MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Mike Boogie Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:00 pm
Not sure if this is actually a bug but I tried to install 2.10 update software on my Win7 studio PC and the installer won't even run. Even after manually running it, the program corrupts and won't start.

I know it's not exactly on the supported list but 2.9.1 ran with zero issues on Win7 for me.
By Drew Hamlett Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:10 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:I guess that crosses win7 off the super-secret 'system requirements' list that they no longer publish for the MPC Software.

I mean Windows 7 is like 40 years old at this point. On Mac you can't use the OS for music after 2 years normally lol.
By ramirojota1 Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:49 pm
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

I was having the same problem but it was solved with Preferences reset.

I Was trying to record some basic drums in a project i already had. It didnt record. Hit the reset preferences, and now it works 8)
By Synthetica Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:58 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Synthetica wrote:When I start a new empty project, Create a plugin Track and Plugin Program, and choose any plugin. Pressing a pad results in 2 or 3 pads playing, or lighting up on every pad press almost like the pads are layered. If i go into Notes it is set to single notes not chords, but still acts like it is playing chords. Any else experiencing this or can duplicate?

Are you actually hearing chords in notes mode, or is it just visual lighting up of multiple pads, like the previous post?

Doesn't appear i am hearing any chords, just visual. If i switch to actual chord mode then it only lights up the played pad. Not really a show stopper issue, just trying to wrap my head around the logic for this. I i play a single not, I would expect it to only light up a single pad.
By omegatron Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:04 pm
I would imagine it's just a visual reference to show you where the next octave up is in notes mode was was puzzled by it too but it kind of makes sense to me better now..
By Molotovbeatz Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:27 pm
Hello everyone,

I just updated to 2.10 today, but the MPC One is stuck on the "mpc" logo boot and does not go forward.

The update was made via USB cable, the update application showed that update was successful.

Now the MPC One I think is bricked, I mean I can turn it on but does not load the interface, it's stuck on mpc logo boot. It looks like below:

I have left it like that for 30 mn to see if something will eventually happen but no. I have tried to restart the device couple of time but nothing.

Is there anyway to reinstall the entire software through some tricks? I am still pending on AKAI's feedback. The MPC One was bought in April this year :WTF:

Any suggestion that might help is appreciated. Thank you
By MikeNizo808 Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:30 pm
Molotovbeatz wrote:Is there anyway to reinstall the entire software through some tricks?

Download the USB version of the update, copy it to a thumb drive, and install it directly on the MPC hardware. Then navigate to "Menu > Gear Icon" and press SHIFT if needed to see the "Update" button on the screen. If your firmware update file was placed on a USB stick accessible to the MPC (and in the top level folder), if will find it.

Note: Using the USB "cable" for normal firmware updates is never a good idea (unless instructed to do so, i.e. to fix this issue with support).

PS - If it is unbootable though, I guess you can ignore me since the USB stick requires the system to boot up for you to access a menu (doh).
Last edited by MikeNizo808 on Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:35 pm
There is a button combination that you need to hold down as you power up which will put the MPC back into update mode, it varies for each MPC though. This topic has some that might work

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=201970

Press and hold: PAD BANK A + PLAY + PLAY/START and POWER ON (Works for ONE, LIVE and possible X)
Press and hold: [BANK C] + [FULL LEVEL] + [ERASE] and POWER ON (Works for LIVE)

Here's Dans original reddit past for the MPC Live:

https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/c ... ggestions/

He's saying to download the firmware installer that runs as an app on your computer and installs the firmware onto your MPC via USB.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:38 pm
MikeNizo808 wrote:
Molotovbeatz wrote:Is there anyway to reinstall the entire software through some tricks?

Download the USB version of the update, copy it to a thumb drive, and install it directly on the MPC hardware.

If he's stuck on the boot screen, how does he put the MPC into update mode? Do you know of a way to do this for the MPC One?
By MikeNizo808 Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:52 pm
> If he's stuck on the boot screen, how does he put the MPC into update mode?

Thanks... Did not think that through! Who knows though, it might be something that the MPC looks for at startup by default (a firmware image on USB). It would still be worth a shot to try IMO.
By Drawgs Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:21 pm
How ironic.

I got an email today declining my application for being a beta tester (despite having background in beta testing).

I have found out what is causing recording/over-dub to fail, well in my use case any way.

Hey ho.
By Monotremata Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:24 pm
Hey at least you got a response back! I must have applied for the beta team like 100 times now, even when I was out of work and was doing nothing but sitting at home playing with my MPC for like 12 hours a day hah. Not once did I even get rejected!
By Drawgs Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:31 pm
Monotremata wrote:Hey at least you got a response back! I must have applied for the beta team like 100 times now, even when I was out of work and was doing nothing but sitting at home playing with my MPC for like 12 hours a day hah. Not once did I even get rejected!

To be honest, I applied kinda late, well from the time I seen the posting about it. I only applied 2 days ago and got a response back today. Recently I've worked with companies in ties with Nasa and signed NDAs, but I guess Akais IP is more top secret than spaceships :lol:

Oh well, only wanted to lend a hand in trying to make these things more stable. As you say, thankful I even got a response.
By AJC Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:00 pm
Hello!

After updating my MPC One, I seemed to have lost the chromatic scale mode (for either chords or notes). Tried resetting as per the instructions but made no difference.