MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By ShengTao Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:34 pm

There seems to be a new process for transferring from PC to an Internal Drive, ppl who has figured this one out.. how did you do it? I can't see the "Eject" button next to y drive in the browser anymore.

Are you using windows or Mac? Are you talking about the eject button on your mpc or on your computer?

On Mac.. I just connected the mpc via the blue USB cable (the one that came with the mpc) to my MacBook.. put the mpc in controller mode.. no need to start the desktop mpc software.. my ssd shows up in finder. Dropped the synths folder there. Dragged my ssd icon on the mac's desktop to the trash (eject). Entered back to stand alone mode. And done.
By MMLv426 Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:06 pm
ShengTao wrote:

There seems to be a new process for transferring from PC to an Internal Drive, ppl who has figured this one out.. how did you do it? I can't see the "Eject" button next to y drive in the browser anymore.

Are you using windows or Mac? Are you talking about the eject button on your mpc or on your computer?

On Mac.. I just connected the mpc via the blue USB cable (the one that came with the mpc) to my MacBook.. put the mpc in controller mode.. no need to start the desktop mpc software.. my ssd shows up in finder. Dropped the synths folder there. Dragged my ssd icon on the mac's desktop to the trash (eject). Entered back to stand alone mode. And done.

"Eject"used to be next to the drive in the MPC browser. Is it Controller Mode that it needs now huh? Was a while since I did this last. That's cool, thanks! Gonna try that later today.
By Bezo Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm
I put the synth folder at the root of my SSD. The synths seem to work fine, but I'm still getting the message to install the folder?

Should the synth folder be on the internal drive? How do we stop this other than selecting "don't remind me"?
By jpeg Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:04 pm
ShengTao wrote:To those who are getting 504 error.. try logging in to your account and using the link under your products. Same thing was happening to me until I logged in. I think that other link is broken.
Unzip the file and copy the "synths" folder to your ssd (root level) via USB cable.
Everything is working.
Not sure about mpc one, looks like you have to copy "synths" folder to SD card.. I guess every time you start a new SD card, you'll have to add that folder if you intend to use the new synths on any projects saved on the card(?) Seems kind of clunky.

thanks this worked for me I have an SD card that I keep in the mpc so this is all good
By fourthset Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:47 am
I was finally able to to download the synth content using a proxy. I'll post the zip once I've uploaded it to my gdrive so anyone can grab it.

This update is a total game changer. Its so good.
By MMLv426 Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:46 am
ShengTao wrote:

Worked like a charm of course! Thanks!
By bbow73 Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:51 pm
I can only use the new synths when the USB is plugged in. As soon as I eject it the synths disappear. When i restart the MPC ONE I get a message that there are new synths available. The Read Me PDF doesn't say what to do once I plug the USB into my MPC.
By EnochLight Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:33 pm
bbow73 wrote:well, I got an answer on Gearspace. 2.10 isn't like 2.3 The new synths don't get installed on the MPC.

Right. Reason being is the built-in storage on the MPC's are extremely limited, so Akai made the choice to move that content to a secondary storage drive. That saves them room to keep updating the firmware/OS without much worry about dwindling space, especially as more and more synths (allegedly) make an appearance down the line. Easy peasy, nice and sleazy. :smoker:
By caidicus Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:10 am
fourthset wrote:Alright, here's the link to the synth content https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bhzKAG ... sp=sharing if you can't download it from the akai site.

Fourthset, I made an account on these forums JUST so I could thank you for posting this. Thank you so much!

For anyone wondering how to do this, just download it, unzip it, and travel to the folder that has the Synths (or Synth) folder in it.
Connect your MPC Live, One, Live 2, or X to the PC in controller mode. (press menu, then tap on the little chip icon on the upper right of the menu screen to enter controller mode). Once you're connected, your MPC device's storage should show up in file explorer.
Click on that, then drop the Synth folder directly into that directory. (you may already have this folder on your device, you probably don't, though. If you do, take the contents of the Synth folder from the download and put them into the Synth folder of your MPC device).

And that's it! Once you leave controller mode and re-enter standalone mode, those new plugins should be installed on your device.

Thank you again to Fourthset for making these plugins available. I had a hell of a time searching all over the MPC page, and subsequent searches for the packs, to no avail.

Here's a re-share of that pack, just as Fourthset has it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N69Z8l ... sp=sharing

Here's a link to the 2.10.1 update for Windows. This comes directly from Akai's website.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3R8nR ... sp=sharing

Talk to you all soon!