar Davey Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:17 am
He thanks for the reply, I am running the latest firmware. Just tried running another project one after another. Got this on one that was working fine before
By Lampdog Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:35 pm
Projects saved from older OS (maybe 2.8 for example) loading into a newer OS (2.9.1.) sometimes have problems.

After an OS update it’s a good idea to reset preferences or weird things may happen.
By Lampdog Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:29 pm
Edgar Davey wrote:Before i started working on my music i updated the firmware.

And after this did you reset preferences?
By JuanjoGarcia Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:14 pm
Edgar Davey wrote:He thanks for the reply, I am running the latest firmware. Just tried running another project one after another. Got this on one that was working fine before

Hey Edgar. Same thing here. I have MPC X. No sound or When moving headphone out volume i get a strange coupling whistle around 12 o clock, headphone level below middle no sound. Super strange kind of horrible clipping (farting, sorry dont know better way to describe it) noises when playing demo projects . If I turn headphones volume to the max i either strange clipping distorted noise or very low sound (All together )

Im supper annoyed with this, My MPC X was inactive a couple of years and i dont recall this happening before.
I´m pending Firmware update, to see if it solved, the new usb cable i cannot find arrives tomorrow. But im so afraid it did not solve it for you. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

I´m afraid if this does not solve i´m only going to be able to use MIDI out and no sampler. Brrr. or either send it to technical if possible , because out of warranty time.

Crossing fingers i will try to update Firmware and all Demo projects files (In case files are corrupted) to see if that solves, but so afraid of it being a hardware problem not solvable by me. I also will try when learn how to (MPC newie here) create a new project using my own samples (all new content) to verify it is not internal storage corrupted.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone. Please keep informing here how it goes. I will do the same.

Let the force be with us. This was an expensive i did not have time to use much until now device and I´m so frustrated.

Kindest

JJ
By JuanjoGarcia Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:55 am
Confirmed, updated to last firmware, reset and all, new project and something wrong with the audio pre amplification part of my MPCX. Is like preamp gain level is really broken, unstable. Just moving volume without playing nothin and speaker driver trembles like an earthquake, same with headphones. That may be happening to you. plugins are better than samples, but no, gain level of output is not stable. Im going to check if it can get fixed or maybe get another model if they cannot fix it. I can still use it as a MIDI - CV controller and surface for the PC app. :Sigh: :Sigh: :Sigh:
Last edited by JuanjoGarcia on Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JuanjoGarcia Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:19 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sounds to me like you potentially have a dud, can you not return it?
I dont know Edgar, but in my case, is out of warranty. 2017 purchase.. One last idea in my case (MPC X) is checking if problem is only in master output and not in auxiliary outs. Given i use with Eurorack and mix and record outside, that will do it, i would be able to use the sampler. I will try that after work
By JuanjoGarcia Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:06 pm
Ok, i got it kind of solved. started messing with Master Mixer in Demo projects. My MPC x clips at very low levels. And all demo projects and instruments are clipping out of the box. I adjusted them and they sound OK, i changed all routing to Out 3/4 and the thing is usable . I dont think is output. My MPC x clips at very low levels, It does not affect me, because i need external mixer, but in my case it is , i guess combination of two things. All demos and included instruments are clipping even before analog convert (In soft vumeter) and output of MPC is super low level, need a preamp, maybe because using unbalanced amplifier, It is usable now. Relief
By Lampdog Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:18 pm
The demo mpc projects, yes, they're loud, sometimes heavily compressed and gain staging is used alot. There is also alot of layering going on.
By kojak Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:30 pm
Edgar Davey wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm coming from subrereddit mpc users where I was asking for advice with my problem with MPC I have. Does anyone know what is going on here? Is my unit faulty?
The sound completely disappears when I load my working projects and it doesn't matter which one I load, I have to restart, load a demo, and then hopefully the sound is gonna come back.

WOW, I have the exact issue, I just put a ticket in with my MPC X. Here are the troubleshooting steps I've taken already and the issue still persist. Waiting to here from Akai Tech Support.

Troubleshooting steps already taken:

Reset Preferences
Formatted Internal SSD without bringing any content back.
Updated Firmware 2.11.4
Played content directly from MPC internally
Removed Personally Installed SSD 1tb Samsung Drive
Detached MPC from my external mixer and monitor speakers, MPC X is NOT connected to any external devices or cables, just via headphones and issue persist.

No error messages, just stops playing, does not show any audio signals after playing for 1 to 2 minutes. Create a new Sequence and it plays up till 1-2 mins an expansion pack and then goes silent. Tried several expansion packs that come officially from the MPC Store.

Played content that came with the MPC internally and issue persist.

SMH????