MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:45 am
Wul wrote:Are you supposed to be able to press shift + a pad, so as to select it without it sounding?
Appears to work intermittently at my end.

I wasn't aware that this was even a thing on the MPC, it works on the Force though. On what pages has this worked for you? I can't get it to work on any screen.
By Wul Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:35 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
Wul wrote:Are you supposed to be able to press shift + a pad, so as to select it without it sounding?
Appears to work intermittently at my end.

I wasn't aware that this was even a thing on the MPC, it works on the Force though. On what pages has this worked for you? I can't get it to work on any screen.

I first saw it on a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etwbR8D5jNM
About 3:14
So I tried it and like I said it sometimes works but mostly doesn’t.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:46 pm
Okay, so this is only intended for working with Clip programs. Seems to work fine for me when working in program edit with a clip program, I assume this is purely so you can select and edit parameters without triggering the clip, so only reasonable that it should work in program edit only.

When reporting bugs, please try to give more detail on the problem in the first instance - step by step recreation, background info, etc.
By Wul Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:15 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Okay, so this is only intended for working with Clip programs. Seems to work fine for me when working in program edit with a clip program, I assume this is purely so you can select and edit parameters without triggering the clip, so only reasonable that it should work in program edit only.

When reporting bugs, please try to give more detail on the problem in the first instance - step by step recreation, background info, etc.

It was initially intended as a question not a bug, I only moved it here because of an obnoxious comment by ace of dub. Seems to be a regular thing with this user.
By EnochLight Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:38 pm
Wul wrote:Try this
Load a loop in a clip, add the air compressor as an pad insert adjust the output with a qlink, voila the sample bpm falls to minimum 20 bpm.
Akai have certainly excelled with this one.
They can even manage to get the sample tune to suddenly rise to +24 , when the start marker is moved with a qlink in program edit

Can't reproduce this. When I follow your instructions, it works fine for me - no bpm change or sample tune change. Air compressor output goes up and down as expected, is all. :hmmm:
By Wul Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:20 pm
EnochLight wrote:
Wul wrote:Try this
Load a loop in a clip, add the air compressor as an pad insert adjust the output with a qlink, voila the sample bpm falls to minimum 20 bpm.
Akai have certainly excelled with this one.
They can even manage to get the sample tune to suddenly rise to +24 , when the start marker is moved with a qlink in program edit

Can't reproduce this. When I follow your instructions, it works fine for me - no bpm change or sample tune change. Air compressor output goes up and down as expected, is all. :hmmm:

Thanks for trying, I’m on the one, don’t know if that makes any difference.
By leida Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:21 pm
Hye

what about CPU bug ?
i have done a qucik search and i haven't found anything.
so here it is:
I use a MPC Live 1 withe latest OS.
i have a project with several sequences.
When it is just loaded, the cpu show about 35%.
After each play of a sequence, it becomes more and more and it becomes more than 80/90% and there is audio glitches !
It seems, that each play (even the same sequence) increase the cpu usage !!!
There is nothing that i can do ? (for the moment, i re-load the project when cpu is red !)
thanks
Eric
By ThreeRiverDance Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:35 am
Clip Programs with using a different master tempo from the original tempo of the loops results in out of time playback of the loops.

Example:
Exporting a drum loop with 120 bpm from Ableton and loading it into a clip program on the MPC. As long as the master tempo is set too 120 bpm the timing is alright, but as soon as the tempo is changed the time stretching is awfully off. When decreasing the tempo, the hit on 1.1.0 is also distorted.

Is this a common issue that has been present before 2.10.1 or did they just introduce it?
By Bradley Smith Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:05 pm
I've seen the following MIDI bugs reported repeatedly:

1. Note OFF events for one note on one track/channel are sent to ALL devices/midi channels
2. Incoming midi from any channel is always sent to the active track and I have tried every setting

I cannot reproduce either of these issues unless I set my MPC One up to actually operate in this way.

Incoming midi from the same input, or different input, via USB or Midi DIN is always sent to the correct track. Releasing a note on my MPK Mini (Midi CH 1) does not cause a note release on Midi Ch 2 (where I'm holding a note on my Argon8) either. As long as you set things up properly.

By default all new tracks are set to respond to ALL midi channels from ALL devices. So, if you are playing C2 from MIDI controller A and C2 from MIDI controller B and you let go of C2 on controller A then yes, a C2 Note Up message will be responded to by ALL your midi channels. Similarly, if you play C2 on ANY controller then the active track will play that note (MPC seems to have some "intelligence" built into it such that if you have multiple MIDI tracks set to respond to all channels from all midi inputs then it only plays the active track - I cannot confirm this but that seems to be what it happening).

However, if you hit the Eye icon on each track and set the correct midi channel (rather than all) then things start to behave as expected. Note there is no need to set the midi input device, unless you have more than 16 midi devices connected and thus need more than 16 channels.

I'm brand new to the MPC (1 week) so am prepared to be told I'm an idiot and have completely misunderstood these bugs!

Brad
By unnstarr30 Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:34 am
How do you arm a track? i can't record anything on an old project once I updated software either. I'm using an MPC Studio 1. Can anyone help?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:14 pm
unnstarr30 wrote:How do you arm a track? i can't record anything on an old project once I updated software either. I'm using an MPC Studio 1. Can anyone help?

In the software you press the greyed out 'arm' button on the top right of the 'track' section of the inspector, not sure what the equivalent is in the MPC Studio UI.
By BigSmilez Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:27 am
My MPC (2.10.1) has started randomly crashing in the browser. Steps to reproduce:
1. Start a new project
2. Load up some kits and sounds
3. Create a track
4. Go back to browser. Audition some random kits, load any one.
5. Sometimes, the MPC will Crash & will restart after you press 'ok' on the internal error popup

This drives me nuts coz I lost a lot of progress on a promising project due to this unexpected bug :evil:. Loading new sounds should be the most stable part of any new firmware update.
By Bradley Smith Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:14 am
Bradley Smith wrote:I've seen the following MIDI bugs reported repeatedly:

1. Note OFF events for one note on one track/channel are sent to ALL devices/midi channels

I understand this bug now and have been able to reproduce it. Sent a support request in to Akai (for what it's worth).
By geecen Fri Feb 18, 2022 1:23 pm
Anton wrote:I have a few issues to report about. They were discovered on MPC X, however they might be the case for there devices too.

1) Channel Assignment in the Looper discards changes.

Whenever I use the Looper and assign certain input channels (let's say mono channel 1 instead of the default channel 1,2) once I leave the looper menu it discards all the changes made. Eg. When I start a project, go to the looper, assign input channel 1 and navigate to main menu, once I open the looper again it will have Input Channel 1,2 instead of Channel 1 assigned before. It never happened with the previous versions of MPC. Back then, the settings I assigned in the looper menu would have stayed until I assign new settings or open a different project.

2) New Plugin instruments disappeared from the standalone version.

As soon as I installed the update I was willing to check new plugin instruments. I did so and was quite delighted with them. Never used them ever after. However, today, when I thought that I might need a Hype synth for my project I was surprised to find out all those instruments went missing in the plugin menu. Where did it all go and why have they disappeared? I still can see them on MPC Software on my laptop, but not on the MPC X in the standalone anymore. What should I do?

I have this same problem and came here to post it. With the sampler it happens too, but sometimes the change sticks. So for eg I have 3,4, as my input in looper, exit and go back and it's 1,2. Went into sampler and it's 3,4. But then tried changing sampler and going out adn in, adn sampler resets to 3,4 now. Def something up.
By chrismayall Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:37 pm
Hello!
There's a bug with the MIDI learn functionality

Mapping parameters on the insert effects of Master bus and Submixes works fine, but when the unit is turned off and on again, it becomes unmapped - the CC entry is retained but the 'Source' is set to 'none and target set to 'Off'.

I am attempting to map the Frequency value of High Pass and Low Pass filters to an external MIDI controller, on the master bus and on several submixes. 'Mixer' parameters (eg mute, volume, sends) seem to work fine.

Thanks!