MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NewAkaiUser Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:42 pm
So I have an 8 slice program. I want to copy a pad, but when I edit a new pad, the original also changes. How do I get around it?

Example.
I have a sample, I divide it in chop mode into 8, save it as pad parameters.
I recorded the pads for the timeline, but I had an idea to cut a piece from the middle of one of the chops. How do I do this instead of importing the same sample and going through the same process all over again?
Duplicating a program doesn't work - start and end change in both programs when editing.
Copying a pad inside a program has the same effect.
Assign to pad in Sample Edit/ Program tab works, but only for one copy. When there are more copies, the changes apply to all of them.
By Ultros Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:23 pm
The export pad program to "slices" feature will dice the wave form up into sectioned wav files rather than insert a track marker for it to skip to. Not near my mpc atm i'm out on the motorcycle in a public parking lot so maybe someone else will get around to answering in more detail before i return home. When you shift export to pad program select "using pad slices" and then you can reorganize them in any way you see fit.
By Lampdog Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:23 pm
I always make new samples when chopping. I never leave it at slices because I want the freedom to do whatever I want. Slices will always reference the physical wave slice they are based on. A physical new sample can rock out on it’s own.

Separate physical copy, separate program. ASR10 painfully taught me the diff a long time ago, lol.
By Ultros Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:32 pm
Lampdog wrote:I always make new samples when chopping. I never leave it at slices because I want the freedom to do whatever I want. Slices will always reference the physical wave slice they are based on. A physical new sample can rock out on it’s own.

Separate physical copy, separate program. ASR10 painfully taught me the diff a long time ago, lol.

gah yeah "new program with new samples" indeed... i was out motoring around and had ppl talking to me while replying haha. Funny though i tell him the opposite... fek sorry buddy.