MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mikem Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:20 am
misterflibble wrote:
mikem wrote:Hi everybody!

I had to register just to say: I think I found a fix for the input glitches on my Model 16. I downloaded the mixer settings panel, connected my Model 16 to the laptop and upped the buffer size from 256 to 512, then I connected the Model 16 to the MPC. This seems to work fine, I played around with it for a couple of minutes without any pops on the input (Behringer K2 -> Model 16 -> MPC One). Even with a big reverb on the K2 signal no clicks or pops so far, and I had them pretty regularly before. So I think this is worth a try if you have a Tascam device, or maybe this works with others as well. I don't know if this fixes it completely, but it is way, way better than before.

Unfortunately latency is a bit higher, but at least it is usable now.

This is really helpful info, thanks for sharing. There has been a long-standing assumption that the clicks and pops we're getting on recording or playback with the MPC USB class-compliant audio interface support has been related to buffer size settings on either the MPC or the audio interface. Unfortunately, the MPC doesn't offer the ability to change the buffer size on the MPC's end, so you're stuck having to have an interface that allows the change on its end like the Tascam. I would hope that if Akai let users configure the buffer size on the MPC that it might allow a larger number of devices to become usable for this rather unstable feature.

Yes, that would be great. It's definitely the buffer size. I had to increase it to 1024 btw, because I got occasional clicks here and there with 512 too, but with 1024 I haven't had a single click in days. I don't know how this works, but my guess is that the MPC configures itself to use the same buffer size as the interface, and sizes below 1024 might simply be too low for the CPU to handle. Is there a way to find out what buffer size the MPC uses with its internal interface?
By SteeVitt Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:54 pm
Hi everyone!
with the latest update, which allows the use of external audiointerfaces, I decided .... I bought an MPC one a few days ago.
i connected an old komplete audio 6 mk1 (since the apollo twin, which i normally use is not cc).
the A6 works perfectly, no clicks no pops, both in playback and recording.
the sound quality was good.
but I was looking for something better .....
2 days ago I bought an Antelope zen go and I have it
connected to the mc one.
gorgeous sound, what I was looking for, professional converters etc.
but bad surprise it clicks and pops randomly. i read selected the forum and everything i could find to find a solution. so after a night of trying i think i found a solution ....
mpc one connected to komplete a6 mk1 (as external sound card) and antelope zen go connected to KA6 with s / pdif digital connection.
now everything works perfectly. no click or pops, with the wonderful sound of antelope converters. hope it helps someone!
By Certified Beatz Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:38 pm
Idk this feature is a heqd scratcher... why can't this be done via software or USB to network cable... why have your MPC( audio card) connect to a audio card to connect to your PC audio card in order to have multiple outputs... how much is this investment going to cost...
By Kestudidbo Fri May 06, 2022 10:57 am
64hz wrote:Anyone ca confirm allen & Heath zedi 10fx is working as intended?

I actually am working with a ZEDi 10FX since one week and I confirm it works fine during this test phase.
I will try to produce some song this weekend.
I don't use onboard effects, I think I could go with the basic ZEDi 10 but I have this one from a friend to test...

With that mixer you get a 4in/4out interface.

This is my setup :
Audio :
- MC-707 Phone Out into ZEDi Str1, to port the Cue to headphone function on the ZEDi,
- MC-707 audio Mix Out into ZEDi M1 and M2, direct mix, or eventually record/process into MPC IN 1/2,
- Bass Station II audio Out into ZEDi M3, direct mix, or eventually record/process into MPC IN 3,
- MPC OUT 1/2 into ZEDi Str2, direct mix,
- MPC OUT 3/4 into ZEDi Str3 for Cue to headphone purpose (personally most missed function on MPC One ! oh, and solid constant Midi learn :) )

Midi : all gear connected to MPC by Link 7-port USB hub
- MC-707 as Master clock, and mainly to receive MIDI from controllers and CC and PC from MPC track,
- Korg N1 as midi keyboard, via iConnectivity Mio interface,
- Bass Station II via USB for MIDI and power,
- Launch Control XL mainly to control MC-707 synths

I noted a bit of latency between MIDI and audio and I am now searching that issue.
By JudasBrain Tue May 10, 2022 9:11 pm
Moskwa96 wrote:Behringer UFX1204 works very good with MPC Live2. All 12 channels streams clearly , no problem to record 8 simoultanious tracks in standalone. No cracks or pops. And all of this with one usb cable. Amazing.

Very good upgrade raising MPC to next level. Now there is no competitor in standalone music producion over the world. Thanks to all people from AKAI , great job.

I’m using the xenyx 1204 and after enabling everything on the MPC, I’m still getting nothing on the other channels. Just 1/2
By JudasBrain Tue May 10, 2022 9:23 pm
omegatron wrote:I know it's super low end but I tested an old behringer xenyx 302usb and it works fine, detected as bur-brown from TI usb audio codec, was plugged in via an unpowed usb3 hub alongside an mpk mini mk3 all worked well..

I’m using the xenyx 1204 and with
all connections made and options enabled in the MPC, I still get no sound on any channel other than 1/2…what’s your secret?
By Monotremata Wed May 11, 2022 12:24 am
JudasBrain wrote:I’m using the xenyx 1204 and after enabling everything on the MPC, I’m still getting nothing on the other channels. Just 1/2

Well that depends on what you mean by 'Xenyx 1204'. The UFX1204 is a completely different device than the 1204USB. The 1204USB is nothing more than a mixer with a token USB connection that only outputs the stereo main mix.