MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:55 pm
DNova wrote:I can verify my Tascam Model 24 is working fine. It didn’t for hours. And I’d see this error I’ve only seen once on the Tascam about FS…whatever. I created a new song on the Tascam at 16bit 44KHz and it worked fine. I will say the level is HOT so all the clicking whatever people report may very well be clipping. I have not tried routing back to the MPC as my workflow is to mixdown on the Tascam anyway. I will give it a go soon though.

My clicks and pops are happening on the Force and XR18 when there’s a low signal level coming in so I don’t think it’s digital clipping. I’m going to try some more tests later on but it makes no sense to me that playback should be fine but recording has artifacts. I’m inclined to believe this is an issue on the Force’s end.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:57 pm
Just_Pierre wrote:
DNova wrote:I can verify my Tascam Model 24 is working fine. It didn’t for hours. And I’d see this error I’ve only seen once on the Tascam about FS…whatever. I created a new song on the Tascam at 16bit 44KHz and it worked fine. I will say the level is HOT so all the clicking whatever people report may very well be clipping. I have not tried routing back to the MPC as my workflow is to mixdown on the Tascam anyway. I will give it a go soon though.

I own a Tascam Model 12 and it's working perfect with my MPC Live II. But how do you route back the audio to the MPC from the Tascam?

Are you able to record without clicks and pops? Or is it only the audio output that works flawlessly?
By frankie13 Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:44 pm
cross posted, but maybe useful:

I spent a little more time with Force 3.1.1 and RME UFX and was able to get clean recordings as long as the preference to auto warp audio tracks is set to "off".
I'm going to experiment some more, but encouraged by this and would suggest that others experiencing clicks and pops on recordings try turning this pref off and see if it helps.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:28 pm
Do we have a set of 'generally confirmed by lots of people, no problems at all' interfaces/mixers? If so, please list them and I'll add them to the first post on the main topic. After scrubbing through, does this seem okay?

Tascam model 12/16/24 (someone claimed the 24 is problematic, but IMO this doesn't make much sense if the 16 is fine)
Behringer UMC series
presonus studiolive 16.0.2 usb
RME Babyface Pro FS
Zoom L12
iConnectivity iConnect4+
By MaxMyriad Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:29 am
Does anyone know of an interface that works with MPC/Force with 6-8 channels of analog input, ADAT input/output, and onboard routing capabilities (not using the force/daw for channel routing)?

My MOTU Ultralite mk4 would be perfect but I get unusable audio dropouts. The Behringer UMC1820 WOULD work for my purposes except that Force mixer isn't quite flexible enough; I can't send a track or submix to multiple outputs which is why i need onboard digital mixing/routing. Scarlett 18i20 would be great but I'm hearing mixed results (has anyone confirmed that 2nd or 3rd gens work?). Tascam Model's are too bulky and don't record post channel strip anyway.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 am
MaxMyriad wrote:Tascam Model's are too bulky and don't record post channel strip anyway.

So basically (the excellent) Pink Buddha recently reviewed the Tascam/Force combo and unfortunately incorrectly stated that USB audio can't be 'post' channel strip, and I'm now seeing people repeating this all over social media. The Tascam can send audio via USB 'post' channel strip no problem at all, you just have to configure things in the menu.

In the Tascam model 12, go to 'MENU > MIXER > MTR/USB SEND POINT ' and there you can set each channel to send pre or post channel strip. I just tested it with a mic in mixer track 5 with it set to 'POST EQ' and recorded into the MPC sampler while actively changing the EQ and compression knobs on the channel strip - it's definitely sending the audio to the MPC 'post', not pre.
By e-Brainz Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:05 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
MaxMyriad wrote:Tascam Model's are too bulky and don't record post channel strip anyway.

So basically (the excellent) Pink Buddha recently reviewed the Tascam/Force combo and unfortunately incorrectly stated that USB audio can't be 'post' channel strip, and I'm now seeing people repeating this all over social media. The Tascam can send audio via USB 'post' channel strip no problem at all, you just have to configure things in the menu.

In the Tascam model 12, go to 'MENU > MIXER > MTR/USB SEND POINT ' and there you can set each channel to send pre or post channel strip. I just tested it with a mic in mixer track 5 with it set to 'POST EQ' and recorded into the MPC sampler while actively changing the EQ and compression knobs on the channel strip - it's definitely sending the audio to the MPC 'post', not pre.

Maybe you have already done this, but surely the guy will be happy to post a correction if you message him about it.
By MaxMyriad Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:35 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:

Is this post fader as well? The manual seems a little ambiguous because it 1) just refers to where the signal is tapped for SD card recording, not audio interface recording and 2) refers to the EQ and comp pre or post but does not mention whether fader movements control volume of the signal to be recorded.

Regardless, part of the reason i'm doing this is to use software EQ's/compressors which are stereo (controlled with one knob rather than wrangling 2) and automatable. Plus I'd love ADAT out loopback options. It's been a bit of a bummer to learn that class compliant has different meanings - I was under the false impression things were a bit simpler and the days of bespoke problematic drivers were behind us. I'm sure a viable option will emerge, hopefully without needing to wait for the firmware gods to speaketh.
By Dievas Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:31 pm
Hello and congrats for this great forum.

I've tried to connect my Roland RD-88 stage piano to the One but it doesn't works.

See de pictures please.

Is this possible to fix? I woul like to route the RD's audio signal through the One's usb if possible...

By mrmarbury Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:36 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Tascam model 12/16/24 (someone claimed the 24 is problematic, but IMO this doesn't make much sense if the 16 is fine)

IMHO it makes perfect sense. Every available channel needs processing power even if it is not actively used and somewhere around 16 channels might be the threshold for the pre-configured samples cache which might be fairly low to keep IO latency under a couple of ms. At least is my experience especially those problems with crackles and pops when using multi-channel IO is solvable by raising the samples cache or switching off the extra channels. I would prefer if Akai would make the samples cache configurable by the user.
By dcarmich1 Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:04 am
[email protected] wrote:I have Allen & Heath SQ6. The mixer is recognised by MPC, but again same 22 error about sample rate. Why AKAI so limit this characteristic when we use external equipment as audio device. Especially knowing that internal DAC work without any problems with the sample rate of 96 kHz. This way so many wonderful equipment will open its possibilities to mpc, cause as I know most digital mixers sample rate stars with 48 kHz input minimum. Maybe there is possibility to make a poll in this forum about distribution of sample rate in our equipment, and this can motivate AKAI to give us a patch where we can choose this for usb setup. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I've been interested in the SQ Series mixers for a long time. Have you updated your SQ6 to the latest firmware?
By collargrip_cristian Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:15 am
Just got the Zoom Livetrak L-20. Set to class compliant mode, 44.1khz, and audio interface switched on- my MPC live recognized it after a power cycle. I was concerned because technically in the manual it says it is Mac class compliant but requires drivers for windows (Linux not mentioned).

It recognizes all of the inputs, but I am unable to assign tracks or submixes to individual channels beyond the 4 stereo ones. My mistake since it clearly states it is 22/4... Currently deciding if I should try to sell it and get a Soundcraft MTK. I would consider a Tascam 24 but I don't like that the 24 can record post fader/EQ while the 12 can. Anyway it works
By Kryz Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:27 pm
Don't buy a soundcraft mtk signature, I have it and has the same issues, clicks and pops when you record from usb.
Actually I believe none audio interface is working properly using digital inputs for recording.
As a playback device is working great , but imo , save for another mixer It is noisy in its audio routings...
By Kryz Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:41 am
Hi,
After checking the usb playback functionality in the soundcraft mtk 12, I can say has artifacts.
Mostly I found artifacts in the plugin instruments tracks.
I recorded them with an external tascam directly from the analog
mixer outputs.
Is not about CPU consuming project ,Is just 30% .
I did recording with the 2 inputs of MPC and no more clicks.
We need a buffer control panel to setup our usb audio configuration.

In other hand I can't believe akai launched this update.
And now they have big problems offering a feature that is not working and I doubt it will .
Mpc boxes are ok how they are , they need bug fixing in other areas not implement smoking features , I bough a mixer because this update , luckily is just a cheap one.
Playback is broken, maybe for a live is usable if you don't care so much clicks and pops very subtle Huh :lol: :lol: :lol:
In resume no one has proofs of a working device just it shows in audio interface and it sounds ...but like 30 years ago and the first cheap audio card
implementations.