MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPD MPK RAY Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:25 am
HEY can you just drag n drop midi files yet? - Without that weird automatic Sequence 2 swap or have to import it by searching HD then name it, then scroll to find it to point it to the program yet?

Anybody? I'm over here waiting on FL Island sippin Akai Fire pina coladas....

:hmmm:
By NewAkaiUser Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:38 pm
SakisX wrote:Has anyone tried if a usb bluetooth dongle works now on MPC One?

Unfortunately it does not work. It does not recognize the device.
It makes sense because you have to pair the devices together somehow.
By kvmoore Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:01 pm
This is THE update I've been waiting for. Love the additional features. Finally, a PITCH ENVELOPE!!!!!! SWEET!!!!!

However, I can't download the synth content file from the website. The download fails everytime. As a result, I can't try out the new synths and sounds yet. What am I doing wrong?

The download gets nearly to 100% then fails on every attempt.
Last edited by kvmoore on Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Monotremata Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:17 pm
kvmoore wrote:This is THE update I've been waiting for. Love the additional features.

However, I can't download the synth content file from the website. The download fails everytime. What am I doing wrong?

Try logging into your Akai Pro account and grab the link from inside your registered products page instead. Apparently the link was messed up and everybody was having trouble grabbing it. I think the firmware link on the webpage goes to the wrong version too but everything inside your actual account is fine. I grabbed both the FW and the Synths on my work laptop when they came out and had no trouble getting either one.
By kvmoore Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:40 pm
Thank you very much. I did set up an account. However, I haven't registered my product yet. I guess I need to go ahead and do that.

BTW, I downloaded the firmware from the link on the website. If it's the wrong version, perhaps that would explain why the track mute still doesn't work correctly and still mutes the incoming signal. The version I downloaded was 2.10.0. Maybe the good one is 2.10.1 or 2.10.2....IDK. I'll find out once I register my MPC to my account.

Thanks again!
By alexbuga Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:54 pm
Rank31 wrote:
SakisX wrote:Has anyone tried if a usb bluetooth dongle works now on MPC One?

Very interested by an answer me too. I would like to use Fugue Machine from iPhone.

Didn\t worked before and I suspect it still doesn't. I recommend CME WIDI Master https://www.cme-pro.com/widi-master/
By Ultros Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 pm
LOL wow they basically met all my demands in this edition. I just extracted the firmware and uploaded the MPC program binary to my cfw's /usr/bin director and chmod a+x after mounting / as rw rather than update and lose my force work. Works beauty and kernel and environment update avoided.

Has anyone noticed the "plugin" feature in the browser now? I am very interested in that, maybe we can port some open source vst's.
By bitermc Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:25 pm
Haven't had a chance yet to update and test, but it looks amazing. I'm salivating like a dog in front of a steak...
By sparky Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:32 pm
Has anyone has any luck downloading the synth content via iOS? Unsurprisingly, one of the reasons I have a standalone MPC is because I hate desktop and laptop computers and therefore I don’t have immediate access to one... the update seemed to download fine and I’ve transferred it to a wireless USB stick, but the synth content is not doing so well...
By Ultros Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Ultros wrote:Has anyone noticed the "plugin" feature in the browser now? I am very interested in that, maybe we can port some open source vst's.

That's just for loading plugin presets, not complete plugins

Omfg tutor im a halfwit lol... yeah now that you point it out... *face palm* haha. So obvious.
By elstebbano Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:05 pm
sparky wrote:Has anyone has any luck downloading the synth content via iOS? Unsurprisingly, one of the reasons I have a standalone MPC is because I hate desktop and laptop computers and therefore I don’t have immediate access to one... the update seemed to download fine and I’ve transferred it to a wireless USB stick, but the synth content is not doing so well...

Transfered everything from the new update with my ipad, no worries here. Make sure to unzip the synth contents and to read the readme in the unzipped folder..