MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SakisX Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:06 pm
Hoekschop wrote:This is confusing. As far I can remember, MIDI over USB has been possible in Standalone. I've used my Live mk1 to control an el cheapo Casio keyboard via USB as a sound module. However connecting my Live to my iPad via a Camera connector has never worked. Luckily MIDI over bluetooth does work to use the iPad as a soundmodule for my MPC.

No one said it works now . It always worked only if you enabled controller mode where the MPC is stacked at "looking for a computer" mode . But it's useless (for me)
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:00 pm
Hoekschop wrote:My point was that MIDI over USB also works in Standalone and has for a while.

Yes, since 2.8 you can send USB MIDI to class compliant devices in standalone mode, such as synths, sound modules etc. But not to an iPad, this is still limited to bluetooth or MIDI cable via MIDI interface.
By mrrafs Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:48 pm
some info from other sites:

if you get a error code “-22” see if you can change your audio interface to 44.1khz

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/41228/machine-vs-machine-mk3-vs-akai-mpc-one/p6
* iConnect Audio 4 (set to 44.1khz): working

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/akai-mpc-one/118023
* QSC Touchmix 30 Pro: error code “-22” even when set to 44.1khz
* presonus studiolive series iii : error code “-22” even when set to 44.1khz
* OP1 is a bit glitchy with the occasional click, but OPZ seems to sample just fine.
* Elektron Analog Rytm, Analog Heat, Digitakt, Digitone: error code “-22” (all of these are 48khz)
* MC-707 works with 707 generic driver, bur not vendor driver ( have to ensure 1/2 isn’t active in sampler input or the feedback occurs, or turn off monitoring)
* FocusRite Scarlett and OctaPre are recognised
* Behringer Flow 8: not working
By omegatron Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:48 pm
I know it's super low end but I tested an old behringer xenyx 302usb and it works fine, detected as bur-brown from TI usb audio codec, was plugged in via an unpowed usb3 hub alongside an mpk mini mk3 all worked well..
By stewes Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:49 pm
I’ve been testing it out with my iConnect Audio 4+! Been able to stream 6 individual tracks straight into the iPad from the MPC One! It’s crazy!

This is a statement from a user in audiobus forum…yeah!
By emdog Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:38 pm
Apogee symphony desktop - works great
Apogee duet 2 - works great
Antelope audio zen go - works great
By 1-8-8-1 Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:18 pm
[/quote]

Have you tried recording back into the MPC? I have an X-32 and MPC Live. It reads fine but when I multitrack record external synths back into the mpc the recording has crackles and pops on it.[/quote]

I have routed audio from the MPC and back via the x32 - all was fine. (stereo out - stereo in)
I haven't tested this with the original / standard card though.
By 1-8-8-1 Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:21 pm
White Solar Dog wrote:
1-8-8-1 wrote:Roland TR-8

this doesn't work, 96kHz sample rate not supported

but can't you change the sample rate on the TR8? I'm looking to but an mpc live just for this feature with the TR8...

Hi,

As someone else here said, you can change sample rate from the USB driver, but not directly on the hardware of the TR-8
By SakisX Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:23 pm
mrrafs wrote:V 2.10
TC Helicon Blender : Error
iPad (with cck): unrecognised

Since Blender works on iPad ,is there a chance it's user error ?
I was thinking getting a used one ...
By mrrafs Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:19 am
From: https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... e-919.html

Audio interface and MPC 2.10: Your experience

Proofed to Work (e.g. Tested):
Tascam model 12, 16, 24: see Youtube Demos
Behringer UMC204HD (cresshead)
ZOOM H2N mic (cresshead)
Roland TD30 Drum module (cresshead)
Roland JDXi (cresshead)

Seems to work (e.g. was detected proberly, but not tested in depth)
Steinberg UR 22 mk 2: dectected, Astral_Body in this thread, Youtube Video
Behringer UMC 404 HD. Detected, headphone output tested and working - smutek
Mackie Onyx Blackjack. Detected, as "Loud technologies Inc. Onyx Blackjack". Headphone output tested and working - smutek
Zoom U-24 audio and MIDI I/O. Also the Zoom U-24 can power up off the MPC's USB port. -Jazzcabbage
Boss RC505 looper .. some issues .. need to find right settings (cresshead)
SSL2+ Seems to work really fine, including headphone output. Will test inputs and recording later - rtme
Soundcraft Signature MTK 12 to your list. Tested, seems fully functional.

NOT Working
Presonus StudioLive 24: MPC signals error: Code -22, Could not get PCM Hardware configuration from device, Astral_Body in this thread
MOTU 828: not USB class compliant, s. this thread
MOTU Track 16: Not USB class compliant. Throws "device not supported" error when connected. - smutek
MOTU 16A "Error: specified configuration may not be supported by the device code: -6". Class compliant, works with iOS. Sometimes loads without error and will work for a short period, then samples start to alias and eventually it stops working. -Jazzcabbage
MOTU 8A "Error: specified configuration may not be supported by the device code: -6". Class compliant, works with iOS. Sometimes loads without error and will work for a short period, then samples start to alias and eventually it stops working. -Jazzcabbage
roland JX03 crashes on exit (cresshead)
roland JP08 crashes on exit (cresshead)
By ACRE Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:26 am
iLLadelphian wrote:Is the only supported sample rate for the MPC 44.1 when using it with one of these audio interfaces?

yes i'm afraid it's only 44.1 ... i'm not sure it would make a huge difference ...
... ok now , sorry guys to point out this forever ongoing subject but ... the sound quality of the class compliance :
here's how i compare the overall sound, the summing, the dynamic etc etc ... mine is an MPC X :

1 : internal summing of the mpc : everything goes to the MAIN OUT
2 : the 8 outs of the X goes into my SSL6 (which has 10 ins actually) analog mixer
3 : class compliance mode & its 32 outs so the sound goes into my RME Fireface UFX2

1 : INTERNAL SUMMING : the sound is punchy, pretty fat but as soon as you summ a lot of tracks, the sound starts to get muddy & you loose a lot of definition
2 : EXTERNAL SUMMING : day & night : the 8 outs of the X allows an external summing trough any analog equipment : an SSL6 in my case : the sound quality (thanks to the SSL Eq & compressors) is astonishing really, you get the punch, the clarity, the dynamic & the neutral sound of your music, the stereo image is somehow wider ... i don't know how but ... it adds this little something to your X ... the lows are either fatter or punchier , the highs are polished in a good way , pleasant , not harsh , shines your mix really ... so i was happy with this setting ...

but i said, let's try the class compliance mode to compare ...
1st of all ... 44.1Khz, not sure it makes a huge difference to the sound, i'm happy with it ... i know working in 44.1 is a lot of times, enough to achieve a great quality , sometimes better than 48 or 96 Khz , check fabfilter website on the subject ... so 44.1 is ok ...
so i start a new session & send few tracks to my RME ...

... straight away i got disappointed ... WTF is that sound ... no more punch, no more dynamic, i had to spend a huge amount of time on the mix to get the sound i had before ... my RME converters are excellent but in class compliant mode i feel like when i start a fresh blank session in a daw ... the sound is flat, boring.

the only PRO i found in class compliance mode is the space available in the stereo field, you can add a lot of elements to your mix before the summing start to weaken.
So on 1 side it's not so bad, but on the other it needs a huge amount of time on the mix process to get this Akai or SSL sound ... so for now, i'll stick with the 8 outs of the X.

Have you noticed a difference in class compliance mode ?