MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By stewes Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:18 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
stewes wrote:Hmmm….ok…so this guy is wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mll04oDF0gE

What are you trying to achieve…

Ok, I got the point that it will not work with a direct USB connection between MPC and an iPad. It would just be the easiest way to transmit midi and audio signals via USB.

USB Midi class compliance since V2.8. Now with V2.10 the audio class compliance arrived.

If the MPC is a limited DAW in the box it simply bothered me that I cant go in with digital audio. Now thanks Akai its possible since V2.10. The iPad generates digital audio and the MPC as well. To exchange audio signals I had to send them through ADCs / DACs. That was horrible. Now since 2.10. I have to connect a class compliant interface to the iPad and a class compliant interface to the MPC to exchange digital audio and midi. Don‘t get me wrong…I‘m very happy that its now possible at least. In my case I have to go for a second UMC1820 to connect both devices via adat…

Everything could be so easy but it is not…
By idk973 Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:41 pm
iLLadelphian wrote:Is the only supported sample rate for the MPC 44.1 when using it with one of these audio interfaces?

It seems, my fantom wich is in 48 kHz doesn't work
By revd Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:00 am
stewes wrote:Another question what happens...
Does anybody already connected directly an iPad to the MPC (FW 2.10)? Maybe with CC-Kit? Or a newer iPad with USB-C ? If this would be recognised that would be my dream...!!!

I've connected my iPad to my Force. Actually found it easier to use MIDI over Bluetooth - which I only found out after buying a USB dock (mines got USB-C so my old over-priced CCK didnt work - must get that ebayed! If you need one let me know :-) ). Need an audio cable out of the iPad and into the inputs of your MPC

Sorry don't know if your MPC has Bluetooth, but if it does connect it in the settings then head to the midi settings to configure it. I found it a little fiddly to get the right settings but I am a newb.

I guess having class compliance and doing this all over USB will be cleaner
By sachizm Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:39 am
1-8-8-1 wrote:Behringer X32 compact, (with Klark Teknik DN-32 LIVE card)

Tested working with 32 in and 32 out available.

(FYI this card is a clone of the Behringer branded live recording card for the x32 - Klark Teknik is a Behringer brand)

This setup allows live recording and playback of all 32 tracks to two CF cards in the back of the mixer.
Completely stand-alone, no DAW, continuous recording time limited by the total size of the two CF cards combined. (i.e. very long).

recordings can be pre EQ, fader etc. or can be tapped from anywhere.

Have you tried recording back into the MPC? I have an X-32 and MPC Live. It reads fine but when I multitrack record external synths back into the mpc the recording has crackles and pops on it.
By Selahl Tapes Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:34 pm
Fully testing a Audient ID14 MK1 this evening, so far it’s recognised by the MPC and playing back with inputs available. Doinkkkkkkkkk....
By Certified Beatz Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:57 pm
Downloaded and installed but not launched yet like a true geek.. OC my PC first and then individual launching all my apps for cache .. but anyway back to the post why can't we just use the mpc audio card over usb to get 16/32 in standalone to a daw with you rme or motu? To use really be dawless but real-time studio approach.. I haven't tried yet but from what I read not possible..
By White Solar Dog Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:01 pm
1-8-8-1 wrote:Roland TR-8

this doesn't work, 96kHz sample rate not supported

but can't you change the sample rate on the TR8? I'm looking to but an mpc live just for this feature with the TR8...
By SakisX Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:46 pm
stewes wrote:....Now since 2.10. I have to connect a class compliant interface to the iPad and a class compliant interface to the MPC to exchange digital audio and midi. Don‘t get me wrong…I‘m very happy that its now possible at least. In my case I have to go for a second UMC1820 to connect both devices via adat…
Everything could be so easy but it is not…

It seems now it's possible to try an iConnect Audio device (but they are expensive).
A user in Audiobus form claims iConnect Audio 4+ works ,in case you are interested
By stewes Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:11 pm
Hey cool, thank you, thats an important info…so I can at least route one stereo signal via audio pass through…
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:45 am
EnochLight wrote:The video she posted yesterday shows iPad not only being controlled via MIDI with an MPC Live 2 over USB, it also shows the MPC Live 2 acting as active monitors with its built-in speaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7WpLq8fd8

Just to follow up on this (MPC Live as a MIDI controller using only USB), here's a video from over a year ago where someone is using the MPC Live 2 to control Melodics. Again, MPC must be in controller mode, 'looking for computer', as per the video posted earlier in this topic).

So yes, this USB MIDI connection is possible but it has been for some time, and has nothing to do with the 2.10 update. Outputting the iPad through the speakers is new though (I assume).
By SakisX Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:41 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
EnochLight wrote:The video she posted yesterday shows iPad not only being controlled via MIDI with an MPC Live 2 over USB, it also shows the MPC Live 2 acting as active monitors with its built-in speaker:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x7WpLq8fd8

Just to follow up on this (MPC Live as a MIDI controller using only USB), here's a video from over a year ago where someone is using the MPC Live 2 to control Melodics. Again, MPC must be in controller mode, 'looking for computer', as per the video posted earlier in this topic).

So yes, this USB MIDI connection is possible but it has been for some time, and has nothing to do with the 2.10 update. Outputting the iPad through the speakers is new though (I assume).

No, on controller mode MPC was always a generic usb audio/midi interface (nothing new :) )
By Hoekschop Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:55 pm
This is confusing. As far I can remember, MIDI over USB has been possible in Standalone. I've used my Live mk1 to control an el cheapo Casio keyboard via USB as a sound module. However connecting my Live to my iPad via a Camera connector has never worked. Luckily MIDI over bluetooth does work to use the iPad as a soundmodule for my MPC.