MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By TWISTED_INSANE Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:36 pm
SO, I just updated my mpc to 2.10 but when I turn on the mpc it says I have new plug ins I can use but 1st I need to download and install them, huh? I shouldve been good to go after update, someone help me out, HOW DO I GET THE NEW PLUG INS ON MY MPC X???????
By IHateMyMPCSoMuch Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:52 pm
I have the same problem. When I got my mpc live I installed a hard drive into it. It’s the only thing that appears when I plug it in to my computer and put it into controller mode. I put the synth folder into that drive but nothing happens
By MMLv426 Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:52 pm
I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer the plugin folders via USB to my internal SSD. It seems they changed things around again without telling. And the 2.10 update addition to the manual is basically a hype brocure.

Granted, it's been a minute since I did a file transfer to my X so my memory might be fuzzy, but after updating to 2.10, I can't find the "Eject" option next to the drive in the browser. I work stand alone and don't want to install the MPC DAW, whatever it's called. Is that what's getting in my way?

What am I missing?
By Buzzard Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:51 pm
Having this issue as well that no one so far has seemed to answer.

I've downloaded the 'synth content' file. I added it to a usb stick and put it in my mpc...nothing...

It's saying the same thing in the software...I'm confused.

EDIT: Realized that I needed to remove the 'SYNTH' from 'MPC SYNTH CONTENT' for it to work! The read me file was also something I missed.
By IHateMyMPCSoMuch Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:02 am
Buzzard wrote:Having this issue as well that no one so far has seemed to answer.

I've downloaded the 'synth content' file. I added it to a usb stick and put it in my mpc...nothing...

It's saying the same thing in the software...I'm confused.

EDIT: Realized that I needed to remove the 'SYNTH' from 'MPC SYNTH CONTENT' for it to work! The read me file was also something I missed.

You just removed the word synth or you just copied the folder synth over? Because I copied over the folder synth and nothing
By Imagine420 Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:44 am
fourthset wrote:You can't even download the synth content anymore, I'm getting 504 errors when I try https://www.akaipro.com/amfile/file/dow ... duct/8798/ ?

Anyone else experiencing this as well?

Pretty amature to not have this hosted on a CDN.

:Sigh:

Been experiencing this all night. So I installed the firmware first which when I turn my Live on I get the plug in error and nothing else at first. After about an hour, tried turning on again and now my MPC Live can't locate my splice integrated download folder knocking out multiple projects I use the splice integration with even though it shows I'm connected to my account when I load a project. Super frustrated. Also - still getting that gateway error on their site. Tried tweeting support a few hours ago, but nothing yet. If hear back I'll update....
By jvbulman Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 am
@foruthset, I was able to download them about 30min ago.

I successfully updated the firmware on my One via USB (I don't have access to a computer with Win or Mac OS) and the new plugins work while I have the thumbdrive I used to update plugged into my MPC, but is it possible to get them onto the unit so that they work without having a thumbdrive or an SD card installed? If so, how do?

Thanks in advance.
By Smackdee Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:42 am
I downloaded it with no problems earlier today hope they get it back up soon, it's actually in two places ..
1. In the firmware section
2. In the software 2.10 section...

For the software side you install it via mac or pc installer and off you go....

For the standalone side copy the whole folder named "synths" to your SSD/Hd done!!!!!
By jpeg Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:42 am
TWISTED_INSANE wrote:SO, I just updated my mpc to 2.10 but when I turn on the mpc it says I have new plug ins I can use but 1st I need to download and install them, huh? I shouldve been good to go after update, someone help me out, HOW DO I GET THE NEW PLUG INS ON MY MPC X???????

same shit is weird cos the new plugins are not even visible but i have not been able to download the synth content due to that gateway error
By ShengTao Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:05 pm
To those who are getting 504 error.. try logging in to your account and using the link under your products. Same thing was happening to me until I logged in. I think that other link is broken.
Unzip the file and copy the "synths" folder to your ssd (root level) via USB cable.
Everything is working.
Not sure about mpc one, looks like you have to copy "synths" folder to SD card.. I guess every time you start a new SD card, you'll have to add that folder if you intend to use the new synths on any projects saved on the card(?) Seems kind of clunky.
By MMLv426 Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:16 pm
Smackdee wrote:I downloaded it with no problems earlier today hope they get it back up soon, it's actually in two places ..
1. In the firmware section
2. In the software 2.10 section...

For the software side you install it via mac or pc installer and off you go....

For the standalone side copy the whole folder named "synths" to your SSD/Hd done!!!!!

There seems to be a new process for transferring from PC to an Internal Drive, ppl who has figured this one out.. how did you do it? I can't see the "Eject" button next to y drive in the browser anymore.