MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By shhQuiet7 Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:55 pm
My MPC/X has an SSD and I just dropped it in the root folder and it immediately made the plugins available. Surprisingly though, it kept prompting me on startup that I was missing content, so I chose "Stop reminding me". The new synths work fine, though, so not sure what's up with that.
By maxblack Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:07 pm
A little confused based on what I see in my Akai portal.
So for the hardware we are no longer on 2.9? it is now called 2.1 ?
or is it the software app that is now 2.1 ?
I dont see 2.9 firmware available for download just the 2.6 ?
Did they align everything now, so that the firmware and software is the same numerical version.
Thank You,
By Monotremata Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:14 pm
maxblack wrote:A little confused based on what I see in my Akai portal.
So for the hardware we are no longer on 2.9? it is now called 2.1 ?
or is it the software app that is now 2.1 ?
I dont see 2.9 firmware available for download just the 2.6 ?
Did they align everything now, so that the firmware and software is the same numerical version.
Thank You,

Its 2.10, the firmware and software has always had the same version numbering, and there is both a 2.10 MPC software, and firmware available now.

Too bad not a single word about Big Sur compatibility and they didn't update the Network MIDI App yet so all the Ableton crap is still broken for 'current' Mac users. Digging the new UI though, Program Edit looks a bit more 'together' now and hey PITCH ENVELOPE!!! Hopefully next time we'll get a second LFO and a mod matrix but this is pretty decent.. Now just gotta wait to get off work so I can actually fire everything up haha.
By maxblack Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:37 pm
ok what is the 2.9 firmware for the hardware that is now changed to 2.1 ?
I know the software has stayed with 2.0 and moving on.
It would make sense if both hardware and software are the same number.
they left 2.6 up but 2.8 and 2.9 is now removed from download, as I see it now Thank You
By Lyricalgenius81 Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:41 pm
maxblack wrote:ok what is the 2.9 firmware for the hardware that is now changed to 2.1 ?
I know the software has stayed with 2.0 and moving on.
It would make sense if both hardware and software are the same number.
they left 2.6 up but 2.8 and 2.9 is now removed from download, as I see it now Thank You

As mentioned above already the update is not 2.1 but 2.10 . And there is a firmware version called 2.10 as well as the mpc software 2.10 (for controller mode) hope that clarifies
By Lyricalgenius81 Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:43 pm
Really impressed with this update actually. It took long enough however some of the new instruments sound great, I like the preset chains and all the fine tunings they have added had some fun on it already and it’s becoming much more powerful
By NewAkaiUser Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:44 pm
They added support for Ableton in MPC One (new icon in the menu)
With an Android phone, now we can share the Internet via USB for MPC One (usb hotspot)
Last edited by NewAkaiUser on Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NearTao Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:45 pm
Looks like track mutes are fixed to how it worked back in 2.6 again.

If you've got "Play Track Mute and Solo Events" turned on in your settings, you can again have a track muted, play a note on a pad, unmute, and hear the tail end of the track.

Woohoo! Thought they'd never fix this bug.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:22 pm
Just finished reading up about the USB interface stuff.. This sounds **** awesome. All I need now is a cheap 8-16 output class compliant interface (looking at you MOTU Ultralite MK5 and Presonus) and I can pretty much use my MPC for everything now. My old EMU is great, but really the only reason I keep it around is because I use one track/output and the MPC fills up fast with only 6. The tools in the MPC are way more user friendly, not to mention I don't have to walk across the room and crouch down on the floor to mess with it in a rack. That EMU does some glorious things to samples when you process with it but I can live without it now haha. Now if only they could 'fix' the modulation (and the Network MIDI driver on the Mac) this thing would be perfect!!!