MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Just_Pierre Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:52 am
DNova wrote:I can verify my Tascam Model 24 is working fine. It didn’t for hours. And I’d see this error I’ve only seen once on the Tascam about FS…whatever. I created a new song on the Tascam at 16bit 44KHz and it worked fine. I will say the level is HOT so all the clicking whatever people report may very well be clipping. I have not tried routing back to the MPC as my workflow is to mixdown on the Tascam anyway. I will give it a go soon though.

I own a Tascam Model 12 and it's working perfect with my MPC Live II. But how do you route back the audio to the MPC from the Tascam?
By Neurone Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:19 am
Just_Pierre wrote:I own a Tascam Model 12 and it's working perfect with my MPC Live II. But how do you route back the audio to the MPC from the Tascam?

10 second youtube search.
S'easy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYi-silm4Ps#0
By ChristopherD Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:55 pm
When using my
* Audient ID44 as USB compliant audio interface to capture audio input
for my
* MPC-X (running in standalone-mode)
I (also) get samples with sporadic "clips/clicks".

Both units are running on the latest firmware updates available.

Some samples are fine, but any "clip" sound is frustrating enough to simply avoid the setup.

When running the
* MPC in controller-mode
with the
* MacBook (and MPC DAW) in between,
recordings never "clip".

Seems to be some kind of timing/clock/sync issue between the USB audio interface and the MPC.

Would love to throw away the computer and still be able to access the digital channels on my favorite audio interface.
By Kcearl Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:18 pm
Ive had a gen 2 focusrite 18i20 working great, multitrack recording and playback. My gen 3 18i8 seems to work too but I havent multitracked or tested midi.

Bought a Motu M4 for the One retro but its not perfect, Im getting strange digital artifacts on playback intermittently, strangely it does seem to record these so I can live with it but Ive tried changing anything I can in the motus setting but it doesnt clear it. Strange that two users have said they have no issues with it….same issue on my MPC Live too, havent tested with the Force (its fine on a win 10 PC)
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:13 pm
1-8-8-1 wrote:Behringer X32 compact, (with Klark Teknik DN-32 LIVE card)

Tested working with 32 in and 32 out available.

(FYI this card is a clone of the Behringer branded live recording card for the x32 - Klark Teknik is a Behringer brand)

This setup allows live recording and playback of all 32 tracks to two CF cards in the back of the mixer.
Completely stand-alone, no DAW, continuous recording time limited by the total size of the two CF cards combined. (i.e. very long).

recordings can be pre EQ, fader etc. or can be tapped from anywhere.

Are you having an entirely click / pop free recording experience with your Behringer? I tried recording into the Akai Force last night using my XR18 and it had crackles and pops on the recording.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:23 pm
sachizm wrote:
1-8-8-1 wrote:Behringer X32 compact, (with Klark Teknik DN-32 LIVE card)

Tested working with 32 in and 32 out available.

(FYI this card is a clone of the Behringer branded live recording card for the x32 - Klark Teknik is a Behringer brand)

This setup allows live recording and playback of all 32 tracks to two CF cards in the back of the mixer.
Completely stand-alone, no DAW, continuous recording time limited by the total size of the two CF cards combined. (i.e. very long).

recordings can be pre EQ, fader etc. or can be tapped from anywhere.

Have you tried recording back into the MPC? I have an X-32 and MPC Live. It reads fine but when I multitrack record external synths back into the mpc the recording has crackles and pops on it.

Glad to see you reporting this. I wonder how many people are actually recording versus just confirming that the levels are bouncing. I have clicks and pops when recording to the Force with my Behringer XR18, but no audio artifacts when simply using the XR18 for playing audio out of the MPC. I can’t imagine Behringer using a wide variety of components or firmware differences with their USB compliant interfaces, since common components would reduce cost and complexity on their end. I suppose it’s possible but it seems unlikely.
Last edited by misterflibble on Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:37 pm
Monotremata wrote:Behringer UMC1820 arrived today and working just great! So far everything just works out of the box. No crackles, pops, glitches, anything. Don't have any ADAT box hooked up yet but should be nice and easy like the rest. Looks like the MPC follows the output numbering scheme printed on the back so should be no problem figuring out where the ADAT is once I get another one hehe. Now to figure out where the hell Im gonna put this thing!

Did you record into the MPC or just confirm that you could hear audio coming out of the MPC through your mixer? All my crackle and pop issues on my Force with my XR18 are when I record. Playback through the mixer is fine.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:47 pm
StratfordJohn wrote:Hi, I’m on the verge of buying into the Mpc world, it all looks so good now. Could someone’s tell me though, can the mpc with 2.10 have and external audio interface as an input, but the mpc internal as an output?

I want to connect a Roland mc-101 which is class compliant now directly via usb, input the sounds, but output from the mpc.

Possible or not? Maschine+ can’t do it, you can mix and match external/internal interfaces.

Thanks.

It doesn’t work this way. When you configure the MPC’s audio interface, you can select EITHER the internal audio interface OR the external audio interface connected over USB. You can’t use both the internal and external interfaces at the same time. Even the MPC’s headphone jack will stop working when you select an external device for the audio interface - you have to monitor on the external interface too.
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:48 pm
retro wrote:FWIW,

I can confirm the Presonus 1818VSL works without issue. I've been using it since the update and have had none of the common issues mentioned in this thread. 8 i/o and midi work without issue. I have not tested the digital i/o, but will eventually test and post my results here.

It has been rock solid, and makes moving from PC to Standalone easy. I've been running a few synths and other devices through this interface in standalone mode. Works like it should. For those looking for something stable, with a lot a i/o, this might be a good choice.

Did you record into the MPC from your 1818VSL? Did you get any crackles or pops?
By misterflibble Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:53 pm
mrmarbury wrote:I have an X32 as well. Can confirm that it gets recognised and is usable for playback. It's unusable for recording though. Even recording just one mono channel will add crackles to the recording as if the Samples setting is too low. Sample rate is at 44.1. The problem disappears in Controller-mode. But using the MPC X in controller mode defeats the purpose of the device for me and I can also go back to Ableton that I ditched for the MPC. My job involves pushing.a mouse all day so I can do without after leaving work. If there is an X32 owner that has no crackles in a recording, can she or he please help me figure this out? Thanks very much :)

P.S. Already tried: different cables, other USB slots, Hub and no Hub, other card configuration (32in is a must though). disabling wifi on the mpc

Thank you for taking the time to confirm that there is recording-related issue on the Behringer X32. The forum user named 1-8-8-1 is saying that they’re not having any issues though, so curious to see how this pans out since my XR18 works great for routing audio out of the Force for playback but crackles and pops right away when recording.