MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By vkinetic Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:32 am
I'm a newbie just gradually getting into my MPC One.

In my first project I originally set the sequence length to 8 bars and gradually increased it to 32 bars using the Double Length function. But now I would like to split that sequence but there doesn't appear to be any way to do that. The only way I can see that the length of the sequence can be shortened is with the Half Length function. The manual says that when you do this no notes are deleted. But when I use that function the original sequence is just reduced and I can't see where the notes that existed after the last bar of the new truncated sequence are. Has anyone had experience using this feature?

Another newbie question - I was using clips for the first time but when I go to play a clip that I have assigned to a pad, pressing that pad starts Playback. No big deal but I can't see where I can turn this behavior off. There may be a time where (playing live for example) I might want to just play a clip assigned to a pad without playback starting. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:16 am
By 'split' the sequence, do you mean split it into two separate sequences? There's actually many ways to do this. You could copy the 32 bar sequence and use DELETE BARS to permanently delete the unwanted bars in each sequence or you could use the START/END parameters to control which portion of the sequence plays. You could also use COPY BARS to copy the desired split portion to a separate sequence.
By vkinetic Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:48 am
Thanks MPC-Tutor. What I was hoping to do was simply split the sequence into smaller sequences, retaining all the data. Looks like that can't be done currently although I'm sure it is achievable if Akai implemented it. I'll add it to my wish list! But thanks for the work arounds.

Any help with the issue of the playback staring when I hit a pad on a Clips track?

Thanks again