MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Zoelastik Sun May 15, 2022 9:49 am
velo wrote:I have an issue with 2.10.1 on MPC One, where the Track filtering for the input port in Preferences>Midi/Sync does not work:
I have some Notes in a Midi Track that sends to a Roland JU06a via USB. The USB Midi device has deactivated (black) Master, Control and Track for Input Port and activated (white) Sync and Track for Output Port. The Roland has its internal Arpeggiator active and synced.
Now, if I have a Drum Program on a different Track and do a Note Repeat on 16th or 32s, the Drum Samples get triggered by the Roland’s Arpeggio Notes :WTF:
Setting the Drums channel strip Midi Input to <None> does not even change this…

I thought I was going crazy, but I can reproduce this from an empty program 100% of the time.

This bug was also present on the V2.9 ... Contacted IonAudio/Akai support about it here's the answer :

" Thank you for your support request.
I have managed to replicate the faults you are describing and I believe this mainly to be a bug with the MPC Firmware. ... I will be sure to send a bug report regarding the input tracking with note repeat to our product development and hopefully they can provide a fix for this in the next Firmware update."

It was just a little time before the V2.10.
So it was not corrected with this version.

I had hope for the 2.10.1 but nope, it's still there and boring as f :x ck ...

Finger crossed for the next update.
By 925Pimp Thu May 19, 2022 3:38 am
I'm currently having an issue where MPC one on v 2.10 continues playing notes specifically from Odyssey while everything is stopped. the only way I have found to solve this is to change the synth to something else, and then back to Odyssey.
By Savvy001 Fri May 20, 2022 11:11 am
BUG: Akai MPC One 2.10
Audio track, with edit audio opened.
Record audio, stop, save.
Error writing to disk.
Every time. (Tried different fast SD, no change)

Work around: dont record and save within edit audio screen.

Expected behavior: being able to record and save in edit audio screen.

Why do this: Because in edit audio screen the waveform is shown while recording.
Perfect for checking levels on guitar or other plugged in instruments.

Fix for 2.11?
By Lampdog Fri May 20, 2022 4:03 pm
I just tried this on mpc x, no crash, maybe i’m not following correctly??
While edit audio open I hit shift+save, saved the entire project to sd card.

Went new, empty project, your method again, saved to internal hdd w/o crash, save performed as expected again.
By Savvy001 Sun May 22, 2022 11:08 am
So for me it happens when im in a "audio track".
Have the edit audio screen open.
Record some guitar into it.
Hit shift save before leaving the edit audio.

Then the error appears.
On MPC One v2.10
By magnusson Mon May 23, 2022 9:13 pm
This problem just started recently -- possibly when I updated to 2.10.1 but I'm not sure.

When using the MPC Live 2 in controller mode, all UI interactions are slow/laggy. The issue appears on both the MPC screen and my computer screen. This affects clicking a note to select it, scrolling through programs, etc. The playhead also scrolls in a jerky way while playing a sequence.

The MPC is on outlet power and shows 10-20% CPU usage and 10% memory usage while this is happening. This does *not* affect the audio -- there are no audible dropouts or artifacts. The issue disappears when I switch to standalone mode.

I'm using the MPC 2.10.1 software on a 2020 M1 Macbook Air running MacOS 12.4.
By Theraven001 Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:05 pm
As a reasonably new user of the MPC X but a very (20+ years) experienced producer and engineer, I must say I am very surprised and disappointed at how buggy the Akai devices and software appear to be in version 2.10.1

The unit runs fine in Standalone mode.

I have a custom I7 windows 10 64-bit studio computer which runs everything perfectly. Except for the MPCX!

1. cannot use the MPC x as an audio interface with any surety because the driver appears to load or unload arbitrarily.
2. When the interface does work, I can use it with CUBASE professional and wavelab but not to watch a youtube video or play media on VLC
3. Intermittent computer crashes including the blue screen of death

I have a Yamaha MODX with a built-in interface that functions perfectly and a Focusrite PRO 40 which also functions seamlessly.

For the cost of the MPCX, I am one disgruntled new Akai user. Looks to me like a toy for nerds to screw around with rather than for use in a professional studio.

Yes, I have tried everything that you would normally try to resolve this including absolutely no support from Akai.

I wonder has anyone else had this experience or similar?

Would appreciate any guidance
By Yerbalist Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:49 pm
2032 thread: I can't browse YouTube videos properly on my Akai :lol:

I noticed copying multiple versions of one sequence to other by "copy bars" drastically changed patterns in some way. The complex patterns of 1/16 velocity hats played quite defferently than original 8 bar loop (problem is resolved using songmode export of sequence). Also, they better resolve the missing project Q-links bug with this month update or I downgrade straight up to 2.9
By sl23 Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:26 pm
I'm having constant issues on a new MPC Live 2 wrt recording pads. Sometimes when I listen to a recorded performance, there's no sound and no data. If I try to undo and repeat recording process sometimes it works sometimes same issue. This can be on a new or existing project.

Only way I've found to sort it out is reload a project. Is there anything I can do about it? Or is this a bug?

Thank you.

PS: Latest firmware used and in standalone mode
By Erratik Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:55 pm
golfdogz wrote:
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Same. Although not 100 percent of the time. But did happen after a freeze reboot from using the mellotron and hype plugins. But loading pgm (from ssd) bricked the machine until hard reset.

I can recreate the issue on-demand. For me, I can still load any (single) pgm made with my 2000xl or 4000 but now with 2.10 any attempt to load more than one legacy pgm causes an instant "Your MPC recovered from an internal error" reset.
By Straker Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm
Theraven001 wrote:As a reasonably new user of the MPC X but a very (20+ years) experienced producer and engineer, I must say I am very surprised and disappointed at how buggy the Akai devices and software appear to be in version 2.10.1

The unit runs fine in Standalone mode.

I have a custom I7 windows 10 64-bit studio computer which runs everything perfectly. Except for the MPCX!

1. cannot use the MPC x as an audio interface with any surety because the driver appears to load or unload arbitrarily.
2. When the interface does work, I can use it with CUBASE professional and wavelab but not to watch a youtube video or play media on VLC
3. Intermittent computer crashes including the blue screen of death

I have a Yamaha MODX with a built-in interface that functions perfectly and a Focusrite PRO 40 which also functions seamlessly.

For the cost of the MPCX, I am one disgruntled new Akai user. Looks to me like a toy for nerds to screw around with rather than for use in a professional studio.

Yes, I have tried everything that you would normally try to resolve this including absolutely no support from Akai.

I wonder has anyone else had this experience or similar?

Would appreciate any guidance

Watch youtube videos on your phone
By Uncle Dieppe Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:32 am
Anyone else experiencing clicks when using the Op4 plug in?

If you turn off the operators you can hear it, when triggering sounds I tried messing with the envelopes to alter attack portion but still seems persistent on certain sounds