MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Fred Rated Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:28 pm
Posting for future Googlers after hours of frustration:

If you are trying to export a project from a touchscreen MPC running 2.10 and find that some samples are missing or, if you're using the "Explode Tracks" option, some files contain nothing but silence, check your pad routing.

It seems that if you route an individual pad's output to anything other than "Program," even if the submix goes straight into the same master output as everything else, the export code will not pick it up at all. Does not matter if you enable "Export Returns" or not. Routed pads simply don't exist in its eyes.

Routed tracks continue to function as expected so it seems like somebody forgot a case in their switch statement and the CI suite is missing some pretty important tests.
By jamos Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:58 pm
Re the export of sub mixes, yes! That just bit me hard as we prepare to export our tracks for our EP. I made the mistake of putting the drums through several submixes, so I could do custom processing for each drum group. Oopsies.

This limitation is mentioned in the manual though, so I suspect it's something more than a simple switch statement bug. If it was known by the documentation writer, then it was known by the engineer, and they would probably have done a simple fix if possible.

What's your work around for this?
By Droe33 Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:02 pm
If i take a drum loop, and try to flatten it in program mode a certain amount of pitches up, my mpcs gets and internal error.
Does this happen to anyone else?
I'm on version 2.10 and standalone on the mpcx
By Norman Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 am
Im
using 16 midi channels to control external synths and fx units via midi cc.

if, for example, midi cc 74 is recorded on midi channel 1 and then played back, all other midi cc 74 parameters of all other midi channels are then also affected - the corresponding qlink moves on all channels, but is only played back and has an effect on midi channel 1. if midi cc 74 of another midi channel is then recorded, this is also played back there afterwards, but the qlink displays then slowly start to go crazy and it seems as if many values are no longer played back in sync the more you record.

also, at some point the midi qlink values, labels and assignments are incorrectly displayed, they just sometimes move from one midi channel to the other.

midi channel 1=IN 1/OUT 1, midi channel 2=IN 2/OUT 2 etc. etc. its a dealbreaker for me.
i have tested all settings on the MPC.

is there already a statement from Akai on this? is there anyone who can control several midi devices with the MPC X without any problems, without glitches and in sync? midi on the MPC X in general feels very unstable, is this better with the Akai Force??
By subtraktive Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:28 pm
Hey everyone,

I've got a MPC One and was trying to create a custom midi program for finger drumming.

But sadly in the custom midi mapping screen, when I choose a pad and change the note it should play, it resets all the other midi mappings done on previous pads. So I'll have to redo them again. But even then, at times, some other pads will get reset and it becomes impossible to map all 16 pads.

Not sure if this issue is specific to this version or if this bug exists from the times of MPC Live ???

This is super annoying and completely unexpected on such a complex machine. Even the MPC 500 could do this mapping in no time.

Kindly let me know if anyone has been able to create any custom midi drum program ???
By Wul Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:19 pm
I get instant crash when loading some keygroup programs.
Might be wrong but it only seems to be when the program and the samples are in the same folder along with others, and the loaded keygroup shares the same samples as another already loaded one, and the notice is about to popup telling you that
By handed Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:02 am
I’ve got an odd problem with incoming MIDI CC10 panning Programs and Keygroups hard left in a seemingly irreversible way.

I’ve got a Launchpad Pro Mk3 hooked up to the MPC Live 2. The same thing happens when it’s hooked up to the MPC software with no MPC hardware attached.

When I’m in note mode on the LPP and accidentally press the “Record/Capture MIDI” button (which MIDI monitor says sends Ch1 MIDI CC10), suddenly my entire program becomes panned hard left, and it won't change back. While holding the button down, it’s panned hard right. It happens with Drum and Keygroup programs, not plugins. It happens even if I’m telling the Track to only listen for MIDI channel 2 for example. It's a button, so I can't return the parameter to a central point.

The mysterious thing is that I can’t find any way to return the panning to centre. There’s nothing in the Program, Main Out, Pad, Keygroup etc. levels of the UI/software that I can adjust to return the panning to centre. Visually, every panning parameter appears panned centre. If I add a Mono-Stereo plugin, then then I can hear the mono sound through L and R, but I lose the stereo image.

I’d love some ideas about how to deal with this. Anyone else able to replicate this issue? I really don’t want to have to add MIDI filtering software in between, or an extra controller. The Record/Capture button is right next to Pad 1, so ergonomically it’s a problem.
By Bynoe Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:17 am
Roland SBX1 sync box Midi out port not showing up. I have both an MPC Live and Force and with both the new updates I can’t see the midi out port in the midi sync settings. I have contacted Akai support without any joy and they told me to report it here. I’ve done the reset and tried different cables. Anyone else have a SBX1 sync box that works with the new updates.
By dopeNL Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:40 pm
jamos wrote:Here's a stinker. I have a big project, 6 minute song, 8 tracks of audio and multiple MIDI tracks. I need to insert 6 bars at the beginning.... but when I do so the Do It button lights, the Tap Tempo continues to blink, but the instrument is otherwise unresponsive. I tried waiting about 10 minutes, no joy. Did not happen in earlier versions. Any suggestions? Do I have to wait longer?

You will have to make sure you have a local folder on you computer that contains the same synth & efx downloaded from AKAI with the 2.10.1 update.
You may have added them to your standalone disc, but the software uses local folders and files.

Check out AKAI for the correct folder location on your computers HD

On the mack, Its in application support/Audio/Akai/MPC
something like that :•)

Cheers dopeNL
By dopeNL Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:46 pm
VANVAS wrote:This is happening to me as well since the new update. The Qlink dials get all wonky sometimes in especially in the Protgarm Edit screen.

No way to fix it ? I tried reset preferences but is still there the issue .[/quote]

Jave you guys tried the Q-Link edit mode? And change the Q-Links to screen.

The update pit my Q-Links to program.
And this was caused my issues
By BeatWilson Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:18 pm
I got problems with Qlink's not being saved. It seems the master fx on a qlink is just not saving at all and its a royal pain in the ass
By Olerobson Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:33 pm
Harmdasher wrote:I have multiple bugs:
Older Profects lost their Data,
The Odyssey Sinth does not stop playing even if I hit Stop.
Some Projects are sounding completely different.
If I hit program edit on the new plug-ins I can’t return to the main page when pressing program edit.
The MPC crashed on today’s session twice.
I hope there will be a bug fix soon.

I have a similar issue with Odyssey. I have a song with an Odyssey project, copied it to a sequence and now when I play the sequence the Odyssey sound has changed ( same sound, same setting but the sound is different). I'm updating to 2.10.1 now in the hope that this has been addressed. Thanks
By Olerobson Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:35 pm
Hi,

I copied a song to a sequence. In the song I have a track using the plugin program Odssey and part/patch ‘Saw Wobble’. In the track in my new sequence the LFO speed is broken. If I flip back to the tracks in the original sequence using the same plugin program the Saw Wobble patch is behaving correctly.
I have tried copying the track in the new sequence to a new track with a new plugin and the problem remains. I updated to 2.10.1 (I was on 2.10 before) but the problem remains. Is this a known issue? Any suggestions for a work-around?

Thanks very much for your help..
By enzyme Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:23 pm
Got a weird issue with the touchscreen in grid edit.

Sometimes the selection brace has a ridiculously high amount of lag making it unusable until I have zoomed in a bit on the grid, seems to happen when I am fully zoomed out AND have used the independent length feature for that track, eg. a 2 bar sequence (reduced from 32 bars) that is then made longer again (creating a large unused portion of grid AFTER the actual sequence).

Not sure if the TC resolution setting is relevant, but I did have it set on 1/32, which I don't usually.
By Toney Aux Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:21 pm
Not sure if this is a bug or hardware issue but my volume level sometimes dips randomly as if the knob has been turned down 50% ish.

Sometime a stop/start will return it to its correct level or if i leave it it will come back after a minute or so.

Definitely not an automation thing as this can happen after literally just after turning the machine on and just browsing sounds to load.

It happens also when say I've just chopped a sample, not recorded anything yet, just messing with the newly chopped sample trying to find a sequence.

I happens when playing a beat also. And no automation recorded. Definitely!!

Happens with headphones plugged in and when using internal speaker.

It might happen once or twice in a session and sometimes i can go a few hours with no problem and sometimes it won't happen at all. It's very sporadic.

Also get a few internal error crashes now and then as do many other users.

I've not deleted any internal files and am running 2.10.1 on a Live 2 with and SD in standalone.

Anyone else had this issue?