MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:19 am
Certified Beatz wrote:I have the 828es and was looking in the AVB interface to use.. I wanted one for my ouputs from the MPC and AVB streams to my 828es in my DAW as it's own audio interface to track out I guess it's not possible

meeh, that does not sound good. I usually work in standalone and use the motu mainly as standalone mixer. Since I usually do not use all of my gear at once for a track I have no problems with single/two track recording my midi to the Mpc during down mix. But I had such high hopes for this feature since I would have finally been able to ditch the PC altogether for music production. Hopefully this is a bug and Akai releases a 2.10.1 soon. :hmmm:
By mrmarbury Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:23 am
BaronZen wrote:I'm running into the exact same issues with my Ultralite Mk4 - both the bit reduced drop out and randomly switching outputs. Please let us know if you find any solutions.

You're the first person I've found with the exact same issues but since we're both using MOTU I'm assuming we're not alone.

Same issue here (see my three posts). It really sucks. It works as long as I do not try to output via the motu. Maybe it will be a new kind of music production ... not just "not knowing what I do" but also "not hearing what I do" :roll:
By PhatBob Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:51 am
BaronZen wrote:
I'm running into the exact same issues with my Ultralite Mk4 - both the bit reduced drop out and randomly switching outputs. Please let us know if you find any solutions.

You're the first person I've found with the exact same issues but since we're both using MOTU I'm assuming we're not alone.

As far as I can read, all MOTU Ultralite/Axx will face the same problem. And yes, MOTU claims these interfaces are Class Compliant and they're right. You can definitely plug an ULAVB to any Mac computer without driver installed and all the I/O (analog+ADAT) show up.
Last night I tried an ultimate trial plugging the ULAVB directly to the MPC (USB) while controlling the internal routing of the card though Ethernet from a different computer. The idea there was to check if the P&P issue was coming from the ADAT ports not recognized or not in sync. Even with the minimal setup, i.e. 2 Analog INs/2 Anlalog OUTs the "bit reduced drop & randomly switching outputs (even with only 2 active, it goes to 6, 7....)"
Class Compliance seems really not to be so standard as it's supposed to be, from what I experienced, and from the experiences of others with other sound card brands. Who did not follow norm, if it really exists? AKAI or MOTU?? Open question.
By mrmarbury Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:34 pm
PhatBob wrote:Who did not follow norm, if it really exists? AKAI or MOTU?? Open question.

I did not upgrade to BigSur for a very long time because MOTU had a note on their web site stating that for AVB devices we should wait until they have ported the driver. Otherwise the interface might not work. Also I know of problems with MOTU and certain intel chipsets that MOTU refused to fix. I also have problems with MacOS and MOTU AVB gear when I do not have the driver installed. Up to the point where macOS shuts down the audio driver altogether. At the moment I suspect MOTU being the main problem here. But even Akai could have messed up. Anyway. Neither MOTU nor Akai are known to really fix problems when they can point to other companies or just ignore us for the most part. I wish Akai would post a list of tried and tested interfaces they know work. They must have tested their feature somehow ... I hope
By stewes Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:40 pm
Another question what happens...
Does anybody already connected directly an iPad to the MPC (FW 2.10)? Maybe with CC-Kit? Or a newer iPad with USB-C ? If this would be recognised that would be my dream...!!!
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:08 pm
stewes wrote:Another question what happens...
Does anybody already connected directly an iPad to the MPC (FW 2.10)? Maybe with CC-Kit? Or a newer iPad with USB-C ? If this would be recognised that would be my dream...!!!

This has been covered with previous topics, this isn't possible via USB so you still need to use Bluetooth or midi cable + midi interface. 2.10 doesn't change anything in this regard.
By stewes Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:29 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
stewes wrote:Another question what happens...

This has been covered with previous topics, this isn't possible via USB so you still need to use Bluetooth or midi cable + midi interface. 2.10 doesn't change anything in this regard.

Hmmm….ok…so this guy is wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mll04oDF0gE
By thomasb Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:56 pm
Been looking at a MPC or force for the last 6 months. This latest update has me almost ready to purchase.

Would love to know if anyone tried the latest 2.10 MPC update with a Xone::96. Seems like this would be an incredible combination.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:16 pm
stewes wrote:Hmmm….ok…so this guy is wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mll04oDF0gE

What are you trying to achieve with the set up described in that video? Are you trying to use the iPAd as a sound module for the MPC, i.e. trigger an iPad synth via USB MIDI? I notice that in the video they do not actually show it working.

I have just mirrored that exact set up. I have a USB C hub connected to the iPad Pro, the hub connected to the MPC USB. What's next? What do we want it to do?

The MPC has supported class compliant USB devices since firmware 2.8. the new update specifically allows it to use an audio interface instead of the internal audio device.

To use an ipad as a synth the MPC needs to transmit MIDI over USB from it's USB B port, and it never has done this. I don't think this update has changed that.
By EnochLight Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:25 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I notice that in the video they do not actually show it working. .

The video she posted yesterday shows iPad not only being controlled via MIDI with an MPC Live 2 over USB, it also shows the MPC Live 2 acting as active monitors with its built-in speaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7WpLq8fd8

No clue if that's what the OP was talking about, though.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:31 pm
Okay, but that means the MPC has to just be in limbo stuck in 'looking for computer', so you are just using is as an expensive MPD, that's not what most people want to do with an ipad and an MPC, they want the MPC to be in standalone mode running sequences triggering MIDI to an iPad synth.

*The example in the second video is still cool of course)
By EnochLight Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 pm
Just wanted to chime in: RME Babyface Pro works like a champ in USB CC mode with MPC Live 2 and 2.10!

1-8-8-1 wrote:Roland TR-8

this doesn't work, 96kHz sample rate not supported

The Roland TR-8 can easily be switched to 44.1 Khz in its settings (I have one). The reason is doesn't work with the MPC via 2.10 is because Roland's TR-8 is not USB Class Complaint - you need drivers installed on Windows for it to even work as an audio interface. :(