MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By misterflibble Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:06 pm
kidkeitel wrote:None of my notes are being recorded. This is my SECOND MPCONE RETRO!
First one arrived with buzzing in the headphone out so they sent me a brand new one.
I literally just opened it to update straight out the box, loaded up some beats I had made on the first but couldnt RECORD any new notes. I reset preferences and all that, even tried loading one of the bullshit templates to see if it would work and it did for one pass then stopped.

SMFH

Did you make sure your tracks were armed? I'm not being facetious. I've owned my MPC Live for two years and was stumped the other day when I couldn't record any notes into a track. It turned out I bumped the record arm toggle on the track...
By Monotremata Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:10 pm
misterflibble wrote:Did you make sure your tracks were armed? I'm not being facetious. I've owned my MPC Live for two years and was stumped the other day when I couldn't record any notes into a track. It turned out I bumped the record arm toggle on the track...

And don't forget in the last update, there's a 'bug' that no longer arms your track when you select it now. You have to manually arm one the first time, but after that it should work automatically when you select a track until you close the project.
By Yerbalist Mon Dec 27, 2021 1:58 pm
Don't know if its a bug or a "feature", but I can't save Q-LINKS (project mode) mapped to various plugin parameters inserted on submixes. The mapping disappear after loading proj again. This is sad, bcuz I hoped to include those settings in my template to quickly manipulate those FXs after routing tracks to them - thats what usually submixes are used for
By Ekl1p5e Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:28 am
I am terrified to use the sampler in the mpc x because of three issues that i have personally observed:

1. saving a project transposed the notes of a particular track 3 octaves up. i noticed that this was done on all of my tracks that had groove agent vst. this was on all of the sequences. this actually happened a couple of years ago, which caused me shelve the unit but i eventually regained my composure and started to use the unit again. i dont know what caused this so i dont know how to reproduce.

2. saving a project caused a sample to be inserted into a note layer on my program. after saving a project, i cant remember if it played correctly immediately after saving, but for sure when i reloaded the program, there were extra sounds in my program when it loaded. i dont know what caused this so i dont know how to reproduce.

3. (?purging samples?) then saving a project, then cancelling the save, caused samples to be removed from the loaded program. while i was saving a project, i cancelled because i missed something. when i reloaded the project, i noticed that a particular sound wasnt playing. I could see that the note was being triggered so i figured that some how while purging i corrupted something, just reload the programs and everything will be cool. either the purge actually purged samples from the sample pack or reloading a program in memory doesnt actually reload the program in memory because I still cannot load the program and have the sequence play that note. on that note, i think the project management screen needs options for what to purge, maybe some kind of confirmation for what will be purged, etc.

i am posting because i realize that its selfish to hold this to myself and not give you guys a chance to fix. i come from mpc2000xl and mpc4000, and while the workflow is there and i have been coming around to some kind of flow with it, these daws have too much going on so the tactileness of these standalone boxes is of the utmost importance. (dont get me on the soapbox about the note repeat 'feeling' different from the 2000xl and 4000)

other than that, i shouldnt have to look elsewhere for alternatives, which is what happened in each of those three scenarios above. evidently, there are no real alternatives so it would be of benefit to me and other users to just make you aware of these claims. thank you for your time
By parkgood Fri Dec 31, 2021 5:53 am
Pad color doesn't fixed.

I'm sure does make default after assign to color to each pad.

but contstaly change color of pad to last choosed one.

to avoid that I have to change the drum program and back again.
By YoungS1n1984 Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:50 am
(MPC X) - I have a bug, coupled with multiple crashes. First, every time i arm a track and record a drum pattern or any midi note sequence, the volume automation engages and records even with automation not armed and me not touching the volume. I have to manually go in every time and delete all automation from that track otherwise the volume jumps up and down. I tested this in standalone and it does not do this, only in controller mode. I also have one of three or four sessions crash on me, no particular reason why, sometimes I'm trying to export, sometimes I'm just switching tracks or loading a plug in, again this is only in controller mode. Ive lost so many projects this week due to this and it is becoming super troublesome. Ive tried reinstalling both software and firmware and neither has fixed the problem.
By SizZLeR Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:32 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Synthetica wrote:When I start a new empty project, Create a plugin Track and Plugin Program, and choose any plugin. Pressing a pad results in 2 or 3 pads playing, or lighting up on every pad press almost like the pads are layered. If i go into Notes it is set to single notes not chords, but still acts like it is playing chords. Any else experiencing this or can duplicate?

Are you actually hearing chords in notes mode, or is it just visual lighting up of multiple pads, like the previous post?

I never had anything but 2.10 on mine as I just bought it before xmas and it had the 2.1 on it allready.
Pad behaviour is the same on mine and its only visual, the MPC 2 plays only the sound of the pad i press, but lights up on other pads of the same note.
By Yerbalist Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm
Soloing track/program while playing resulted in sudden crash of MPC One - it just turned off! I would lose all the project progress but luckily I saved just few minutes before that happened. I remember solo feature is a problem even in MPC Software, it lags compeletely so it must be a core soft issue.. :WTF:
By Monotremata Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:51 pm
Solo and mute work perfectly fine here.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet but this thread is 23 pages already.. Was trying to chop up a loop the other night and noticed chopping by Region is not working right anymore. If you leave it at the default 50 its good, but the minute you go up or down, it doesn't seem to add or remove any slices, and pads 12 and 15 (I think its those two) light up orange and green while you're scrolling the Region field.. Ive been having to manually draw in my slices lately.. Been meaning to post this one for awhile but keep forgetting haha.
By mrmarbury Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:05 pm
Search did not bring it up so I will post my bugs

Midi Loop/Hanging Notes when using external keyboard(s) connected via USB Midi hub/interface

I have tried multiple brand and no-name USB-Midi interfaces for this. No matter what keyboard I use. When the Midi Out of the used keyboard(s) is connected via a USB-Midi interface then the MPC does not receive a note off in 90% of the cases leading to hanging notes. Connecting the Midi Out directly to the MPC solves this. This started happening with 2.10. Never had that before. I have seen some messages on Reddit stating the same for way older MPC 2.x versions but for me it started to happen with the 2.10 upgrade. First thought my current project that I started with 2.9 is bugged now but this problem exists for new projects as well started with 2.10.

MPC crash when layering samples

When I layer samples and process them to a sample pad the MPC screen turns black and after 10 seconds or so the MPC reboots with a recovery message.
By force23 Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:03 pm
mxeyerolls wrote:MIDI Learn doesn't save entries properly for submix, return, or output channel insert effect parameters. I have a Novation LaunchControl XL that I use for on-the-fly stuff in live settings, and my projects have had those settings wiped out--the entries are still there with the assigned CCs, but the "target" is set to off/none. I set it again, save it, reopen the project, and it's wiped again.

MIDI Learn functions properly for program insert effects, and other submix, return, and output parameters (e.g. volume, mute). I've reset my settings, tried this in both standalone and controller mode, and even tried creating new projects, all to no avail.

Any suggestions (other than rolling back to 2.9.1)?

I have the same issue here now with my new mpc one!

Is this a known issue and will akai change this in the new update?

Thanks
By DruidTek Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:23 am
- MIDI mapping parameters of insert plugins on the Sends/Returns causes the audio engine to stall/crash.
By djst Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:38 am
I started up a large project this morning after having worked on it all evening yesterday, and I noticed that two sequences in the Song arranger view was "(Unused)". I checked the corresponding sequences 21 and 22 in the project and they are indeed cleared. There's no way I have accidentally cleared the sequences myself so this must be a pretty serious dataloss bug.

If it's relevant, I was using the MPC One in Controller Mode, working on the project directly from the SD card in the MPC One, which shows up as a mounted drive in MacOS. I've had no accidental ejects before properly unmounting the drive, and I've worked like this for days without any issues before.

All other sequences and project settings are saved, just two sequences out of about 20 that were eliminated. It's one of those bugs that make me feel really nervous about using the MPC again. Is this a known bug?
By Wul Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:54 am
Try this
Load a loop in a clip, add the air compressor as an pad insert adjust the output with a qlink, voila the sample bpm falls to minimum 20 bpm.
Akai have certainly excelled with this one.
They can even manage to get the sample tune to suddenly rise to +24 , when the start marker is moved with a qlink in program edit
Last edited by Wul on Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Wul Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:19 am
Are you supposed to be able to press shift + a pad, so as to select it without it sounding?
Appears to work intermittently at my end.