MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Molotovbeatz Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:11 pm
Hello again,

A small update regarding my issue with the Boot loop after updating the Firmware.

I have solved the issue. It turned out that the root cause is the USB hub that was connected to the mpc. Somehow there is an issue related to the power on the usb socket when a peripherical device is connected to the mpc one.

I figured this out after coming across this thread on reddit:

After going through this thread, I disconnected everything that was connected to my mpc one except for the power source. When I turned the mpc ON, the boot logo appeared and then the interface loaded.

Im not sure AKAI dev team knows about this USB socket issue, perhaps they could take a look into it.

I almost gave up and already prepared to send the mpc away for warranty service but Im glad it is solved now. The MPC one is fine and the new update is really awesome.

Cheers guys.
By researchintospeed Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:14 pm
Bug: Audio input not recognised at project load.

External bass synth running into MPC Audio Input 1. Bass synth is playing, but audio input is not present.

Work around: On the track input config, change input from 1 to anything, and then back to 1, audio is present working as expected.

*This exact same bug cropped up in 2.9 and was fixed in 2.9.1.4*

FYI: bass synth runs thru the MPC to use the Mother Ducker plugin functionality, deleting plugin doesn't change lack of audio in, only changing the input fixes it.

MPC Live mk1.

Stay safe, be kind.
Cx
By researchintospeed Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:45 am
Not sure this is repeatable...playing with the randomisation and drum fx functions in a drum program, messing with a hi hat, return settings to zero/switch fx off, tap pad next door to mess with the clap, don't actually change any settings and then 3 out of the 8 bars of the clap sound like the offset has been moved dramatically, all parameters are off/zeroed etc i.e. nothing changed, automation is off etc etc.

Load previously saved project ( I save projects a lot! :) ) and clap is still messed up.

Theres not much in 2.10 for me, so I roll back to 2.9.1, load project, and the clap track is back to normal...

Expect I'll be staying at 2.9.1 until one of the incremental updates to 2.10 squashes a few of the inevitable bugs, fundamentally I'm stoked that the updates have kept coming :)

Stay safe, be kind.
Cx
By Smackdee Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:20 am
Only thing I've noticed so far is graphics of the Q-links side display gets a bit jumpy when zooming in and out in the midi edit page...
By NewAkaiUser Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:14 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:
ACRE wrote:i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

For me its a feature and i like it :worthy:
By HouseWithoutMouse Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 am
The Metronome click causes digital overs with the Steinberg UR44 audio interface. This sounds like what you get if you don't clip your output sample values to minimum and maximum. The actual output is clipped (I can crank it up to +6 dB and it just distorts, but no digital overflow), but it looks like the metronome click is not.

This problem is NOT there with the Steinberg UR22 Mk II (which was the only other class-compliant USB audio interface I could test), or with Mac and Windows programs with the UR44. And there is no such problem using the MPC's internal audio.
By ACRE Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:48 am
NewAkaiUser wrote:For me its a feature and i like it

i guessed afterwards it's a feature ... & yes actually it's quite convenient
By AJC Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:48 pm
Hello

I mentioned yesterday that I no longer have “chromatic” as a scale option. Any ideas? I tried resetting everything but no change.
By Soleil Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:29 pm
I have the following issue:

After installing the new firmware my midi-controller doesn't work when I load a project I was working on.
Only when I start an empty project it works.
I have an Arturia Minilab MKII that works fine.

Know problem?
Cheers,
S
By omegatron Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:20 pm
I've found a pretty substantial bug I think, loaded a project that I started in 2.9 tonight to continue and in the automation editor for velocity all the level indicators are black instead of the usual red...

Edit, dunno if it is a bug or not, I'm using a single sequence workflow and if I zoom all the way out the red lines disappear, maybe the screen just doesn't have the resolution to display a line that thin.. :Sigh:
By RolandoBlanca Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 pm
I just noticed that when using a USB audio interface, you cannot select the submixes in the looper, which makes this a bit useless since being able to decide what instruments/parts/voices to send to the looper via a mix of some sort is pretty essential. The submixes seem to be selectable everywhere else that you can select inputs, so I don't see why not in the looper. Sadly, I cannot send my AUX mixes from my mixer over USB otherwise I could work around it.

Another thing about the USB audio and the looper is that if I then send that submix to an output (say for example, I think I was using 13/14) and enable that output to receive it's audio from USB on my mixer, then turn it up, I can hear it fine, but if I select "Resample L+R" in the looper as the source, there's no audio - it's as though my submix routing out through outputs 13/14 isn't considered part of the "Main" left and right outputs. I guess because it's not going via the internal audio? I didn't try if using 1/2 of external audio as the outs fixed this, it might have, but even so would be a bug since I don't necessarily want to use channels 1 and 2 on my mixer as the MPC (especially since those are mono channels).
By Crumb$ Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:35 pm
Not sure this is a bug... I've been using 2.10 for the last few hours and three times ALL pads have become selected in the Program Edit Zone menu. I haven't tried to do that even once myself so unless there is some secret shortcut for doing it... Seems a bit weird.
By phdbeats Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:04 am
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

This same thing is happening to me, and it is honestly driving me crazy. I am going to downgrade to 2.9 until Akai gets this sorted out. How do I go about downgrading? Thanks man.