MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By renegadebliss Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:42 pm
Ultros wrote:In the future we can almost be garanteed to see the AXXE and SOLUS as those presets are embedded in the force firmware.

I'd rather have them replace the Odyssey for their Timewarp 2600.

Probably needs to be older plugins rather then new ones, due to CPU restrictions
By ace_of_dub Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:51 pm
renegadebliss wrote:
Ultros wrote:In the future we can almost be garanteed to see the AXXE and SOLUS as those presets are embedded in the force firmware.

Probably needs to be older plugins rather then new ones, due to CPU restrictions

Imagine having to manipulate that stuff on the MPC Screen...

I'd rather have them stop adding plugins and work on their MIDI sequencer workflow and sampling engine. There is a LOT of work to be done. For instance, adding an actual modulation matrix to the keygroups, toggle trigger mode, quantized trigger mode. Automation on send FX and Master track, sequence markers, tempo and signature change WITHIN a sequence, ...
By Lemmy Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm
I can't load this version as a VST or Audiounit plugin in Bitwig or Reaper. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm on MacOS Mojave.
By jpeg Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:47 pm
renegadebliss wrote:

maybe they will add timewarp in 3.0 that would be welcome but Odyssey sounds good
By nicoladalsacco Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:06 pm
Lemmy wrote:I can't load this version as a VST or Audiounit plugin in Bitwig or Reaper. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm on MacOS Mojave.

Crash plugin here too, Ableton live 11, Mojave
By Monotremata Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:09 pm
Update your OS to one that's supported (although Akai doesn't list requirements it looks like). Plugin works perfectly fine here in both Logic Pro and Ableton Live 11 on macOS Big Sur.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:25 pm
Lemmy wrote:Yep, unfortunately MPC Touch is not supported beyond Mojave.

Apparently it is supported on Big Sur, but perhaps only to 2.9 and perhaps not on M1:

https://inmusicbrands.force.com/akaipro ... r-Akai-Pro

Needs testing. Also there are some people who claim to have it working on Catalina using the original displaylink drivers rather than Akai's versions.
By DokBrown Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:19 am
I hope people are backing up their projects/work before they make this update. With all these improvements, I wouldn’t be surprised if there are new problems.
By Lemmy Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:42 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Apparently it is supported on Big Sur, but perhaps only to 2.9 and perhaps not on M1:
Needs testing. Also there are some people who claim to have it working on Catalina using the original displaylink drivers rather than Akai's versions.

Yea I saw that, but I'm not keen to stick with 2.9 now that we have the new 2.10 features. I also saw the post by the Catalina user. I have made a copy of the Displaylink driver he used. Actually I have a Macbook pro with Catalina I think, so I will do some tests with that and report back if I have any success.
By Lemmy Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:11 pm
Lemmy wrote: Actually I have a Macbook pro with Catalina I think, so I will do some tests with that and report back if I have any success.

OK, can confirm MPC 2.10 for MPC Touch installs fine on Catalina with the right DisplayLink driver. See my post in the MPC Touch forum. And the software loads as a plugin fine under Catalina. Haven't done any extensive testing so I don't know if there is anything which doesn't work with the Touch on Catalina. I expect they just don't want to officially support it because they have discontinued that hardware.