MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrrafs Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:25 am
V 2.10
TC Helicon Blender : Error
iPad (with cck): unrecognised
Behringer umc1820: recognised!

I suspect it’s using the same Linux usb class compliance drivers as the Maschine+ So the xair behringer mixers should work as well?

Add which devices you have tested?
By Hoekschop Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:07 am
Allen & Heath ZEDi-10 works as expected. The only snag is that the output defaults to channels 1-2 which don't work when you plug into Stereo input 2. This means that you lose one stereo input on the mixer. But this is down to a weird design choice of A&H.

Still very happy with the usb class compliance and all other features in the new firmware.
By 1-8-8-1 Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:21 am
Behringer X32 compact, (with Klark Teknik DN-32 LIVE card)

Tested working with 32 in and 32 out available.

(FYI this card is a clone of the Behringer branded live recording card for the x32 - Klark Teknik is a Behringer brand)

This setup allows live recording and playback of all 32 tracks to two CF cards in the back of the mixer.
Completely stand-alone, no DAW, continuous recording time limited by the total size of the two CF cards combined. (i.e. very long).

recordings can be pre EQ, fader etc. or can be tapped from anywhere.
By kaydigi Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:09 pm
1-8-8-1 wrote:Behringer X32 compact, (with Klark Teknik DN-32 LIVE card)

(FYI this card is a clone of the Behringer branded live recording card for the x32 - Klark Teknik is a Behringer brand)

This setup allows live recording and playback of all 32 tracks to two CF cards in the back of the mixer.
Completely stand-alone, no DAW, continuous recording time limited by the total size of the two CF cards combined. (i.e. very long).

That’s nuts
By Monotremata Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:20 pm
mrrafs wrote:V 2.10
Behringer umc1820: recognised!

This is one of the first interfaces I looked at yesterday but couldn't find any mention of class compliance or not. Do the ADAT channels show up when you use it this way too??
By 1-8-8-1 Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:08 pm
kaydigi wrote:

That’s nuts

It opens up a lot of possibilities....here is one i just though of.

(I haven't tested this yet) - but, you have 8 audio tracks on the MPC, so you could set the inputs and outputs of these to be routed to the sub-groups and aux send / returns of the x32.

Using the insert effects in the audio tracks, this turns the MPC into an 8 stereo channel in, 8 channel stereo out multi-fx unit!

I have tried sending a drum loop out to the desk via USB and recording the return audio (via USB again) using the looper. The latency was next to nothing so I think should will work fine.
By 1-8-8-1 Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:37 pm

update on the x32

the USB midi connection works simultaneously.

you can record and play back the motorised faders, mutes and pans on the MPC
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:28 pm
MPC One, v 2.10.0:
- Steinberg UR22 Mk II : works OK
- Steinberg UR44 : works and with multiple outs and all, but I'm getting unclipped DIGITAL OVERS from loud samples or even the metronome. The same interface works fine with Mac and Windows.

It's easy to replicate the digital overs. Create an empty project, turn on the metronome, choose the metro click or hand claps sound, and turn the click volume all the way up to +6 dB. On every ONE, it makes a horrible screetching digital over-maximum sound. With the UR22 Mk II or the MPC's internal audio, there's no problem.

Is anyone else having the same problem?
By MPC_REX Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:23 pm
FYI - The Presonus StudioLive 64S mixer is recognized, but when it is selected an error message pops up on the MPC: "Could not get PCM hardware configuration from device. Code -22"
By Certified Beatz Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:58 am
I have not downloaded yet I did log into my account today to see if it was available it was taking awhile to populate my info.. im just wondering how this will work recording into your daw such as cubase .. I have motu products but my mixer is mackie mcu pro with 2 8 channel extenders ..
By PhatBob Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:51 am
I can't get it work with my MOTU Ultralite AVB. MIDI ports show up and are working seamlessly.
As soon as I plug the MOTU, previously set to 41k, it automatically switches to 192k. So they're talking to each others. Actually I had the same thing with 2.9.1
Any ideas or experiences with MOTU HW?
By PhatBob Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:52 am
A quick update on MOTU product (Ultralite AVB at leat).
The interface shows up as audio!. Good point. Analog and ADAT Channels outs are there.
But when I play though whatever chanel, the sound is clear for lest's say 5 sec, then it slowly disappears in a "bit reducing" way.... More over the selection of the OUTs are not consistent at all, they change without any sense. I have to figure out what is happening, but it seems to be related to sample rate clock issues.
On the other hand, when the MOTU is plugged directly to the MPC, and when the MPC is connected to the computer in standalone mode, both interfaces show up in Audio MIDI Setup in OSX. I can even aggregate both interfaces and turn ou the config to propose 18+6 OUTs and 16+2 INs.
I need to find out a bit more.. But it is definitely not P&P for MOTU HW