MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By nitsel Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:54 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:Can anyone confirm that Tascam’s Model12 motorized faders follow MPC’s mixing movements after recording?

Tascam Model 12 doesn't have motorized fader.
By Vincent xx Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:04 am
Good morning guys,
i wanted to know if the firmware update to 2.10 is compatible with presonus mixer AR12, since it sees it in the mpc but it does not give me the output in different channels, does anyone have the same mixer and have tried USB AUDIO INTERFACE SUPPORT?
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:00 am
nitsel wrote:Tascam Model 12 doesn't have motorized fader.

Dang! must confused it with another mixer..
Ma bad..
Ok found it at the 1st page of this thread from user 1-8-8-1:
“ update on the Behringer X32 compact,

the USB midi connection works simultaneously.

you can record and play back the motorised faders, mutes and pans on the MPC”

Can anyone confirm this? ^
If that’s true I’m all over this!!!
By 1-8-8-1 Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:43 am
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
nitsel wrote:Tascam Model 12 doesn't have motorized fader.

Dang! must confused it with another mixer..
Ma bad..
Ok found it at the 1st page of this thread from user 1-8-8-1:
“ update on the Behringer X32 compact,

the USB midi connection works simultaneously.

you can record and play back the motorised faders, mutes and pans on the MPC”

Can anyone confirm this? ^
If that’s true I’m all over this!!!

Hi,

I thought I was confirming it, don't you trust me :)

To clarify:-

the x32 sends and receives fader pan and mute over midi, which you can record as automation in the MPC.
be careful in the card settings not to create a MIDI feedback loop or your faders will start to vibrate and you could damage them.

I have tested this with the klark Teknik DN-32 live card - but this should be the same as the standard card without the live recording capability.

I have been really impressed with the x32, the routing can be a bit difficult to get your head around initially, but that's just because you have a great deal of control over the signal path.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:13 pm
1-8-8-1 wrote:Hi,

the x32 sends and receives fader pan and mute over midi, which you can record as automation in the MPC.
be careful in the card settings not to create a MIDI feedback loop or your faders will start to vibrate and you could damage them.

I have tested this with the klark Teknik DN-32 live card - but this should be the same as the standard card without the live recording capability.

I have been really impressed with the x32, the routing can be a bit difficult to get your head around initially, but that's just because you have a great deal of control over the signal path.

Instant buy for me!!!Really appreciate your feedback man :worthy:
Have you tried playing back all 32 channels?Does MPC handle it without artefacts?
By 1-8-8-1 Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:29 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
1-8-8-1 wrote:Hi,

Instant buy for me!!!Really appreciate your feedback man :worthy:
Have you tried playing back all 32 channels?Does MPC handle it without artefacts?

Hi,

I have sent pads out to 8 stereo outputs and everything seemed ok.
I haven't tried all 32 outputs or the individual ins / outs.

I have no idea what might happen if the CPU load starts to creep up.

My MPC tends to crap out on me anyway after jumping around between different sequences.
This CPU leak was there in the previous version and has not been fixed, (for some reason CPU usage creeps up and up until it starts to glitch).
By Neurone Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:29 pm
Anybody tried the Yamaha MG10XU ?
By Monotremata Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 pm
Got a Behringer UMC1820 on the way so Ill let everybody know about that one next week. I should be able to test the ADAT I/O on it too as long as I can reach in the front of my rack and get to the back of my Ferrofish/MOTU haha.

I ordered this thing from Thomann in Germany, they've got it for almost $100 cheaper than anyone here in the states. Even with the overseas shipping from Germany, I got the thing $40 cheaper than I would've from Sweetwater. Somehow I just ordered it yesterday and UPS is magically going to deliver it Monday by 7pm. I mean I know us Germans are pretty efficient engineers but damn that is some magic shipping haha.
By Certified Beatz Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:37 am
Neodymium wrote:
Certified Beatz wrote:At the end of the day you still need to mix in a daw... I love the idea but using a expensive audio card with and already pricey MPC audio for more inputs just dont seem right.. audio over USB stand-alone should be the go to for stand-alone.

I didn't think my MPC One was expensive, and Tascam do a USB 16 in soundacrd for a 250 quid. I have two soundcards as it, one is 4 ins and outs. I never thought I'd be able to use it with this MPC, now I can. So with no extra expense I've just doubled the inputs, adding HiZ and Mic Pre amps. . My original plan was running a small mixer into this ins to handle multiple synths, bass and Guitar, and use the onboard compression, Eq for the submix.

If your goal is to make Audio releases, then I agree, the DAW is king. My DAW (currently out of action, hence trying a second soundcard)/interface) has far superior soft synths, realistic drums, pianos, horns, far more superiors FX, Amp modelers, tons of small plug ins, hi end reverbs and multiband compresion etc. Creatively this can get in the way a bit.

But if that's not your goal, but Dawless Jamming on Youtube, or playing with friends, doing gigs, then the playing field is leveled. I wouldn't trust a laptop live, and I don't like watching Laptop gigs as much.

I currently have 5 external synths, and a Ditto two channel pedal (for bass and guitar with MIdi in for clock). That's 8 inputs. I can run through a mixer, or get a new interface. The MPC can now instead of adding an FX to a submix, can still do this but add FX to individual channels. Live these can all change as the parts change. If I add a vocalist, the chorus section can add different processing to the vocalist. Doing this before would have required a larger mixer, plus multple fx.

A larger Audio Interface doesn't look expensive in the scheme of what the MPC now offers.

No I agree I own the MPC X love it .. im not a fan of having the plugin launched in my DAW.. going to try the new update right now..
By Neodymium Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:49 am
Monotremata wrote:Got a Behringer UMC1820 on the way so Ill let everybody know about that one next week. I should be able to test the ADAT I/O on it too as long as I can reach in the front of my rack and get to the back of my Ferrofish/MOTU haha.

I ordered this thing from Thomann in Germany, they've got it for almost $100 cheaper than anyone here in the states. Even with the overseas shipping from Germany, I got the thing $40 cheaper than I would've from Sweetwater. Somehow I just ordered it yesterday and UPS is magically going to deliver it Monday by 7pm. I mean I know us Germans are pretty efficient engineers but damn that is some magic shipping haha.

The Behringer seems almost a match spec wise for the Scarlet 18i8, but from Thoman you can get the Behringer 1820 and their ADAT rack for the same rice as the focusrite.

I think I'm going for the Focusrite though, I seem adverse to 19" rack units nowadays. I used to have a stack, including the MPX500 and 6400Ulstra i your profile picture (so that always makes me smile)

Back in the UK thoughI still have the MPX and 2 channel strips, so should I ever get the ADAT and retrieve the oter 3, they can all live in a box toggether.

The MPX 500 has S/PDIF, so in theory you can attach hat to you Behringer and have access to Lexicon reverbs from the MPC.
By Monotremata Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:42 pm
Neodymium wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Got a Behringer UMC1820 on the way so Ill let everybody know about that one next week. I should be able to test the ADAT I/O on it too as long as I can reach in the front of my rack and get to the back of my Ferrofish/MOTU haha.

The Behringer seems almost a match spec wise for the Scarlet 18i8, but from Thoman you can get the Behringer 1820 and their ADAT rack for the same rice as the focusrite.

I think I'm going for the Focusrite though, I seem adverse to 19" rack units nowadays. I used to have a stack, including the MPX500 and 6400Ulstra i your profile picture (so that always makes me smile)

Back in the UK thoughI still have the MPX and 2 channel strips, so should I ever get the ADAT and retrieve the oter 3, they can all live in a box toggether.

The MPX 500 has S/PDIF, so in theory you can attach hat to you Behringer and have access to Lexicon reverbs from the MPC.

Haha that's EXACTLY why I got the Behringer. I was really wary about buying an interface from them but for the price eh, it'll be worth it I hope. Its pretty much the same I/O as the Focusrite and the Presonus 1824 I was looking at. Almost the same I/O as my MOTU but I have an extra ADAT on the MOTU so my Mac gets a full 24 in and out. I just couldn't justify paying half what I paid for my MPC for an interface, and then another $200 or so for another ADA8200 (I just sold my damn ADA8200 a few months ago when I got my Ferrofish go figure)

Damn I didn't even think of that with the MPX. Years ago I used to hook it up to my 828 that way and would send an Aux in Logic out to it and run stuff through the Lexi's reverbs.. Its too bad my SRV330 or my SE50/70 doesn't have SPDIF, those would be a perfect match for it haha.
By emdog Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:01 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
Neodymium wrote:Do you mean:
The A/D are better quality at the same rates, or
The option to choose better rates?

He’s talking about better quality A/D at the same rates and that’s a fact..

Yea what he said. The fact the apogee symphony desktop works with it is dope as shit. The duet 2, and hopefully the 3 when it comes out, are going to be the best options for bus powered ultra portable fully battery powered system
By DokBrown Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:51 pm
I have the old Steinberg ur44. I have only used it on my windows laptop with ableton & used steinberg’s proprietary drivers/software. the class compliance thing is totally new to me.

The question I have is how much of this is the hardware/interface & how much of this is AKAI needs to update the OS/drivers ?

I imagine the simplest solutions is just to buy whatever interface seems to work the best right out the box, but i imagine many of us do not want to spend $$$ on a new unit when we have 1 that works.