MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By foxes Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:44 pm
foxes wrote:Hi Guys,

I downloaded and installed update MPC V2.10.0.82 and I have been using MPC V2.9.1.4 with no issues on OS High Sierra 10.13.6. (I also have MPC Beats v2.8.3 installed as well)
After installation I’m only able to boot up MPC 2 in standalone.
Even though the AU (component), the VST and the AAX are in their correct folders I am unable to use it as a plug-in.
In Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (AU), MPC 2 does not show at all in the but MPC beats shows up fine.
In both Propellerhead Reason 10.4.1 and Reason Suite 11.3.9 (VST), trying to load MPC 2 gives me a message “Failed to open file” but again MPC Beats opens fine.
And in Pro Tools 2021.6 it causes Pro Tools to hang during the plug-ins scan and I have to ‘force quit’ PT then remove the MPC 2 AAX file from the PT plugin folder in order to boot up PT. And again MPC beats loads fine in Pro Tools.
I running OS Mojave 10.14.6
There definitely seems to be something wrong with AU, VST and AAX components on MPC 2.10.0.82
Is this a known issue or something else?

Thanks

The quote above is my post here on this thread and also what I sent to Akai support.
Below is the answer I got back from them:

Thank you for your support request, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your MPC software.

Firstly I try completely removing the MPC 2 software including plugin files from your computer and performing a fresh install using the file in the link below.

MPC 2.10 (Mac)

If this does not resolve your issue could you please try installing the previous version of MPC 2 to see if this restores functionality for you.

​zip icon MPC 2.9.1 (Mac)

If you could please try the above and advise on the results, with this information we will be able to assist you further.

I haven't tried what he has said as yet due to time restraints, but checking the V2.10 MPC file he has asked to me to download, it is exactly same file as I originally installed 2.10 with (same specific version with the same 'created' and 'modified' date as the original I have), I'm wondering is it worth all the deleting and re-installing as I feel I will get the same issues that some many of us on here are suffering?

I replied to him stating that the plugin issue is happening to everyone too (Windows & Mac OS) and sending him a link to this thread. It is definitely a bug with AAX, AU & VST plug-in components in this version.

Hopefully Akai will see this and get a fix quickly.
By mpace Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:49 pm
foxes wrote:
foxes wrote:Hi Guys,

I downloaded and installed update MPC V2.10.0.82 and I have been using MPC V2.9.1.4 with no issues on OS High Sierra 10.13.6. (I also have MPC Beats v2.8.3 installed as well)
After installation I’m only able to boot up MPC 2 in standalone.
Even though the AU (component), the VST and the AAX are in their correct folders I am unable to use it as a plug-in.
In Logic Pro X 10.5.1 (AU), MPC 2 does not show at all in the but MPC beats shows up fine.
In both Propellerhead Reason 10.4.1 and Reason Suite 11.3.9 (VST), trying to load MPC 2 gives me a message “Failed to open file” but again MPC Beats opens fine.
And in Pro Tools 2021.6 it causes Pro Tools to hang during the plug-ins scan and I have to ‘force quit’ PT then remove the MPC 2 AAX file from the PT plugin folder in order to boot up PT. And again MPC beats loads fine in Pro Tools.
I running OS Mojave 10.14.6
There definitely seems to be something wrong with AU, VST and AAX components on MPC 2.10.0.82
Is this a known issue or something else?

Thanks

The quote above is my post here on this thread and also what I sent to Akai support.
Below is the answer I got back from them:

Thank you for your support request, I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your MPC software.

Firstly I try completely removing the MPC 2 software including plugin files from your computer and performing a fresh install using the file in the link below.

MPC 2.10 (Mac)

If this does not resolve your issue could you please try installing the previous version of MPC 2 to see if this restores functionality for you.

​zip icon MPC 2.9.1 (Mac)

If you could please try the above and advise on the results, with this information we will be able to assist you further.

I haven't tried what he has said as yet due to time restraints, but checking the V2.10 MPC file he has asked to me to download, it is exactly same file as I originally installed 2.10 with (same specific version with the same 'created' and 'modified' date as the original I have), I'm wondering is it worth all the deleting and re-installing as I feel I will get the same issues that some many of us on here are suffering?

I replied to him stating that the plugin issue is happening to everyone too (Windows & Mac OS) and sending him a link to this thread. It is definitely a bug with AAX, AU & VST plug-in components in this version.

Hopefully Akai will see this and get a fix quickly.

Dude...not worth it ----3.5 is when it will work.... and better not upgrade then;)))

Just installed a new bought Live 2 with fresh everything in 2.9 even fresh Mojave install because I thought I was hallucinating. Returned the unit after a few days of troubleshooting with customer support.

Support is actually nice and supportive!!! But they are no software developers. The problem is AKAI saving on software testing and trying to be competitve instead of reliable.

Support sent me old versions (2.8) factory content etc. They day I tried the new unit 2.10 came out, some bugs gone but a ton of other bugs.

The M1 thing coming up is causing a lot of problems with updates with many companies. Sonarworks is another example.

but in AKAIs case this happens every year.

So as usual, wait a few versions until you can actually use you're unit!

Bought my X in 2017 and in 2019-20 it was actually enjoyable for what was advertised for some time until some new untested update comes out and screws up your system. 2021 they drop live 2 and ONE and devalue the X from 1300 to 950 second hand just by putting all the stuff you bought the X for in their cheapest unit.

Will never drop my MPCs though but that's Roger Linn's achievement. I am addicted to that workflow. Inmusicbrands did a lot for AKAI and us, but I would like them to really appreciate the fact that this is supposed to be the most reliable unit in your system.

My 4000 was the sturdiest thing I ever had. They used to be tanks back then.

Go with time, be competitve. Allgood. But being reliable is why people will always by Rolexes!!

AKAI should be up there as brand!! And we should keep them in check for that and not be their cheap beta testers and get hated on for not reading through 20 pages of bug posts.

I'm just sayin AKAI...you know I love ya!!
By mistastench Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:08 am
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Same. I can load 2 programs ok, then on the third it rests and does the 'Your MPC recovered from an internal error'. Never did that before. Am i going to have to re-make hundreds of programs now? Likely easier to just revert to v2.9 right?

Edit: Also crashes the software when i try and drag and drop the same programs into it, both with the LIVE as controller, and with it turned completely off. Suppose that means i need to reinstall both the 2.9 software and firmware to go back right?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:43 am
mistastench wrote:
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Same. I can load 2 programs ok, then on the third it rests and does the 'Your MPC recovered from an internal error'. Never did that before. Am i going to have to re-make hundreds of programs now? Likely easier to just revert to v2.9 right?

Edit: Also crashes the software when i try and drag and drop the same programs into it, both with the LIVE as controller, and with it turned completely off. Suppose that means i need to reinstall both the 2.9 software and firmware to go back right?

I have heard other reports about this PGM issue, I've not had a chance to test it myself, I wonder if it's JJOS related, I will investigate it next week. Can you all confirm which OS you are running on your MPC2500?

A workaround would be to install an older MPC software version, drag all your PGMs into a project and save the project to convert them all to XPM format. Then go back to 2.10.
By mistastench Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:50 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
I have heard other reports about this PGM issue, I've not had a chance to test it myself, I wonder if it's JJOS related, I will investigate it next week. Can you all confirm which OS you are running on your MPC2500?

A workaround would be to install an older MPC software version, drag all your PGMs into a project and save the project to convert them all to XPM format. Then go back to 2.10.

Thanks for the reply mate. I'm not using my 2500 anymore - not for a long time now - just still got the programs. I'm pretty sure i had it the JJOS installed on it though.

Good tip on the conversion - will have a crack at that tomoz. Thanks!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:45 am
BTw, I just tried a bunch of PGMs from various legacy samplepacks from my site, I've not experienced any issues yet in the MPC Software. Not tried in standalone - but the previous post seems to suggest this is affecting all environments? I believe all the programs I have tested were created in JJOS1 or free JJOS, plus I just tried a couple of old JJOSXL pgms, no issues.
By sxrgwrld Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:53 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Does it go back to normal if you reboot the MPC?

IMO, the MPC should store the complete chain of button presses and actions performed and offer a way to send a full memory dump to Akai, because apparently there are lots of freak bugs all over. I have met so many weird situations which eventually went away and I couldn't reproduce. For example, I once managed to make a project where output 1-2 was completely dead, no signal meters etc., and this was saved into the project. I tracked the problem to an Air Vocal Harmonizer on a submix - when that plugin was enabled and the submix routed to output 1-2, no output. I changed routings, plugins etc. and suddenly the situation went away, and didn't come on again even when loading back the project.

I tried restarting a couple of times that day and the issue didn't go away :Sigh:
By Jay Zen Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:00 pm
Mesteves77 wrote:I've been having this issue, and even after contacting a few people and see if it was a user error of my own, I have concluded the update has this problem might only be happening on MPC LIVE (I).

After resetting MPC preferences, setting up the whole MIDI port configuration, having the MPC LIVE as a Master sequencer, the rest of the gear as slaves, I can't start external sequencers from the "Play Start" button on the MPC as I did before the update.

This happens to both MIDI Out A straight into an external sequencers (Beatstep pro) and Midi Out B towards my Synth with in built sequencer (SE-02).

I have double checked all the configurations on the external gear, they are set to slaves, and the gear actually responds to midi note messages that come from the MPC (I can play both the synth and Beatstep pro using MPC's pads and the keyboard that is plugged into the MPC's MIDI IN 1).

I have also double checked all MIDI configurations on the MPC Midi/Sync tab: None of the MPC inputs are set to Master (which would be my keyboard) which is only set to "track". And all the outputs (MPC A, MPC B - which corresponds to MIDI out A and MIdi out B), are being Synced and Tracked.

Midi Send is set to Midi Clock, at 30 drop.

I have tried different Track Arming (both Recording, with In, Auto and Merge functions) with no avail.

All this used to work just before the update, so I guess it has something to do with it. The people who have got it working and tried helping me are on the MPC one, and using the same configuration as this people has led me nowhere.

Anyone got the same issue? My MPC is pretty much useless right now, since it is my master clock.

Same here! Sequencing from the outside works, BUT all incoming midi is sent to the active track, globally. Tested my Launchpad Pro (direct usb input), 2 adapters, it just won’t work, regardless of any settings!

As a workaround and to tune already done instruments, I need to mute midi on the sequencer (Drambo iOS, and if I use the Launchpad Pro I need do it as well...)

:(
By jay67jay Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:52 pm
When you use an external controler to manage FX with midi learn
all is working fine untill you add a new fx or change a preset, then the MPC change some target :WTF:
you have to reaffect them one by one :?
sorry for my english
By jay67jay Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:05 pm
and I have CC72 only affected on a mute track that is controling hype env witch is on CC76
no way to fix that
that suck!
By mpace Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:22 am
mpace wrote:- Not being able to preview pad sensitivity- pads shut down
- Not being able to send MIDI OUT Messsages through Virtual MIDI Ports (MPC LIVE II PUBLIC OUT) to MIDI capable software on MAC while in Software Mode!
- drag/copy notes using option/alt and mouse used to exist- why has it been removed? Please add optional setting
- if you change shortcuts, make them customizable key shortcuts
- resets Presets on external Analog Gear soon as you hit record on ANY track
- Rec Arm stays on last track. You have to manually arm new track or you overdub old one.
- Erratic Note On Messages causing an endless loop of whatever notes were last triggered - through REGULAR MIDI OUT PORTS -- To UNITOR AMT8--Loop can only be stopped by switching outputs. Not even Unitor Panic Switch can turn it off

have to edit the drag/copy/mouse thing---my bad-- works fine!!
---my left option key is dead after my last mojave install..no physical damage though as far as i can see...
found mac posts that say its a software thing. If anyone knows about that, would be helpful.
By mistastench Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:30 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:A workaround would be to install an older MPC software version, drag all your PGMs into a project and save the project to convert them all to XPM format. Then go back to 2.10.

:WTF: Just tried to install 2.8 - Got the 'MPC is running, please shut down to continue'. Nothing was running, or plugged in. So, i uninstalled it completely.

Now i get the same error when trying to install it from scratch. And i cannot even install 1.9 - the install fails halfway with an error saying 'Error occurred while trying to replace the existing file: DeleteFile failed; code 5. Access denied.

So now nothing works at all. I should've known better to just leave well enough alone. God dammit.
By Beatless Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:56 pm
Crash after deleting a (Hype) plugin track which was muted by bouncing to track. 4 fx were on it.
By Lightbeam15 Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:31 pm
Since The new 2.10 update I can no longer save a project weither im in standalone or controller mode. I cant even touch the save button without my MPC One Freezing. The MPC One is useless if you can't save a project, Also I'm having problems with my SD Slot, whenever I put a SD card in the MPC One whatever was on the SD card before gets erased before I even touch a button. Can someone please give me advice.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:54 pm
Lightbeam15 wrote:Since The new 2.10 update I can no longer save a project weither im in standalone or controller mode. I cant even touch the save button without my MPC One Freezing. The MPC One is useless if you can't save a project, Also I'm having problems with my SD Slot, whenever I put a SD card in the MPC One whatever was on the SD card before gets erased before I even touch a button. Can someone please give me advice.

MENU > PREFERENCES > RESET PREFERENCES.

Also stop using the SD card. Does this solve it? Could be the card is corrupt.

Otherwise, you'll have to talk to Akai.