MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By CBS25 Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:59 pm
I've read mixed info on the TASCAM Model series, regarding the audio interface function.
The TASCAM Model 12 is featured in the "official" video for this very purpose and I've seen a few other videos showing the Model 24 favorably as an audio interface.

In another Topic on this forum, "cracking/popping" was reported.

Do any others care to share experiences with the audio interface function of the TASCAM Model series (12, 16 and 24)?

Many thanks in advance
By DeadRobot Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:18 am
Is everyone checking their software meters to make sure they aren't clipping. My RME does no show that I am clipping on the hardware but I am on the MPC. So I just lower the fader to fix.

Elektron synths would prolly work like the 555. I used to use it as a sound card for the ipad and could use the FX for ipad synths. I don't have one right now to test.
By Yorgos Arabatzis Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:18 am
1-8-8-1 wrote:the x32 sends and receives fader pan and mute over midi, which you can record as automation in the MPC.
be careful in the card settings not to create a MIDI feedback loop or your faders will start to vibrate and you could damage them.

I have tested this with the klark Teknik DN-32 live card - but this should be the same as the standard card without the live recording capability.

I have been really impressed with the x32, the routing can be a bit difficult to get your head around initially, but that's just because you have a great deal of control over the signal path.

I can confirm that the X32 works a treat!
Tested it myself with a project running 32 channels that were playing simultaneously going through X32’s FX..Wow!
By HouseWithoutMouse Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:47 pm
Can you send audio from a different computer/DAW to the RME so that the RME says the audio it's receiving is clipping? Does the RME have meters that could theoretically detect inter-sample overs, or some other kind of "smart"/oversampling metering? I mean, if it's just "is the sample value greater than the largest sample value that can be represented", then nothing can clip, because the device can only receive sample values between a certain range, from a digital audio input. Or are the minimum and maximum sample value reserved for meaning "this is clipped"? Or does it simulate what would happen in a D/A converter? Or is the audio sent from the MPC to the RME in floating point format?
By Neurone Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am
Anybody had any joy with the Behringer UMC202HD ?
By Monotremata Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:16 pm
Neurone wrote:Anybody had any joy with the Behringer UMC202HD ?

It should the rest of the UMC series works ok, my 1820 is flawless so far. Although I dont know why you would want to go backwards with only 2 outputs though..
By Neurone Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Neurone wrote:Anybody had any joy with the Behringer UMC202HD ?

It should the rest of the UMC series works ok, my 1820 is flawless so far. Although I dont know why you would want to go backwards with only 2 outputs though..

I just need something to get vocal & guitar parts in, plus phantom power of course.
Also, I do use dynamic mics from time to time so I need plenty of gain.
The 202 comes in handy for another reason, just powered from a USB battery pack it still works as a standalone mic pre-amp with a headphone monitor, which has come in really handy with my video cameras and DSLR's etc.
It's a great little device.
By Skalamanga Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:14 am
I get the code -22 error 44100k with my line6 helix rack, even if I set the sample rate on the helix to 44100k.

Was really hoping this would work but looking at the version info on the live 2 with the 2.10.1 update, it uses linux kernel 5.4 and I only have it working with Linux kernel 5.6
By Jon015 Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:02 am
CBS25 wrote:I've read mixed info on the TASCAM Model series, regarding the audio interface function.
The TASCAM Model 12 is featured in the "official" video for this very purpose and I've seen a few other videos showing the Model 24 favorably as an audio interface.

In another Topic on this forum, "cracking/popping" was reported.

Do any others care to share experiences with the audio interface function of the TASCAM Model series (12, 16 and 24)?

Many thanks in advance

I have had no issues using the Model 24 with audio out. Seems very stable the few times I have used it.
By mrmarbury Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:27 pm
I have an X32 as well. Can confirm that it gets recognised and is usable for playback. It's unusable for recording though. Even recording just one mono channel will add crackles to the recording as if the Samples setting is too low. Sample rate is at 44.1. The problem disappears in Controller-mode. But using the MPC X in controller mode defeats the purpose of the device for me and I can also go back to Ableton that I ditched for the MPC. My job involves pushing.a mouse all day so I can do without after leaving work. If there is an X32 owner that has no crackles in a recording, can she or he please help me figure this out? Thanks very much :)

P.S. Already tried: different cables, other USB slots, Hub and no Hub, other card configuration (32in is a must though). disabling wifi on the mpc
By [email protected] Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:08 am
I have Allen & Heath SQ6. The mixer is recognised by MPC, but again same 22 error about sample rate. Why AKAI so limit this characteristic when we use external equipment as audio device. Especially knowing that internal DAC work without any problems with the sample rate of 96 kHz. This way so many wonderful equipment will open its possibilities to mpc, cause as I know most digital mixers sample rate stars with 48 kHz input minimum. Maybe there is possibility to make a poll in this forum about distribution of sample rate in our equipment, and this can motivate AKAI to give us a patch where we can choose this for usb setup. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By DNova Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:49 am
I can verify my Tascam Model 24 is working fine. It didn’t for hours. And I’d see this error I’ve only seen once on the Tascam about FS…whatever. I created a new song on the Tascam at 16bit 44KHz and it worked fine. I will say the level is HOT so all the clicking whatever people report may very well be clipping. I have not tried routing back to the MPC as my workflow is to mixdown on the Tascam anyway. I will give it a go soon though.
By Neodymium Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:37 am
List of Working/Non Working Class Compliant USB Interface question

I gone though this thread and I can't see which I am meant to be using.

My parents are from South London, one worked in the print on Fleet Street and the other a hairdresser. So we were a working class family. But I am now a teacher and went to Uni. Does that mean I am now middle class? Should I be using a working class or non working class compliant interfaces?