MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:29 am
Neat! the ".big" files are the modular synth plugins. That's gonna be fun to poke at! Very cool update. I am blown away they just gave us all this crap, what a cool company.
By EnochLight Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:20 am
Ultros wrote:Neat! the ".big" files are the modular synth plugins. That's gonna be fun to poke at!.

Wait.. whut? There’s more buried plugins in standalone aside from Hype, Odyssey, Solina, and Mellotron?? :hmmm:
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:30 am
EnochLight wrote:
Ultros wrote:Neat! the ".big" files are the modular synth plugins. That's gonna be fun to poke at!.

Wait.. whut? There’s more buried plugins in standalone aside from Hype, Odyssey, Solina, and Mellotron?? :hmmm:

No no, just those but they have a special directory in those preset folders where it would appear there is some binary blobs for Hype, solina and mellotron but not for the odyssey.

In the future we can almost be garanteed to see the AXXE and SOLUS as those presets are embedded in the force firmware.
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:01 am
I dumped the strings from the MPC binary and came across this:

New in MPC 2.10:
    Standalone class-compliant USB audio interface support.
    New Plugin Instruments including AIR Hype, AIR Solina, AIR Mellotron, and WayOutWare Odyssey in both desktop and standalone MPC.
    New Insert Effects including AIR Vocal Tuner, AIR Vocal Harmonizer, AIR Vocal Doubler, AIR Half Speed, AIR Stutter, AIR Diode Clipper, AIR Limiter, AKAI Granulator, AKAI Sample Delay and an improved AIR Diffuser Delay.
    Pop-out plugin windows on the GUI now have UIs.
    FX Racks can now be saved.
    Significant Drum and Keygroup Programs improvements.
    Key detection in Sample Edit and Program Edit.
    MIDI Programs can now have custom program edit layouts.
    CV Programs now have a drum mode.
    The browser has been updated to use recursive searching and can be sorted by size, date created, and date modified.
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:04 am
Monotremata wrote:You could've just read the notes for the update and got that much out of it.

my bad, i didnt even look. welp back to holidays.
By LostCat Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:39 am
kvmoore wrote:This is THE update I've been waiting for. Love the additional features. Finally, a PITCH ENVELOPE!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!

However, I can't download the synth content file from the website. The download fails everytime. As a result, I can't try out the new synths and sounds yet. What am I doing wrong?
Hello. Yes I was having the same issue and kept downloading with no luck. I then went to my akai account and there is a difference synth content download. Downloads quick and works now. Enjoy

The download gets nearly to 100% then fails on every attempt.
By wavejockey Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:59 pm
Bezo wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:...I don't think people will ever be 100% happy though, they always crave more, but ultimately it's a good thing to keep pushing. It's come a long way since MPC Software 1.0.

I think most have a short list that would satisfy them. Problem is everyone's short list is different.

if everybody would have to pick one point, and pay for that update 100$/100€/100£, now i would call that v2.99
By peabreu Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:25 pm
A simple improvement that makes a great difference to me is the text prompt on screen of the MPC X indicating if you are in "Read" or "Write". Seems trivial but makes a world of a difference to me as I am color blind and distinguishing red and green leds is a nightmare. Well done AKAI!
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:34 pm
Still configuring my new PC.. downloaded and installed new mpc software not the firmware update yet.. will today and hopefully play around with this new update ... dam life if good.. lol I did this downgraded to the original firmware just to see the difference in OS Wow crazy from 2.91 ..
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:50 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:Still configuring my new PC.. downloaded and installed new mpc software not the firmware update yet.. will today and hopefully play around with this new update ... dam life if good.. lol I did this downgraded to the original firmware just to see the difference in OS Wow crazy from 2.91 ..

Can we still download the older firmwares from akais website?
By EnochLight Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:06 pm
Ultros wrote:In the future we can almost be guaranteed to see the AXXE and SOLUS as those presets are embedded in the force firmware.

Aw man, I hope not. Seems like it would be a waste, since both Axxe and Solus are really just scaled down "budget" versions of the Odyssey. I'd rather they release the rumored FMX or FMMiniSynth that was teased at NAMM 2020.

peabreu wrote:A simple improvement that makes a great difference to me is the text prompt on screen of the MPC X indicating if you are in "Read" or "Write". Seems trivial but makes a world of a difference to me as I am color blind and distinguishing red and green leds is a nightmare. Well done AKAI!

That must be X only, because on the Live II it's still just the red/green icon with no text. :cry: :(

Ultros wrote:Can we still download the older firmwares from akais website?

No, it's been removed from our accounts. Unless they have it buried in a support page somewhere? Not sure.
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:47 pm
Ultros wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:Still configuring my new PC.. downloaded and installed new mpc software not the firmware update yet.. will today and hopefully play around with this new update ... dam life if good.. lol I did this downgraded to the original firmware just to see the difference in OS Wow crazy from 2.91 ..

Can we still download the older firmwares from akais website?

I believe they are still there downloaded awhile ago.. just wanted to see the improvement..
By EnochLight Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:34 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:I believe they are still there downloaded awhile ago.. just wanted to see the improvement..

Right, my bad. Looks like they only go back to 2.8, though.
By Ultros Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:15 pm
Hey! really cool find over here. But involves some elbow grease...

I copied the synths to /acvs-content/Synths and voila i have all the plugins working with or without a memory card. (need to install thekikgen's firmware temporarily to copy the files to the unit, then re-update) MPC one has 1.5 gb free on that drive and the Synth collection is only 1.2gb, I now have 258 mb left on that drive and its back to regular loading speed when the MPC program starts and fixes the issue with being unable to unmount the sd or usb.