MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MJ76 Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:49 pm
Hi folks, wondering if anyone has experienced the same or a similar issue.

MPC X, using SD Card to store my expansions and samples and projects etc. Has been working fine for a year or so (since I had the X). Splice app within the X whilst it has worked, I feel seems 'clunky' and from time to time it just stops downloading samples and loses connection so I have to sometimes reconnect the X to my wireless network and sync files again to force it to resume downloading files from Splice, whilst slightly irritating its not a big problem.

However I have a pack (and so far I think its limited to only one pack) from Splice, where none of the files within the pack playback on the X. I can see them in their directories, but they will not play when selected (no audition, and no play when i hit the play button). When I take the SD card from the X, place it into my PC via an SD card reader - I can play back the FLAC files no problem. I thought maybe the SD card FAT or file system couldve been corrupt (even though all of the other packs ive got - work fine), so I reformatted the SD card and recopied all of the data back over but the issue persists. I even tried deleting the pack directory from the SD card so that the X would download it again from Splice - but again the problem remains. Ive emailed Splice about it but imagine they will point the finger of blame at my hardware rather than their files. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
By MJ76 Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:17 pm
So i managed to cure this by converting all the Flac files in the pack, to Flac (yes Flac to Flac) using an Audio conversion program - you can convert online for free but the desktop app i used called Switch handled batch files really well (it can retain the folder structure etc).

I Copied all converted files back across to my SD card (with exactly the same name and folder structure) and my MPC X now plays back the packs which I was having issues with (I actually had the same issue with another pack which was made by the same producer). Also, as the files are the same names, when the Splice app (within the MPC X) checks for any new files - it doesnt attempt to re-download the files again.

I did notice that the original files which I was having issues with did seem to have some extra tags (when compared to the packs which did work anyway), so I dont really know what the issue was, I cant imagine the original files were corrupt as they did play back on my pc, but who knows - this has definately done the trick. I did also tell Splice and Akai of the issue, will update post if I get anything back.
By imatt Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:52 pm
hAVE THE SAME STRESS , IN CONTROLLER MODE NO PREVIEW FOR ALL FAC FILES IN SPLICE....FROM MULTIPLE PACKS, IT'S TERRIBLE...
ANYONE HAS RESOLVED ?