MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Soleil Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:10 am
Crumb$ wrote:
Soleil wrote:I have the following issue:

After installing the new firmware my midi-controller doesn't work when I load a project I was working on.
Only when I start an empty project it works.
I have an Arturia Minilab MKII that works fine.

Know problem?
Cheers,
S

If you go in to Preferences and Midi settings, you should see your controller in the Input ports. See if you need to re-select it as Master. I had this earlier.

Yes, that has solved my problem!! :)
Many thanks! :worthy:
By Smackdee Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 am
Yeap there's definitely something wrong with the plugins.. Can't get the VST or AU to load in Cubase 11 and Logic(Mojave here) Cubase is saying it's not 64bit!!! Standalone app works fine...
By Mystic38 Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:45 am
I still don't get this mode of operation.. This new behaviour derives from the Force and now its moved over to the MPC line also.

For note entry in a 8x8 matrix, Push 2 is near perfect.. when you hit a pad(s), all other notes of the same pitch light, so you can easily see where you are across the matrix.. this is most helpful for two handed play. What would make this PERFECT would be that the root notes, when played, retained a distinguishing color from normal notes in the scale, as it does when unplayed.

I fail to see any benefit of the current method of keyboard "assist" on the Force at all.. I am assuming this is to "help" users less familiar with the 4ths layout, however:
a) You lose the location of the root note across the matrix (if played anywhere) as played notes are all the same color (not good)
b) you lose sight of pitch across the matrix (since all notes played, regardless of octave are lit)
c) play a root + chord and you have half the matrix lit..

it now appears the same applies to the MPC..the only good news is that the 16 pads are not that much use anyway for entering notes for chords so it is far less aggravating, but it would be great to know exactly who thought this was a good idea and why, because there is zero benefit and a lot of negatives in the current method.

if you are in the position to provide feedback and possible offer the "improved push 2" method as an option that would be appreciated

thanks and regards, Ian

MPC-Tutor wrote:
ACRE wrote:i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

apparently not a bug, by design.
By A_concerned_Viking Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:52 am
I have not been able to update my MPC One. Tried many ways via USB, SD card and PC. PC does not recognize when trying to update. Updated MPC Software Application to 2.10 and connected in controller mode. MPC One said I needed to update the firmware. Now it won't give me the option of updating from a USB or SD image and reboots into update image mode which will not see my computer witha direct USB connection. MPC software sees it just fine. WTF.
By marctronixx Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm
did you reset the machine?
always use the sd card method to update. the usb cable method has been scary from day one.
By MiNdOs Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:53 pm
I am using Windows 10 Home and I am unable to run the MPC software.
When I try to launch it, it appears in Task Manager, but never shows any GUI.
I didn't have any issues with MPC 2.9.
Also I am unable to load MPC 2.10 as a VST plugin. It tries to open it and the plugin crashes.

I used this installer "Install-MPC-v2.10-2.10.0.82-release-Windows". I was able to properly upgrade the firmware on my MPC One.

Let me know if anyone else is facing this issue and how to fix it.
By Lemmy Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:19 pm
I also can't load the 2.10 MPC software as a plugin, VST or Audiounit. Macos Mojave.
Working fine as standalone software.
Tried in Bitwig and Reaper.
By Sunshine at Night Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:01 pm
I've been lurking this thread for a couple of days and I am not 100% sure if people have been experiencing what I have:

I can no longer record my finger-drum performances when a track is muted. I've gone through all the different record-arm possibilities, messed around in preferences, and still can't find a way to keep my workflow going, which is integral to my performances.

For example, say I have a kick and snare running on track 1 for 4 beats. While it's looping, I go to track 2 [muted] and record a 4 beat hi hat pattern. When I feel it's appropriate, I can unmute track 2, and I do that over and over and over to keep jamming.

I can't do this now. I've spent way too much time digging around my MPC and on forums not to ask to the real source: MPC-Forums :P
By Col the Doctor Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:56 am
OK I'm pretty sure at this point that this is a bug and not user error:

TLDR: insert FX change when resampling.

Directions:
Open new project. Create plugin program, lets use a the clap synth since its good for pinging FX.
Create a clap with no tail so we don't get confused about where our reverb is coming from.
Open your sampler, set to resample L+R.
Drop an the AIR flanger into the sampler insert, set it up for a slow wandering thing with lots of feedback so we can clearly hear the LFO cycle, mix at 50% for maximum flange sound.
Now set up the auto sampler. As soon as it starts its routine, the flange has changed. Notice that the LFO resets with every note-on, and that the FX wet/dry has changed.
OK lets try the spring reverb. Set it to 100% wet.
Hit go on the autosampler and we can clearly hear the dry in the mix, and the diffusion has changed.

I feel like when we enter autosample mode, the insert FX are defaulting to some preset. But that still doesn't explain the LFO reset on the flange.

Hoping someone can recreate this and tell me it's all my mistake!
Cheers,
Colin
By RedW6lf Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:32 am
Phlip wrote:Re the mute bug discussion...Can’t reproduce here? Tested with 3 x tracks with same plugin program (& same preset) on those multiple tracks.

I can mute the separate tracks either by using the Mute page/pads.....or by tapping the onscreen Mute button in Main view....

If doing the latter you need to make sure you have Main’s little browser window on ‘tracks’ view (the little icon of 3 x track lanes) when hit ‘mute’, not ‘program’ (the little ‘4 x pad grid’ icon) view .....if Main’s browser window is on ‘program’ view, the mute button will mute the program across all tracks that are using it.

Dunno if that helps anyone or maybe I misunderstood the problem and been checking the wrong scenario?

Reference this video I created showing the issue if you haven't seen it already:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SQg5Wt ... SKAzB/view
By wavejockey Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:47 am
asconwe wrote:This isn't a new bug, but appears to still be an issue. When receiving midi on two different channels from the same device, note off events are applied to all tracks receiving midi from that device, regardless of midi channel.

Say you have a midi controller with keys and pads - the keys send notes on channel 1 and the pads send notes on channel 2. And say the mpc has plugin program01 armed and listening for midi from the controller on channel 1, and plugin program02 armed and listening for midi from the controller on channel 2. If you press and hold c0 on the keys, then tap and let go c0 on the pad, both notes (program01 and program02) will stop when you let go of the c0 pad.

now for the most important question : is this behavior recorded (in the respective tracks) and thus present at play?
By Neurone Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:45 am
I often export mixdowns at 96k from my DAW, then master them, then finally produce a file for upload or distribution at both 96k and 44.1k.
I exported a song from the MPC running v2.10 today at 96k and noticed that it had rendered tracks using certain effects (chorus, tremolo) with some very strange side effects.
Modulation was much deeper, pitch effects had doubled in extent and effects like reverb, the mix ratio had changed dramatically !!
Is this just v2.10 or has this been the case in earlier OS versions ?
Oh, and 44.1k was fine.
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:41 am
wavejockey wrote:
asconwe wrote:This isn't a new bug, but appears to still be an issue. When receiving midi on two different channels from the same device, note off events are applied to all tracks receiving midi from that device, regardless of midi channel.

Say you have a midi controller with keys and pads - the keys send notes on channel 1 and the pads send notes on channel 2. And say the mpc has plugin program01 armed and listening for midi from the controller on channel 1, and plugin program02 armed and listening for midi from the controller on channel 2. If you press and hold c0 on the keys, then tap and let go c0 on the pad, both notes (program01 and program02) will stop when you let go of the c0 pad.

now for the most important question : is this behavior recorded (in the respective tracks) and thus present at play?

Confirmed, can reproduce, happens live and is recorded on MPC's MIDI tracks as well. It looks like MIDI Note Off messages are not filtered by the track's input channel setting, only Note Ons are. Clearly a bug.

MPC-Tutor: could it be possible to open a separate forum area for bugs, where each bug has its own Topic thread, the opening post containing the repro? Having bugs non-itemized, non-linkable, non-trackable is very inefficient.

Like this. THIS BUG is still present in standalone MPC software version 2.10.0. Now it's possible to unambiguously refer to the bug, and even see replies related to it. And it will be possible to attach information to the bug, like if it's been fixed in some version in the future. And if the bug descriptions follow the simple structure, "(1) steps to reproduce, (2) actual result, (3) expected result", it will greatly help to clarify what the bug is about, and even be able to tell if the user's expectations were incorrect, meaning that they can't use the software or perhaps there's something to be improved in the user interface or the documentation. In other words: (1) what I did, (2) what happened, (3) what SHOULD HAVE happened in my opinion.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:42 am
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:MPC-Tutor: could it be possible to open a separate forum area for bugs, where each bug has its own Topic thread, the opening post containing the repro? Having bugs non-itemized, non-linkable, non-trackable is very inefficient.

I get what you are saying, but Akai already have an internal bug tracking system and I think it's well beyond the scope of this forum to try to set up an additional bug tracking system for their software, this is an end-user discussion forum.

As stated previously, we have a bunch of us here who are also beta testers and we will report what people post here (as long as we can re-create the issue), we have a dedicated reporting system for this - Akai can then add it to their own bug tracker as they see fit