MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Kestudidbo Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:23 pm
Dievas wrote:I've tried to connect my Roland RD-88 stage piano to the One but it doesn't works.
Is this possible to fix? I woul like to route the RD's audio signal through the One's usb if possible...

Hi, you will need to change the USB settings from Vendor to Generic - the errors you get are generated by all Roland stuff on Vendor USB settings.
See the link bellow, howewer I am not shure it will transmitt MIDI and audio in that mode, so let us know.
https://rolandus.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/a ... er-Setting
By entropy_disorder Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:22 am
Hi guys,
I have been wondering how to integrate Force with RME UCX and Ableton. I bet this is a well-asked question, but I have had no luck in finding the right answer from all the searches.

Can I technically connect Force with RME UCX, then use Force as audio in and out on Ableton live? would this pass through the in/out from RME UCX through Force into separate channels in Ableton?

Thank you very much!
By Kryz Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:11 am
toddADSR wrote:Anybody have any further experience multitracking direct to the MPC hardware from a Soundcraft Signature MTK? The forum seems to have one vote for no problems and one vote for popping issues.

Don't try it, unless you want to sell it in 1 week, i did it already for you :)

I bought a Signature mtk-12 because this update, and i had to sell it because the audio quality of the usb-audio implementation is just like a 25 years old cheap card.

I can say my Gravis Ultrasound had better audio performance summing tracks than the usb-audio implementation of akai in the 2.10 Update.

If you want just extra external outputs, i guess the only option is to buy the live or the X model.

But i am afraid of clicks and pops even with the internal analog outputs of the live, there is a video of a honest producer showing these issues :(

[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhqb_ivdhSk[/url]

Sadly seems that there is an issue in the summing algorithm on the new Mpc of Akai, not ready to get a production sound in your mix, basses on that video summing with chords show exactly the same issue as we are getting with usb-audio....

That video is a real proof of what happens when you got a 70% cpu load in the Mpc, those random clicks can be avoided bouncing some tracks OR NOT USING ANY PLUGIN , this is quite tested by me with analog outputs in a heavy live project.

Yes you can play and get fun and almost not listen those pops, until you want to mix that...then yes you can record that track dozens of times until you are sure, there is no click....(be sure huh).

Begin to think in buying a mpc 1000 with 6 mono outputs + synth module, you'll have a more stable setup with 64mb of ram, but you are sure the sound quality is good, which is the most important part in a production stage.

Doesn't matter to have unlimited tracks, audio tracks and synth/drum plugins if they don't sound good, clicks and pops were thing of the past until new mpc live came XD
By Kcearl Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:50 am
nori wrote:On Force motu M4 works perfectly on playback and recording external synth. No pops/clicks/distortion/phasing/etc.

I can confirm that a brand new Scarlett 18i20 gen2 has pops and clicks every 20-30 secs. It sounds like vinyl pops and I am guessing people might be missing them if its actual music being played back :)

I tested both units by generating a sin wave at E1 so low enough to hear the pops/clicks with a Digitone playing at 20 bpm for 60 bars.

Anyone try the M-Audio 192 series? I see on another forum its working great on Linux for some people.

I need 6 line inputs for my synths so the 18i20 and similar interfaces with loads of preamps are overkill for me.

Havent tried my M4 on the Force, only MPC but have multitracked entire tunes with an 18i20 gen2 with no artifacts on my Force.

Its a crapshoot, I hope Akai can give us more consistency with this audio interface support.
By Kryz Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:13 pm
Yorgos Arabatzis wrote:
Kryz wrote:Please as some users said, try your hardware extensively and the usb audio routing to record before posting is a working model here.

RME Babyface PRO just works in any mode (playback/recording) after a long period of sessions.Defaults to 44.1KHz when in CC (class compliant) mode.
Cheers!

I see other posts that interface is working well so im hoped now.

I have a doubt about CC mode, i see some interfaces lost features when they are in that mode, for example less input/outputs.

Is that interface using all the in/outs in CC mode.

Cheers,
Sylkat
By collargrip_cristian Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:53 am
CBS25 wrote:I've read mixed info on the TASCAM Model series, regarding the audio interface function.
The TASCAM Model 12 is featured in the "official" video for this very purpose and I've seen a few other videos showing the Model 24 favorably as an audio interface.

In another Topic on this forum, "cracking/popping" was reported.

Do any others care to share experiences with the audio interface function of the TASCAM Model series (12, 16 and 24)?

Many thanks in advance

I've had the model 12 for almost a month and there are some digital artifacts (pops) when I record my synths as either an audio track or in the looper. Sucks because even though I really wanted more ins/outs, I settled for the model 12 because I was certain this would be the sure thing. Mixing and EQ can be set to post fader which was another huuuge plus but alas...

So anyway it "works" but with recording back into the Live being an issue, I'm gonna return this unfortunately.

I have gone through this thread many times and I see the word 'flawless' used a few times but I don't see enough ppl specifically say that it records back in with zero artifacts whatsoever. I wanted this to work but I think Im gonna just go with my analog connections
Last edited by collargrip_cristian on Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
By collargrip_cristian Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:59 am
Kryz wrote:Hi,
After checking the usb playback functionality in the soundcraft mtk 12, I can say has artifacts.
Mostly I found artifacts in the plugin instruments tracks.
I recorded them with an external tascam directly from the analog
mixer outputs.
Is not about CPU consuming project ,Is just 30% .
I did recording with the 2 inputs of MPC and no more clicks.
We need a buffer control panel to setup our usb audio configuration.

In other hand I can't believe akai launched this update.
And now they have big problems offering a feature that is not working and I doubt it will .
Mpc boxes are ok how they are , they need bug fixing in other areas not implement smoking features , I bough a mixer because this update , luckily is just a cheap one.
Playback is broken, maybe for a live is usable if you don't care so much clicks and pops very subtle Huh :lol: :lol: :lol:
In resume no one has proofs of a working device just it shows in audio interface and it sounds ...but like 30 years ago and the first cheap audio card
implementations.

Lol yup we both came to similar conclusions. Like you I ran out to buy a new mixer just for this update. Oh well, I'm just barely within my 30 day return window :lol:
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:32 am
I've also found the model 12 to experience clicks and pops, but also had various issues using it on my mac and couldn't find a reliable fix. It also had other various limitations and annoyances (not related to the MPC), so I've decided to get rid of it.

I recently purchased an Arturia Audiofuse Studio, primarily for my computer environment, but I'll try to give this a good standalone MPC testing next week.
By nori Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:26 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I've also found the model 12 to experience clicks and pops, but also had various issues using it on my mac and couldn't find a reliable fix. It also had other various limitations and annoyances (not related to the MPC), so I've decided to get rid of it.

I recently purchased an Arturia Audiofuse Studio, primarily for my computer environment, but I'll try to give this a good standalone MPC testing next week.

That would be awesome as I was also looking at this interface for multitracking external synths. It seems there are (non confirmed/thoroughly tested) good and bad experiences as well so be awesome to get solid information.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:47 pm
nori wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:That would be awesome as I was also looking at this interface for multitracking external synths. It seems there are (non confirmed/thoroughly tested) good and bad experiences as well so be awesome to get solid information.

Will report but TBH I'd be weary of offering a definitive review of any interface as I'm beginning to suspect that the main cause of issues is likely to be the MPC itself, possibly buffer or CPU/memory related. Too many conflicting reports for the exact same interfaces.

Currently have the audiofuse Studio set up with the MPC One in controller mode with a bunch of synths and mics connected and it's working like a charm, audio quality is pristine. Built in USB hub powering an MPK249 with a 7 port powered hub also connected to the Audiofuse which powers all the USB MIDI devices. You can set up three different mixes within the Audiofuse Control software and these are remembered and easily recalled when the interface is not connected to the computer (e.g. when connected to a standalone MPC - not yet tested...).

Thinking about getting an ADAT expander and just running the entire studio through it. If it also works well with a standalone MPC then that's a bonus.
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:45 pm
Kryz wrote:But i am afraid of clicks and pops even with the internal analog outputs of the live, there is a video of a honest producer showing these issues :(
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qhqb_ivdhSk[/url]

Didn't watch the whole video, but checked out the 'what was that distortion' section, I'm not sure why he didn't go to Channel Mixer and check to see what was clipping. You can see in MAIN that he has the channel strip set to 'pad', so all he's seeing when he says 'look, this is the volume' is the output of a single pad (we don't even know which pad), he's not monitoring the program output level or the master output level.

It's likely the entire program output itself was clipping, but as he didn't understand the machine, he can't troubleshoot it properly.

Clearly that machine was faulty, lots of weirdness going on, but that distortion issue was most likely user error, although as he didn't show the channel mixer we'll never know for sure.
By Kryz Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:47 am
Well, that issue happened to me in my tracks.

And i can't proof it here, but i was 2 week trying many setups to realize what was going on.

I bought a tascam dr4x to externally record the tracks, i got the same issue, random pops even with playback.

I can assure you that i was not clippling in my program/track/master.

Imagine, that i bough a Signature, a Warm Audio bus compressor and 1 GAP compressor (plus extra fx gears) because this update and to avoid completely pc plugins, i found out that has pops when i record with usb in, i checked very well if that channel/track/plugins were right in volumes for sure.

And then i bought a Tascam dr4x, to avoid those clips and record in Analog, because i was in a hurry already.

I don't know if the guy of the video did check out the volumes of all the chain (i can't believe he didn't) , but do you think that i didn't check all my volumes before buying another device, i thought that was a usb audio recording issue, but finally random pops happened in all my tracks, processed by external gears getting the audio from the analog outs of the mixer, we have then playback issues, subtle them but they are.

I have to say that those pops and clicks i've hear them before without USB interface, but only with plugins programs either synth or drum plugins.

I was always bouncing those tracks and always a bit afraid to use them, but bouncing those tracks is safe, no clicks appeared.

Also i think that unit was bugged related to the pads auto-pressing and other faulty issues i never seen in my unit.

Mpc is a great machine, Akai just did a big mistake announcing this feature, because so many people bought equipment for that.

I am really sure that some pops come from cpu load or bugged plugins, because it can be avoided just bouncing them and are random.

What i am concerned is that USB audio won't be able to be as a professional sound adapter, just letting me the only option to sell this Mpc one and buy the X with external outputs.

I say this because the root of the problem is 100% the latency and buffer settings, is based on linux and alsa soudn and akai has to decide in:

-The machine has bad sound quality and fast response in the pads.
-The machine has good sound quality but slow resonse in the pads.

This is a very old/know issue in this world of computer music, and they have to choose or give the user the chance to configure those settings, i guess they will but not sure.

So i like Mpc and i will be in it, because is the only machine let me do whatever i want, but as a costumer i have to critic akai because is not acceptable as a quality company to announce fake features.

Best Regards,
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:16 pm
Kryz wrote:I bought a tascam dr4x to externally record the tracks, i got the same issue, random pops even with playback.I can assure you that i was not clippling in my program/track/master.

I don't know if the guy of the video did check out the volumes of all the chain (i can't believe he didn't) , but do you think that i didn't check all my volumes before buying another device, ,

That video can't be used to somehow make the argument that the MPC is always prone to clipping and popping, as 1000s of regular users can vouch that it clearly isn't, not with the built in audio hardware at least (which is why you linked to it in the first place, as evidence that the MPC inherently suffers from these problems).

But my main point was that he clearly didn't understand the machine he was reviewing as he's referring to the pad channel strip, for an unknown pad, to somehow prove the program itself isn't clipping , so I would take at least some of his findings there with a pinch of salt. The problem with these influencer videos is that they have the machines for a very short time before they bang out a review and rarely correct any user errors in their reviews - they've already moved on to the next review. I can see the guy has eventually obtained and stuck with a Live 2, so I assume he's happy and not getting all the issues he talks about in that video.

But really, that video is irrelevant to this topic.

Regardless, I think it's clear that audio interface support is currently patchy and perhaps not quite ready for prime time and perhaps should have been tagged as 'beta'. But TBH you still have to applaud Akai for bringing this feature in the first place and hopefully, based on the feedback we are providing on this forum, they'll eventually fix the issues.