MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kortes Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:29 pm
Hi, I have some issue in one project : the record on programs doesn't work anymore ! I try to overdub some hits, but nothing happends, none evements is writed.

It happends on only one project ; on new one, no problem.

There is a option then I have loaded by mistake that disable the overdub/rec fonction ?

Regards
By Kortes Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:40 pm
I have update the MPC with the latest version, and still the same ...

It so weird no? I haven't find anything on the manual about disabling overdub or record, except push on the button obviously ..

I can put hits with pencil, but yeah it's not the purpose.

Someone think about something to check?

It's a big project for live session, I don't want or can restart one.

I can't send an inquiry to AKAI, because they want a bill and I haven't got it, but my MPC is register however.

Please send me help I'm very frustated and I need realy this project for gigs. :worthy:

Thanks to community
By Ill-Green Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:11 pm
Your problem could be that you are using preset sequences and programs. Features that were preset in at the factory to show off at demo. Which means, you might've took out the preset samples but the preset settings remain so thats going down. You gonna have to dig inch by inch which features are turned off or on in your programs.

I would start with a clean slate, either way the time spent will be the same.
By Kortes Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:47 pm
There is no presets, only sequences, samples, and programs made by me :?

There are more than 12 programs with more than 24 samples by programs, plus more than 40 midi sequences... It will be complicate to rewrite everything :shock:
By 40Beatz Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:51 pm
Yikes!!! :lol:
By Kortes Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:32 am
It seems that I have found a solution: I create a new track (midi or other) to record something, and I go back to my program and now I can record / overdub ...

Hope it will work out for a long time but it's really weird, itsn't it ?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:59 am
Sounds like your track arm is disabled. Go to main, is it red or grey? Should be red. This is a known bug,
tracks randomly disarming, not sure what initially causes it but seems to linger in a project even after you think you've fixed it. You can manually arm the track, or sometimes it re-arms itself when you create a new track or select a different sequence
By Kortes Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:33 am
OK great, I'll check this randomly disarmed, it's possibly that, it's great to know that it's a bug knowed.
Can back to work now :smoker:

Thanks to you