MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpace Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 pm
roecityryder wrote:I just installed the upgrade and now it's crashing both daws that I use. I tried Logic Pro and Studio One and it crashes on both. It won't load as a vst and it looses midi connection as well. Anyone else having this issue?

confirm the crashes and chaotic Midi triggers leading to resets and more fun stuff!!
By mpace Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:41 am
mpace wrote:- Not being able to preview pad sensitivity- pads shut down
- Not being able to send MIDI OUT Messsages through Virtual MIDI Ports (MPC LIVE II PUBLIC OUT) to MIDI capable software on MAC while in Software Mode!
- drag/copy notes using option/alt and mouse used to exist- why has it been removed? Please add optional setting
- if you change shortcuts, make them customizable key shortcuts
- resets Presets on external Analog Gear soon as you hit record on ANY track
- Rec Arm stays on last track. You have to manually arm new track or you overdub old one.
- Erratic Note On Messages causing an endless loop of whatever notes were last triggered - through REGULAR MIDI OUT PORTS -- To UNITOR AMT8--Loop can only be stopped by switching outputs. Not even Unitor Panic Switch can turn it off

Edit last point: The weird MIDI messages happen when I go into a Unitor Port to whatever MIDI capable software on my Mac. I only do this to workaround because the MPC is not sending MIDI via the Virtual Ports, which I'm kinda sure it did on my X before I sold it? Correct me if I#m wrong!

- Regular MIDI messages are being sent fine, even Chord mode. Once I arm and record a track (could even be a drum pgm) it resets whatever was set on the Analog Device (if digital parameter of course, Fantom X in this case), even after disarming the MIDI track.

- Even without virtual ports the MPC4000 was able to send all kinds of complex MIDI stuff to the UNITOR and sequence whatever software on my Mac. Really feels like a different device now or like I'm hallucinating.
By Mike Boogie Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:07 am
Fun little bug for my OG Silver MPC Studio Users to try:

Pad Perform/Pad Assign is showing two different thing in the MPC software and on the display of the MPC Studio.

Create a Plugin, keep your eye on the pad perform in the main window of the MPC software. Hit Pad Assign on the MPC Studio and change the Scale setting.
It is one click off displaying the wrong scale type on the display vs what is showing in the software

Not life changing but annoying nonetheless for people that work from the MPC Studio Display
By acura Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:25 am
Mike Boogie wrote:Fun little bug for my OG Silver MPC Studio Users to try:

Pad Perform/Pad Assign is showing two different thing in the MPC software and on the display of the MPC Studio.

Create a Plugin, keep your eye on the pad perform in the main window of the MPC software. Hit Pad Assign on the MPC Studio and change the Scale setting.
It is one click off displaying the wrong scale type on the display vs what is showing in the software

Not life changing but annoying nonetheless for people that work from the MPC Studio Display

That's happening on my Renaissance as well. Like you said, not life changing but still annoying...

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) btw.
By Mike Boogie Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:47 pm
acura wrote:
Mike Boogie wrote:Fun little bug for my OG Silver MPC Studio Users to try:

That's happening on my Renaissance as well. Like you said, not life changing but still annoying...

I'm on MacOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) btw.

On Windows 10 here. Funny how these little bugs persist no matter the OS.
By mumkai Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:44 pm
Not sure if this has been discussed. Tried searching around and havent found my problem.

On MPC ONE - in main screen its not allowing me to switch pad banks. I hit bank B and it just say on the touch screen Bank A. For all banks from B-H pressing or double pressing the button just stays on Bank A. I can get to the other banks in BROWSE sction but once I go back to the main screen its just stuck on pad banks A.

Still learning the machine so not sure if this a bug or if Im missing something. I'll try to upload a vid of this.

EDIT - I'm an idiot, I had 16 levels ON lol. Once it was off I could navigate the banks fine. Still pretty sure they allowed to swap pad banks with 16 levels on in 2.9? Anyway disregard my ignorance lol. :Sigh:
By KWERTCHA Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:56 pm
Monotremata wrote:Makes it nice and easy for playing in key but its starting to irritate me, I like chromatic dissonant notes that make no sense! I haven't used any of my outboard MIDI gear with the new update yet, but Im assuming it puts MIDI tracks into Pad Perform mode now too by default.

How I'm hating this, it really sucks!
It just destroyed half of the playability coming from the Pad Perform
Also.. why still calling something chromatic when is not???!!!?
I.E. with 2.10 if ''chromatic chords'' is selected any chord of any key can be played as it used to be, but JUST within a specific mode or scale!! This is just makes no sense..
I've noticed that selecting ''Chromatic'' mode is a way to keep hands on the chromatic scale while having just the selected scale highlighted on screen and pads, but it' not the same thing.. pads are not a keyboard where notes have fixed positions so a visual reference could be really crucial
I wonder why in the hell getting rid of the chromatic scale??!! whyyyyyyy??!?!?!
It really pissed me off
By 2eviL_cmpiaka_A_404-PS_dnaloR Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:50 am
ACRE wrote:i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

yes. in Pad Perform/Notes mode, the high and low octaves illuminate on my pads when a single note plays. I Have only experienced it with bass synths.
By sparky Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:17 pm
Not sure if this has been covered already - I’m noticing that since updating to 2.10 the hardware meter stops responding to tracks after a bit of use, switching between tracks the meter is blank even though it reads the selected program correctly and audio is playing...

Seems to reset on loading a new project or making a new track, haven’t systematically checked yet..

Anyone experiencing this?
By mpace Sun Aug 01, 2021 4:59 pm
mpace wrote:
mpace wrote:- Not being able to preview pad sensitivity- pads shut down
- Not being able to send MIDI OUT Messsages through Virtual MIDI Ports (MPC LIVE II PUBLIC OUT) to MIDI capable software on MAC while in Software Mode!
- drag/copy notes using option/alt and mouse used to exist- why has it been removed? Please add optional setting
- if you change shortcuts, make them customizable key shortcuts
- resets Presets on external Analog Gear soon as you hit record on ANY track
- Rec Arm stays on last track. You have to manually arm new track or you overdub old one.
- Erratic Note On Messages causing an endless loop of whatever notes were last triggered - through REGULAR MIDI OUT PORTS -- To UNITOR AMT8--Loop can only be stopped by switching outputs. Not even Unitor Panic Switch can turn it off

Edit last point: The weird MIDI messages happen when I go into a Unitor Port to whatever MIDI capable software on my Mac. I only do this to workaround because the MPC is not sending MIDI via the Virtual Ports, which I'm kinda sure it did on my X before I sold it? Correct me if I#m wrong!

- Regular MIDI messages are being sent fine, even Chord mode. Once I arm and record a track (could even be a drum pgm) it resets whatever was set on the Analog Device (if digital parameter of course, Fantom X in this case), even after disarming the MIDI track.

- Even without virtual ports the MPC4000 was able to send all kinds of complex MIDI stuff to the UNITOR and sequence whatever software on my Mac. Really feels like a different device now or like I'm hallucinating.

It seems that with every 2-3 restarts of the unit (even without restarting the MAC), it behaves differently. most of the bugs listed are still there. Some seem to disappear and reappear again after restart. Especially with the Unitor I see it recognizing sometimes 1,2 or 4 OUT channels while displaying all 8!! INPUTS fine all the time.

I also feel that having the live plugged in or on battery mode, has an influence on the MIDI/USB internal system environment. People are reporting problems with thier powered hubs (same here).

The Bugs reported either have problems implementing MIDI or weird behavior at cross points with any of the new features. Multi-Midi etc. Resetting a system apparently doesn't solve it for everyone.

---Looks like they simply threw new functions in without throughly beta testing. Which is nothing new to AKAI and everyone else. Still, like most people here I use it as centerpiece for everything. Being one of the most random devices in my system is a bummer in the long run. Shiny new stuff vs instablity could be crucial for something like MPCENTER.

PS: I didn't get an answer yet concerning my post viewtopic.php?f=48&t=211695

If I really repeating a bug I apoligize! But I have not found any one using this MPC LIVE 2 PUBLIC OUT Port or saying anything about virtual midi through something like the Unitor or some workaround to simply sequence MIDI controlling a software from pads and recorded MIDI in the MPC SOFTWARE.

Anyway, I get the critcism of having to read through all this not being able to track specific bug stati, but I get that MPC tutor is not their bug collectah too!! So one love to y'all for doing this here!! Pace
By mpace Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:09 pm
KWERTCHA wrote:
Monotremata wrote:Makes it nice and easy for playing in key but its starting to irritate me, I like chromatic dissonant notes that make no sense! I haven't used any of my outboard MIDI gear with the new update yet, but Im assuming it puts MIDI tracks into Pad Perform mode now too by default.

How I'm hating this, it really sucks!
It just destroyed half of the playability coming from the Pad Perform
Also.. why still calling something chromatic when is not???!!!?
I.E. with 2.10 if ''chromatic chords'' is selected any chord of any key can be played as it used to be, but JUST within a specific mode or scale!! This is just makes no sense..
I've noticed that selecting ''Chromatic'' mode is a way to keep hands on the chromatic scale while having just the selected scale highlighted on screen and pads, but it' not the same thing.. pads are not a keyboard where notes have fixed positions so a visual reference could be really crucial
I wonder why in the hell getting rid of the chromatic scale??!! whyyyyyyy??!?!?!
It really pissed me off

Was super turned off as well. I can see why they did it though and in a way. having the octave light up on a 16pad is kinda useful because of the position changes when transposing. BUT having the damn octaves light up when PLAYING BACK???? makes no damn sense at all. Try to recreate what you just played with the whole grid on las vegas modes!!;))) PLAYBACK is to ONLY SEE what you just put in!!!!

Also, if you go that way. Make it customizable!! like the damn key shortcuts, and for the Octave thing introduce the 3rd and th 5th lighting up in different colors too. That would actually be a useful upgrade to imo.
By SOULMAN Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:48 pm
Hello everyone
I noticed that when you edit a sample
return you to the main screen

the qlink information changes ... the screen control displays totally different information???!!

after return in main mode ( screen control) qlink

Where is my strength function ???!!!!

By sxrgwrld Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 am
Switched on my MPC One today to find that Play Start wasn't working. It would only operate as a regular play button, but once the track was playing it would become useless, it wouldn't go back to the start when pressed. Also, I never got a count-in while recording. The metronome was set to "Record + Play" and the Count-in was set to "Record." Track was armed, but I got no count in.

If anyone knows of a fix please help!
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:40 am
Does it go back to normal if you reboot the MPC?

IMO, the MPC should store the complete chain of button presses and actions performed and offer a way to send a full memory dump to Akai, because apparently there are lots of freak bugs all over. I have met so many weird situations which eventually went away and I couldn't reproduce. For example, I once managed to make a project where output 1-2 was completely dead, no signal meters etc., and this was saved into the project. I tracked the problem to an Air Vocal Harmonizer on a submix - when that plugin was enabled and the submix routed to output 1-2, no output. I changed routings, plugins etc. and suddenly the situation went away, and didn't come on again even when loading back the project.
By Mr.MusicMadness Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:57 am
All this is great data on this issues happening, in the meantime does Akai offer any access to the previous firmware version 2.9 or does anyone know where or how to find it.