MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Jewelz Finazzo Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:15 am
Hello fellow MPC X and live users! I have an MPC X that I've owned for almost a year now and recently I've been having some issues with terrible clipping/unwanted distortion (NOT THE GOOD KIND).

This distortion occurs during both Standalone and Controller mode. I have mainly been using the MPC X as an audio interface, as I produce with other means as well. I've been looking around forums and haven't seen anyone else really having the same issue in both Standalone and Controller mode. Does anyone think this is a soundcard issue with my MPC X? Again, both the Main output as well Headphone outputs distort during both modes. I have tried switching USB cables and 1/4 audio cords; but no luck of fixing this issue.

Thank you, and hopefully I gave enough info to where I can be directed in the right direction. :cry:
By Ill-Green Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:56 pm
Just asking, but is your MPC•X connected to an external audio interface? If yes, that could be the issue.

But if the MPC is the only audio interface between you and the computers or monitors it could be a faulty volume potentiometer. Was it 2nd hand MPC?

Also you wanna check your volume settings, things should be good between -3dB to 0dB. If its over that, it could be the culprit.

Another can be if the last owner had specific settings to their programs and sequences that affects your playing. Reset it all.

I would try to reinstall the 2.9+ OS first, and if the problem persists, its likely a circuitry issue.
By Wardner Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:04 pm
I don't have this exact problem but I was experiencing some crackling when increasing or decreasing the volume on my mk1 Live. Did a bit of searching on the issue and saw it suggested that I twiddle the volume knob back and forth quite vigorously for a bit, and it worked!