MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By manji Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:42 pm
I've had the missing midi ports in software mode problem for a while now. 2.9 fixed it. but they are gone again in 2.10. If I use my MPC X in controller mode in 2.10, I am not able to select midi ports, in or out.
By matteoviti Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:52 pm
In controller mode inside a daw, unless you have the gui shown, you can’t confirm certain operation from the unit: erase a pad, duplicate a seq,copy a pad etc.
By djrukiss Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:18 am
Hi, this is a question about the software MPC 2. I have a serial number and everything but I can't upgrade my mac to 10.14. My computer crashed so I can only download the latest version MPC 2.10. Does anyone have the older 2.9 software zip file or do you know where I can get it? I have a serial but can't seem to find the older versions on the site and Akai hasn't responded to my inquiry from over a month ago. Any help would be appreciated.
By Orbiting Fri Nov 05, 2021 4:57 pm
My MPCX is freezing when I try to save projects as I try to connect as controller mode (PC)

having to start over sucks, should I roll back drivers? Is a firmware update on the way soon?
By AnalogHybrid Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:46 pm
billybob1973 wrote:Noticeable semi-regular audio clicks (E.g. once every 8-16 bars (@120BPM)) when using the MPC One with an external audio Interface.

Same behaviour with Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 and a Motu 8a at 44.1 khz with a variety of sample buffers.

Issue more noticeable when feeding an external instrument back into one of the audio tracks, but still present with a single track looping a single sample.

The clicks are generally accompanied by a MIDI sync blip, causing the MIDI slave clock to briefly dip to 116BPM from 120BPM.

I also have this issue with an M-Audio AIR 192|14. Have you or ayone resolved this issue?
By Norman Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:08 pm
Hi!
Following issue: i loaded approx. 320MB of small one shot drum samples into my template, 4096 files. I had 2 'mpc recovered From an error' messages during loading but most of the time the template is loaded after 2 mins and everything First seems to Work fine. But after some mins just triggering the loaded drum Sounds, the CPU load is increasing and increasing until you cannot continue working and i was only triggering the sounds, no fx added or something Else. 32% RAM usage and it starts with 12-17% CPU usage, after the template with All the drums is loaded - increases with no Limit, just playing the sounds - any idea? I dont know if this issue already existed witg older FW ver, im using 2.10.1 thanks!
By e-Brainz Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:15 am
I had my first freeze today. It happened while browsing the factory samples in the internal memory of my MPC One (Browse>Content>Drums). I was hitting the play button on the touch screen to preview kits, at one point this caused the MPC to freeze. Some parts of it seemed to still be working: the Play and Rec LED lit up when I pressed the buttons but I hadn't recorded anything or even assigned samples, so I couldn't tell if it was actually playing or not. Eventually I had to unplug it. On power up I got a warning that of course the MPC hadn't shut down properly. I cycled the power once more just to be sure, and everything was back to normal.

PS - I tried holding down the power button before unplugging it, but I probably didn't hold it for the full five seconds like it says in the manual. Which I consulted after the fact. Oops :mrgreen:
By tcpunx Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:25 pm

There is a bug which is disabling record arm on tracks immediately upon loading a legacy project.

If it does happen, the workaround is to manually arm the track and at that point all tracks in the project are armed by default (i.e. armed upon selecting them). Another way around it is to scroll through all the sequences in the project and eventually the tracks magically become armed.

I haven't seen it any any completely new projects yet, so far it only happens on legacy projects.

Sorry in advance, noob here. I'm on a standalone MPC One, no computer involved. Can you explain the step by step or link a video with the instructions for re-arming a track? I can't overdub onto a 2.9 project. I am close to just trying to find the old firmware file online somewhere and going back to it
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 14, 2021 6:31 pm
tcpunx wrote:Sorry in advance, noob here. I'm on a standalone MPC One, no computer involved. Can you explain the step by step or link a video with the instructions for re-arming a track?

Literally just press the track arm button in MAIN, which will be the grey circle with the white dot on the right hand side of the 'track' row. Make sure it is red.
By VANVAS Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:07 pm
Hello , I was reading whole thread and I think I can see something similar of what’s happens to me , when I start the mpc one , empty project and load a sample , you assign that sample to a pad , and try to insert some effects, for example a lp filter or whatever you want . When it is inserted , you go to the effect and try to tweaking , the q links changes to a tune knob , root note and another one I cannot remember right now . Always you insert some effect , the q link changes when You try to touch the knob , you want to change the filter and q links changes to another presets . I’m not setting any q link at the moment .
What I am doing is exit to the main page of the tracks and go to the insert another time , sometimes is working and sometimes not and you got another time the qlink change . Anyone knows this bug ? Can I make a video tonight ? You will see more clear . Sorry about my explanation.
Is there a way to fix this problem ? This is a pain working with .
By Komatos Records Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:32 pm
[quote="Norman"]Hi!
Following issue: i loaded approx. 320MB of small one shot drum samples into my template, 4096 files. I had 2 'mpc recovered From an error' messages during loading but most of the time the template is loaded after 2 mins and everything First seems to Work fine. But after some mins just triggering the loaded drum Sounds, the CPU load is increasing and increasing until you cannot continue working and i was only triggering the sounds, no fx added or something Else. 32% RAM usage and it starts with 12-17% CPU usage, after the template with All the drums is loaded - increases with no Limit, just playing the sounds - any idea? I dont know if this issue already existed witg older FW ver, im using 2.10.1 thanks![/quote]

This is an ongoing issue I believe (ie not specifically related to latest firmware). With the 13 built-in demo styles there is also a “default” drum kit set that has samples assigned to all 128 pads (16 pads x 8 banks). I have tested this across multiple firmware versions since purchasing my MPC X back in April 2019. If you press each pad once (or a couple of times) to hear the samples assigned to each pad, by the time you get to Bank F or G the CPU has reached between 75-100+ % and the samples start glitching. No other kits/demo styles seem to cause that issue. I surmise it’s due to the large numbers of samples assigned to pads, although if only 2-4 are playing samples at any given time I don’t know why the CPU gets overloaded. The memory never budges over 35% so it’s not like the RAM is near full. Maybe some extremely long inaudible tails or effects on samples? I haven’t looked into why it happens with just that kit, to be honest.
By QUEKOU Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 am
VANVAS wrote:Hello , I was reading whole thread and I think I can see something similar of what’s happens to me , when I start the mpc one , empty project and load a sample , you assign that sample to a pad , and try to insert some effects, for example a lp filter or whatever you want . When it is inserted , you go to the effect and try to tweaking , the q links changes to a tune knob , root note and another one I cannot remember right now . Always you insert some effect , the q link changes when You try to touch the knob , you want to change the filter and q links changes to another presets . I’m not setting any q link at the moment .
What I am doing is exit to the main page of the tracks and go to the insert another time , sometimes is working and sometimes not and you got another time the qlink change . Anyone knows this bug ? Can I make a video tonight ? You will see more clear . Sorry about my explanation.

This is happening to me as well since the new update. The Qlink dials get all wonky sometimes in especially in the Protgarm Edit screen.
By QUEKOU Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:42 am
Noises (short spurt of white noise) now and then and at time, it 'll stop the play. When hit play, it usually plays normal and then random noises creep up would stop the playing. Very annoying rendering this machine unusable.
By VANVAS Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:56 am
QUEKOU wrote:
VANVAS wrote:Hello , I was reading whole thread and I think I can see something similar of what’s happens to me , when I start the mpc one , empty project and load a sample , you assign that sample to a pad , and try to insert some effects, for example a lp filter or whatever you want . When it is inserted , you go to the effect and try to tweaking , the q links changes to a tune knob , root note and another one I cannot remember right now . Always you insert some effect , the q link changes when You try to touch the knob , you want to change the filter and q links changes to another presets . I’m not setting any q link at the moment .

This is happening to me as well since the new update. The Qlink dials get all wonky sometimes in especially in the Protgarm Edit screen.

No way to fix it ? I tried reset preferences but is still there the issue .