MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Roomtone Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Hi,

i am considering to buy an MPC ONE. i was wondering if its possible to use the stereo input as an dual mono input and have 2 separate mono tracks inside the MPC.

thanks,
Rafael
By Lampdog Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:52 pm
2 sources into mpc, record stereo, in sample editor you can split/save left or right as a new sample. Done.

Download the manual and check the features. There may not be direct features you want but as I just described there are tools that can get you there when combined.
By handthrow Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:09 pm
Lampdog wrote:2 sources into mpc, record stereo, in sample editor you can split/save left or right as a new sample. Done.

Download the manual and check the features. There may not be direct features you want but as I just described there are tools that can get you there when combined.

☝ this, plus you can also get audio from MPC two sources at the time by panning them hard left and hard right if you want to export something the more old school way.
By lucamaximo Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:01 am
the answer is yes.

You can open up two audio tracks and keep them on “Monitoring”. make sure each track is set to monitor only input 1 & 2 respectively. while doing this, u can use midi tracks to send notes to external modules and have the audio come into the mpc. for this feature i enjoy the MPC Xs 4 ins, bc ill use 3/4 in stereo and record vox thru input one, but ive used this workflow with MPC Live while on the road.
By DokBrown Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:37 pm
The MPCX with 4 in/outs is sweet.
With some minor OS updates, it is truly the center of your studio.