MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:22 am
Certified Beatz wrote:So why does it say internal for with up to 32 outputs? Is this something coming soon with the internal audio card?

That's just to enable up to 32 I/O for attached USB interfaces, I assume it requires a lot more CPU to handle 32 so you should only enable it if you have an interface that supports it.
By 83dude Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm
Also, in Controller mode while used as plugin MPC Software/Beats is usable as virtual 32-output-plugin. Probably that‘s why…
By Jtpack Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:23 pm
Roland Studio-Capture working with my MPC Live 2. With 32 in/out mode enabled on the MPC, it can access all 16 of the Studio-Capture’s inputs. All 8 outputs working. The Studio-Capture’s midi in and out ports are working as well. In a week of heavy testing, I have not encountered any errors or heard any audio glitches.
By nori Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:54 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I recently purchased an Arturia Audiofuse Studio, primarily for my computer environment, but I'll try to give this a good standalone MPC testing next week.

Thanks for the previous reply about it working in controller mode.

Any chance you have had time to test your setup in standalone mode?
By misterflibble Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Do we have a set of 'generally confirmed by lots of people, no problems at all' interfaces/mixers? If so, please list them and I'll add them to the first post on the main topic. After scrubbing through, does this seem okay?

Tascam model 12/16/24 (someone claimed the 24 is problematic, but IMO this doesn't make much sense if the 16 is fine)
Behringer UMC series
presonus studiolive 16.0.2 usb
RME Babyface Pro FS
Zoom L12
iConnectivity iConnect4+

Anecdotally, that looks about right. Might want to xref that against the thread I have going on Reddit. I kinda wish the responses on this forum had been organized in this manner with the questions I asked to be answered in the post, but it is what it is. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/mpcusers/comme ... _force_31/
By misterflibble Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:55 pm
cesarsjogren wrote:I've had the model 12 for almost a month and there are some digital artifacts (pops) when I record my synths as either an audio track or in the looper. Sucks because even though I really wanted more ins/outs, I settled for the model 12 because I was certain this would be the sure thing. Mixing and EQ can be set to post fader which was another huuuge plus but alas...

So anyway it "works" but with recording back into the Live being an issue, I'm gonna return this unfortunately.

I have gone through this thread many times and I see the word 'flawless' used a few times but I don't see enough ppl specifically say that it records back in with zero artifacts whatsoever. I wanted this to work but I think Im gonna just go with my analog connections

Aw man, now this is some shit, because the Model 12 is the one that Akai is using in the feature demos if I'm not mistaken. You'd figure if they tested anything, it would have been the mixer they showed in the demo.

And there is no way Akai didn't encounter the click/pop issue unless they literally didn't test recording at all. I got clicks and pops within the first twenty seconds of attempting to record from my XR18 on both my Force and my MPC Live.

Come on, Akai - put out something public-facing on this issue so that we know that you're aware of it and are doing something about it.
By misterflibble Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:07 pm
Jtpack wrote:Roland Studio-Capture working with my MPC Live 2. With 32 in/out mode enabled on the MPC, it can access all 16 of the Studio-Capture’s inputs. All 8 outputs working. The Studio-Capture’s midi in and out ports are working as well. In a week of heavy testing, I have not encountered any errors or heard any audio glitches.

@Jtpack are you saying that you've had no issues with errors or audio glitches with both recording and playback? Sorry to ask to be so specific but we've had a lot of confusion on this issue and you didn't specify if your testing included making recordings into the MPC. Thanks in advance.
By Kryz Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:08 am
I've sent a mail to akai costumer service asking what interfaces are compatibles with this feature.

In short words they told me any audio usb class should work, but they don't recommend any but an Alesis Mixer.

I see in the bottom of the mail that Alesis is part of InMusic......

This is the reply of them:

Thank you for your email.

There are no specific recommendations we would make for Audio interface choices when looking to pair this with the MPC One.

Any class-compliant Audio interface will be compatible alongside the unit, however with most other brands I couldn’t guarantee complete functionality.

I would suggest possibly having a look through some of the Alesis range for mixers.

I apologise we couldn’t be of more help with this but If you do have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
By Jtpack Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:01 pm
misterflibble wrote:
Jtpack wrote:Roland Studio-Capture working with my MPC Live 2. With 32 in/out mode enabled on the MPC, it can access all 16 of the Studio-Capture’s inputs. All 8 outputs working. The Studio-Capture’s midi in and out ports are working as well. In a week of heavy testing, I have not encountered any errors or heard any audio glitches.

@Jtpack are you saying that you've had no issues with errors or audio glitches with both recording and playback? Sorry to ask to be so specific but we've had a lot of confusion on this issue and you didn't specify if your testing included making recordings into the MPC. Thanks in advance.

Correct. No issues, errors or glitches at all, both recording and playing. The Roland Studio-Capture has been rock-solid. This has made my MPC Live 2 now truly the center of my studio.
By mikem Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:02 pm
Hi everybody!

I had to register just to say: I think I found a fix for the input glitches on my Model 16. I downloaded the mixer settings panel, connected my Model 16 to the laptop and upped the buffer size from 256 to 512, then I connected the Model 16 to the MPC. This seems to work fine, I played around with it for a couple of minutes without any pops on the input (Behringer K2 -> Model 16 -> MPC One). Even with a big reverb on the K2 signal no clicks or pops so far, and I had them pretty regularly before. So I think this is worth a try if you have a Tascam device, or maybe this works with others as well. I don't know if this fixes it completely, but it is way, way better than before.

Unfortunately latency is a bit higher, but at least it is usable now.
By misterflibble Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm
mikem wrote:Hi everybody!

I had to register just to say: I think I found a fix for the input glitches on my Model 16. I downloaded the mixer settings panel, connected my Model 16 to the laptop and upped the buffer size from 256 to 512, then I connected the Model 16 to the MPC. This seems to work fine, I played around with it for a couple of minutes without any pops on the input (Behringer K2 -> Model 16 -> MPC One). Even with a big reverb on the K2 signal no clicks or pops so far, and I had them pretty regularly before. So I think this is worth a try if you have a Tascam device, or maybe this works with others as well. I don't know if this fixes it completely, but it is way, way better than before.

Unfortunately latency is a bit higher, but at least it is usable now.

This is really helpful info, thanks for sharing. There has been a long-standing assumption that the clicks and pops we're getting on recording or playback with the MPC USB class-compliant audio interface support has been related to buffer size settings on either the MPC or the audio interface. Unfortunately, the MPC doesn't offer the ability to change the buffer size on the MPC's end, so you're stuck having to have an interface that allows the change on its end like the Tascam. I would hope that if Akai let users configure the buffer size on the MPC that it might allow a larger number of devices to become usable for this rather unstable feature.