MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By SEANKEHIL Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:08 pm
I updated my MPC to the 2.10.1 now my factory content expansions are disappearing and reappearing when ever i go back to the demo and template page than back to wear the factory content expansions are, i did a factory reset but it still continues. how do i fix this issue.
By Mushbeats Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:43 pm
I'm on mpc live 2 retro with 2.10. I was normally playing, plugged on the wall, and the mpc shut down suddenly. Now it doesn't power on anymore and if I try to start it when plugged on the wall the screen start to flick since I unplugged it.
By Williammarsh0 Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:59 am
2.10, Qlink mappings are not being saved with projects. Also midi mapping parameters for inserts on a submix, to an external midi controller, result in said parameter going haywire, as if it's being automated.
By Neuneu8 Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:03 am
It’s a very old bug, I remember it since 2.0
Please make some noise, it needs to be fixed.
It is not possible to write inserts automation with “momentary” qlink parameter on.
There is a workaround tho. You gotta grab and hold the qlink before you apply the “momentary” parameter to it - then it works, but it starts re-recording the automation if you play the beat again with automation “write” on. MPC considers you are still holding the qlink and writing automation even after you release your fingers of it.
By re201 Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:34 pm
I did a preference reset on my hardware Live (mk1) before testing and I can now confirm that the hardware MIDI out port confusion bug is still there in 2.10.1. For example, if I save a project with a track's MIDI out set to MPC A in controller mode and then try to load the same project in standalone mode, that MIDI track's out setting will be grayed out as an unrecognized "MPC Live port 1". I'll have to change the track's out setting to "MPC A" again, which seems totally stupid because both controller and standalone mode now use the same name standard for the hardware MIDI outs (IE: A and B).

This used to work fine but it's been broken since 2.8. Very frustrating for those like me who like to switch often between controller (quite useful for fine-tuning details on a project with the convenience of a bigger computer screen) and standalone mode (for live use).

Am I the only one getting this? Is the bug specific to the Live mk1 ?
By enzyme Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:10 am
SEANKEHIL wrote:I updated my MPC to the 2.10.1 now my factory content expansions are disappearing and reappearing when ever i go back to the demo and template page than back to wear the factory content expansions are, i did a factory reset but it still continues. how do i fix this issue.

I have this exact issue. Akai support have told me to send my unit back for warranty service, but actually, I think this is just a minor bug and will probably reappear. They didn't even mention whether its a bug or not so please report it direct to Akai, if a few people all report the same thing, they have to treat it as a bug.

Workaround is to just load your template direct from the browser, its actually faster that way anyway and the content doesn't disappear.
By MPC-Tutor Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:26 pm
enzyme wrote:
SEANKEHIL wrote:I have this exact issue. Akai support have told me to send my unit back for warranty service, but actually, I think this is just a minor bug and will probably reappear.

I agree, I have seen this many times (factory and third party expansions) but cannot recreate it 'on command', hence difficult to report. I don't think warranty return is going to solve this, it's clearly a software bug.
By billion Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:54 am
Running 2.10.1. Plugged in Yamaha MOX6. The board briefly shows up as an interface but within 30 seconds it comes up with a dialog "Restarting internal device".
By quasi Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Williammarsh0 wrote:2.10, Qlink mappings are not being saved with projects. Also midi mapping parameters for inserts on a submix, to an external midi controller, result in said parameter going haywire, as if it's being automated.

I'm experiencing the same behavior when trying to use an external midi controller. I've experienced this with all inserts not just the ones on the submix.
By Grouphome Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 am
I'm having a couple bugs here, but the most annoying is the fact that I cannot load up my older MPC projects. Loading up old pgm files has become a ......
Hope they will fix this ASAP.
Was in contact with service centre, but all they said was, maybe you should go back to older firmware....

GTFO
By researchintospeed Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:28 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:Muted tracks cut notes in another track used same program.

Yes, had this as well, confused the shizz out of me till I thought “oh another bug…back to 2.9.1.4 again”

Personal preference : I really don’t like the gradient bank identifying overlay that appears at the bottom of the screen when changing banks, this is a real distraction for me when playing live. I’d love to be able to turn it off (but not currently relevant as I’m staying on older os). The implementation seems pretty odd to me, it doesn’t fit with the rest of the UI. I understand the why, I just don’t like the how :)

Stay safe, be kind.
Cx
By enzyme Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:26 pm
Got a weird bug just started happening in a project I'm trying to work on.

I've bounced out some stems and later down the line, gone back to one of the original tracks to use the MIDI it contains. When I assign a new keygroup instrument to it, other tracks start getting muted/unmuted periodically (seems to be 8 bars). I DID originally record with independent track lengths but the stems are all 32 bars long, shouldn't affect anything. No fancy stuff like recorded mutes and such. Can a keygroup even mute a clip track?

Its a complete head scratcher at the moment :hmmm:
By 83dude Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:57 am
enzyme wrote:Got a weird bug just started happening in a project I'm trying to work on.

I've bounced out some stems and later down the line, gone back to one of the original tracks to use the MIDI it contains. When I assign a new keygroup instrument to it, other tracks start getting muted/unmuted periodically (seems to be 8 bars). I DID originally record with independent track lengths but the stems are all 32 bars long, shouldn't affect anything. No fancy stuff like recorded mutes and such. Can a keygroup even mute a clip track?

Its a complete head scratcher at the moment :hmmm:

Do by accident your programs use the same mute groups? Those work globally, so maybe change that. Hope that helps.
By enzyme Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:22 am
Thanks, I'll take a look at mute groups later today. I do think its a bug though, I managed to get it working properly last night by doing a 2xspeed events, really weird though as if I then transpose the notes up, the issue starts happening again.