MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:09 am
synaptyx wrote:Anybody know if AKAI are working on 2.10.1 'cos this is absolutely dire? :(

2.10.1 came out yesterday for MPC Software and MPC firmware, but the release notes don't specify what changes have been made specifically for the firmware, it's all about the MPC Software's support for the new MPC Studio.
By Ndecaro Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:49 am
Joblessjahbless wrote:Does anyone have a screen pop up that says MPC is not plugged in when you try to update firmware. I can’t seem to update the MPCONE hardware. Can someone explain where I **** up, because I can follow instructions. Maybe I turned on the computer or something I’m at the end of the rope and I’m ready to throw out the window. Thanks.
By kidkeitel Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:21 pm
Ndecaro wrote:
Joblessjahbless wrote:Does anyone have a screen pop up that says MPC is not plugged in when you try to update firmware. I can’t seem to update the MPCONE hardware. Can someone explain where I **** up, because I can follow instructions. Maybe I turned on the computer or something I’m at the end of the rope and I’m ready to throw out the window. Thanks.

Same here for the 2.10.1 update. This is my 2nd device. Ready to hang it up at the shooting range.
By jamos Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:12 pm
They have already released 2.10.1, no apparent bug fixes but it does have a new set of effects,
By synaptyx Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:49 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:2.10.1 came out yesterday for MPC Software and MPC firmware, but the release notes don't specify what changes have been made specifically for the firmware, it's all about the MPC Software's support for the new MPC Studio.

Thanks for that. Still showing 2.10.0 on the downloads on the Akai Pro site. Should I be signed up to some Akai Newsletter for these things?
*Edit - oh they just forgot to put the right link on the One Retro page. Ffs. lolol
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 am
synaptyx wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:2.10.1 came out yesterday for MPC Software and MPC firmware, but the release notes don't specify what changes have been made specifically for the firmware, it's all about the MPC Software's support for the new MPC Studio.

Thanks for that. Still showing 2.10.0 on the downloads on the Akai Pro site. Should I be signed up to some Akai Newsletter for these things?
*Edit - oh they just forgot to put the right link on the One Retro page. Ffs. lolol

If you have your MPC One connected via ethernet it will let you know there's an update available and if you wish it will download and install it for you.

BTW I don't think they've fixed any bugs, this seems purely to add the 'Touch FX' plugin.
By Straker Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:20 pm
jamos wrote:They have already released 2.10.1, no apparent bug fixes but it does have a new set of effects,

No new set of fx.
Just a touch fx to be used with the strip they put on new Mpc studio.
Which is quite useless because you have to enter the fx window on insert and enable it all the time to use it.
By NickW. Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:55 pm
When naming a project some of the characters do not light up so cannot be used. Does anyone else have this issue?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:21 pm
NickW. wrote:When naming a project some of the characters do not light up so cannot be used. Does anyone else have this issue?

Please try to be more specific, don't just say 'some of the characters', give examples of which characters cannot be used, state in which environment (standalone, mpc software etc).

Do you mean the special characters such as # and )? These are not allowed in file names and are only available when entering wifi passwords.
By eldomo Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:06 pm
Hi everyone,
One my brand new MPC One the Q-Link tab would not disappear after I've tweaked effect parameters on a given factory drum program pad (see picture below.)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rAXCph ... sp=sharing

the window popping up on the right would just stay there, and the screen would become unusable. The pads and the buttons remain, however, functional. There's simply no way I can make that screen go away and return to the business of working on my beat. I have to reboot the device, and hoping I won't have to edit effect parameters before lunchtime.

Steps leading to the issue:
1. Add an effect to a specific pad on the drum program (A03 in my case)
2. Select the granular delay (same issue with the ping ping delay and the AIR delay)
3. Tweak the effect parameters with the Q-Link knobs
4. Go back to the GRID mode by using the screen; the latter isn't responsive and, when using the buttons instead, I can go back to the grid mode (or any other mode for that matter,) but the Q-Link parameter tweak windows stays on top. Twisting the Q-link knobs works all right, but the screen is just ' staying behind' that Q-Link window.
5. The same issue occurred when I tried to automate effect parameters (I've tried with MIX %ages, mostly.)

Odd thing is: I've been using this unit for two weeks now and only today this problem started to appear. All I did today vs. yesterday was to dig into the song mode, and try to automate effect parameters. I hope I've missed a chapter in the Bible that tells you how to make that thing go away.

Thanks for creating and maintaining this post!

Cheers,
El Domo
By Melody*Souljah Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:21 am
I've just had to go through the whole thread to get to page 17 where my issue is brought up...

The q link info strip issue has happened to mine. I was using the q links to edit the start point of a sample. The time it took for the strip to disappear became longer until it didn't disappear and the touch screen became unresponsive. All hard buttons work, only the screen stopped. The work around of turning off the strip in settings seems to solve this. Having the strip was useful at times though.
I kinda wish I hadn't had to spend an evening getting to the answer, by page 16 I was beginning to think my issue was unique to my mpc!
By SakisX Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:51 pm
Qlink stacking is either hardware defect or no proper grounding , nothing to do with software bug
By Melody*Souljah Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:26 pm
Strange, because it's only happened after updating to 2.10.
Could you please explain the hardware or earthing (grounding) causes. Nothing in my set up changed except for updating. Thanks