MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By wavejockey Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:33 pm
AKAI granulator, custom MIDI program maps, CV drum programs, i remember sounding that odyssey sweet, FX racks saved? we could do that already?
By EnochLight Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:37 pm
Really glad to see this finally drop - such fantastic new features in there! Akai keeps knocking it out of the park - it's going to be hard to top this in a 3.0 update, IMHO. I feel like the Golden Age of MPC Firmware Updates has truly peaked with this release (hope I'm wrong).

Also, I can confirm that an RME Babyface Pro works fantastic with the MPC as a USB Class Compliant interface. :smoker:
By epps Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:11 pm
Monotremata wrote:
maxblack wrote:A little confused based on what I see in my Akai portal.
So for the hardware we are no longer on 2.9? it is now called 2.1 ?
or is it the software app that is now 2.1 ?
I dont see 2.9 firmware available for download just the 2.6 ?
Did they align everything now, so that the firmware and software is the same numerical version.
Thank You,

Its 2.10, the firmware and software has always had the same version numbering, and there is both a 2.10 MPC software, and firmware available now.

Too bad not a single word about Big Sur compatibility and they didn't update the Network MIDI App yet so all the Ableton crap is still broken for 'current' Mac users. Digging the new UI though, Program Edit looks a bit more 'together' now and hey PITCH ENVELOPE!!! Hopefully next time we'll get a second LFO and a mod matrix but this is pretty decent.. Now just gotta wait to get off work so I can actually fire everything up haha.

It is now compatible with Big Sur :worthy:
By SuperKonquer Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:18 pm
c-real wrote:
shhQuiet7 wrote:Are there any probability / randomness capabilities in 2.10?

Yes, there is a lot of new things in this version. Some hidden features Akai does not communicate, like MIDI monitor or Undo History to name a few. Maybe the next version will provide a legato for keygroups, a standard mixer view, the arranger and the disk streaming. Let's hope... One thing that prevents me to use it Live is the ability to directly remote the 16 q-links with MIDI CC, so that, depending on the song I play, I could control any drum/keygroup/plugin program with the same knobs of my MIDI keyboard. But, yeah, it's a very good update, no doubt about that. The USB class compliant interface compatibility is rad.

Are you talking about this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL8fJzxmT3M&t=9s
By DokBrown Tue Jul 20, 2021 8:41 pm
New features are always welcome, INMUSIC is committed.

The ½ speed FX is def gonna be in my masterFX chain BUT being able to plug in a class-compliant mixer and record 8 simultaneous tracks is just bonkers ;-)

I just wonder how many bugs will creep up with all these new toys ? I hope they will release 2.10.2 to fix these bugs before the year is out.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:02 pm
DokBrown wrote:New features are always welcome, INMUSIC is committed.

The ½ speed FX is def gonna be in my masterFX chain BUT being able to plug in a class-compliant mixer and record 8 simultaneous tracks is just bonkers ;-)

I just wonder how many bugs will creep up with all these new toys ? I hope they will release 2.10.2 to fix these bugs before the year is out.

Why limit yourself to 8 tracks…
Just hook up this baby and record all available 32channels: https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... xQQKK7nh1M
Wish they add Mackie/HUI support one day so we can have total control of the mix with these tasty moto faders.. 8)
Last edited by Yorgos Arabatzis on Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Selahl Tapes Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:03 pm
Can anyone confirm if Cranborne Audio 500R8 is working with this new update if so. This will be crazyyyyyyy!! I’m already using the N22H as a headphone amp for the MPC one with tremendous results. Excellent update Akai!!! I’m happy
By HiGrade1 Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:08 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Wish they add Mackie/HUI support one day so we can have total control of the mix with these tasty moto faders.. 8)

agreed.
By Smackdee Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:26 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Smackdee wrote:Just seen the video OMG

That Tony Gwynn avatar though!

Him and Kirby was my childhood favs but the edge goes to TG because we like the same hats lol

Back to the update, installed and played around for about an hr so nothing extensive but running smooth as butter WOW!!!!!!!!!! THE NEW TOYS this is all I ever wanted from the MPC seriously, glide, pitch detection, nice selection of effects and a boat load of sounds...

PS the weird mute behavior is still there though....
By Neurone Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:36 pm
Selahl Tapes wrote:Can anyone confirm if Cranborne Audio 500R8 is working with this new update if so. This will be crazyyyyyyy!! I’m already using the N22H as a headphone amp for the MPC one with tremendous results. Excellent update Akai!!! I’m happy

Yes, it's class compliant. Enjoy.
By Monotremata Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:18 pm
Ok you folks that already have class compliant interfaces hooked up.. Do you get the MPCs outputs along with the audio interface or is it one or the other??
Im already thinking about putting my EMU up on Reverb and cash that mofo out while they're expensive. If the MPC's outputs work along with the interface, I just need an 8 channel deal, but if its only one at a time, gotta shop for something with 16 outputs (or an ADAT expansion)..

@Epps, the software has always worked with Big Sur, so does controller mode. Its the Network MIDI app they need to update, otherwise Ableton Control is completely useless. Maybe we're getting another point update or something down the line since Live 11 just came out a few months back. Come on Akai Im tired of these janky old MIDI cables hanging out the back of my MPC just to sync to Logic Pro and Ableton, when Ive already got my ethernet connected and waiting!
By mrrafs Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:30 pm
Woebot here .
The new plugins or any new features not showing up for me when in standalone. what am I’m missing?
* Tried sd card and ssd with the ‘Synths’ in root folder. (Mpc Live)
* firmware 2.8.1.12 installed
* control surface 1.11
* mpc2 updated to v2.10 on osx11.4