MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By JudasBrain Wed May 11, 2022 2:32 am
Monotremata wrote:
JudasBrain wrote:I’m using the xenyx 1204 and after enabling everything on the MPC, I’m still getting nothing on the other channels. Just 1/2

Well that depends on what you mean by 'Xenyx 1204'. The UFX1204 is a completely different device than the 1204USB. The 1204USB is nothing more than a mixer with a token USB connection that only outputs the stereo main mix.

Sounds like that may be my issue. Tech support is calling me tomorrow apparently, so we’ll see
By JudasBrain Wed May 11, 2022 2:54 am
Monotremata wrote:
JudasBrain wrote:I’m using the xenyx 1204 and after enabling everything on the MPC, I’m still getting nothing on the other channels. Just 1/2

Well that depends on what you mean by 'Xenyx 1204'. The UFX1204 is a completely different device than the 1204USB. The 1204USB is nothing more than a mixer with a token USB connection that only outputs the stereo main mix.

While looking at manuals, they seem to be the same except for the x’s internal fx…?
By JudasBrain Wed May 11, 2022 4:44 am
Well that depends on what you mean by 'Xenyx 1204'. The UFX1204 is a completely different device than the 1204USB. The 1204USB is nothing more than a mixer with a token USB connection that only outputs the stereo main mix.[/quote]

While looking at manuals, they seem to be the same except for the x’s internal fx…?[/quote]

Just realized I was looking at the qx 1204 :WTF:
By collargrip_cristian Wed May 18, 2022 5:18 pm
The purpose is actually to remove the pc from the equation. The class compliant mixer is supposed to directly plug into your mpc, thereby expanding the in/outs of your mpc. You could then ideally do olall your mixing and EQ on your board and/or record audio tracks, etc. The MPC replaces the pc in that scenario. The issue being that it handles playback fine but recording adds digital artifacts.

Someone earlier said they were able to make an adjustment if some kind to their mixer to fix this, (can't remember off the top) but I didn't see anyone else verify.

Certified Beatz wrote:Idk this feature is a heqd scratcher... why can't this be done via software or USB to network cable... why have your MPC( audio card) connect to a audio card to connect to your PC audio card in order to have multiple outputs... how much is this investment going to cost...
By Certified Beatz Thu May 19, 2022 3:15 am
cesarsjogren wrote:The purpose is actually to remove the pc from the equation. The class compliant mixer is supposed to directly plug into your mpc, thereby expanding the in/outs of your mpc. You could then ideally do olall your mixing and EQ on your board and/or record audio tracks, etc. The MPC replaces the pc in that scenario. The issue being that it handles playback fine but recording adds digital artifacts.

Someone earlier said they were able to make an adjustment if some kind to their mixer to fix this, (can't remember off the top) but I didn't see anyone else verify.

Certified Beatz wrote:Idk this feature is a heqd scratcher... why can't this be done via software or USB to network cable... why have your MPC( audio card) connect to a audio card to connect to your PC audio card in order to have multiple outputs... how much is this investment going to cost...

I see the point I'm just being selfish lol.. well to be far I really don't like the software and love cubase and wanted to work that daw exclusively with my MPC.. also other controllers..
By Lefty de Vito Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:43 pm
I copied this remark from the "List of Working/Non Working Class Compliant USB Interfaces" thread:
Monotremata wrote:Behringer ADA8200 is listed?? Thats a converter, not an interface.

FYI. Monotremata is referring to my list in this posting: viewtopic.php?p=1847252#p1847252

@Monotremata:
Thanks for the correction.

ADA8200 was taken from this posting:
viewtopic.php?p=1837952#p1837952
PhatBob wrote:Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen + Behringer ADA8200 works perfectly works MPC Live 2

I tried to look up the mentioned devices but I missed on that one.
As I can't edit my posting: Please ignore all errors in my compilation, but do report them here!
Maybe someone is able to create an always up to date list of devices?
By Dan Batts Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:20 pm
I've been using the Behringer umc 1820 for a few days and when it works it's pretty good. There's some noise but I can live with it. I see others reporting no issues. However getting it to play ball with my MPC One is totally random. Initially MPC didn't recognise it at all.
I learned 1. try a number of different USB cables (the one that came with the 1820 didn't work, the one (I think) that came with the MPC did, ?at first), 2. the ADAT/SPDIF button on the front panel needs to be pushed in, 3. whether it was routed via my powered USB hub doesn't seem to make any difference, 4. sometimes the MPC takes a while to recognise it, but mostly 5. it's totally unpredictable and unreliable as to whether it'll show up at all or stay connected when it is recognised.
Yesterday it seemed to be working OK and I thought problem solved. This morning I spent hours plugging/unplugging, restarting MPC/1820/USB hub, and best I got was occasional recognition followed by drop out and 'reverting to internal audio device'. Frustrating as f*ck.
Anyone got any ideas that could help?
By Monotremata Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:36 pm
Have you tried any other usb devices like a MIDI controller or thumb drive to see if those have any issues? Almost sounds like a funky USB port maybe. Mines fired up right now actually (Im taking a break from tracking), outputs 1-8 running a bunch of tracks over into my MOTU into Cubase and no trouble there. FWIW mine has been pretty much plug and play. I can turn it on before or after I start up the MPC, switch back and forth, etc. Just dont hit that ADAT/SPDIF button haha. Shows up almost instantly. I keep it plugged right into the back of my Live, I haven't tried it on my hub yet.
By zangetsu01 Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:42 pm
No improvement on external audio interface support. Still getting pops and clicks on my Iconnectivity Audio4C. Guess it's to hard to add a few drop down menu's in the audio device settings menu to let us choose the buffer size. I've checked the default buffer size in the hw_params in the MPC that's given to the Audio4C. It's 256 and it needs to be reduced..!!
By Dan Batts Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:31 pm
I was wondering if 2.11 would help with the (in)stability issues I’ve been having with the Behringer umc 1820. Answer seems to be no.
I actually have a second 1820 - the first one I bought used in supposedly very good condition but I sent that back and got a brand new one just in case the first unit was faulty. Have used the new one on 2.10 for a few days with the same issues as before, and today tested with 2.11 for a few hours. All the same issues here still: very audible pops and crackles for the first 30 minutes or so from start up (of the 1820 or of the MPC, can’t tell as I start both at same time), which then seem to disappear once we’re warmed up... weird. But the real ball ache for me is how sensitive and unreliable the connection appears to be. Example, all working ok today while I had a guitar plugged in to play with new amp sim, but pressing line/instrument switch ‘crashed’ it, ie. the MPC reverted to internal audio device and the 1820 was nowhere to be found. Cue yet another half hour of restarting, unplugging and replugging, trying the adat button, all with no joy. By end of which I’m thinking this **** thing is more trouble than it’s worth and I’m going back to the mackie mixer, until it then fairly randomly reconnects on the next restart.
It also disconnected yesterday when I was very carefully unscrewing the rack ears, barely touched it. And I’ve got a bunch of synths and a couple controllers usb’d via the RSH hub, don’t usually have problems with them dropping out, though it has happened once or twice with the Hydrasynth, though I think that was a wobbly usb in to the synth, just had to reroute the cable to solve that one, hasn’t been an issue since, for ages.
My take away - some people seem to have had no problems with it, but for me the Behringer 1820 is massively unreliable with an MPC. And no, far as I can see, 2.11 has done nothing to address any issues that may be on the MPC side. Which is likely most of them seeing as I’ve been able to use the 1820 with the Mac into Logic without any stability issues at all.
By dcarmich1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:43 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:No improvement on external audio interface support. Still getting pops and clicks on my Iconnectivity Audio4C. Guess it's too hard to add a few drop down menu's in the audio device settings menu to let us choose the buffer size. I've checked the default buffer size in the hw_params in the MPC that's given to the Audio4C. It's 256 and it needs to be reduced..!!

I've been interested in an MPC One for a long time and tested in a store with my MOTU 624, and the same pop/click issue happened. Can you explain what "hw_params" are?