MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By srednivashtar Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:34 pm
I've suddenly run into an issue recording new tracks - it's not an issue with the recording mute.

I have a drum kit on Track 01 and a Hype plugin on 02, and any different plugin on Track 03. Once I've initially loaded in the second plug-in, I can hear the notes, but as soon as I've pressed play in order to accompany the first two tracks the pads (or my MPK mini) cut out; the levels indicate a note is being played (and MIDI is being received). If recording, the MPC One will record the note data, but there's no sound at all during recording or playback. Any suggestions?

This is a new project, built in 2.10.
By Droe33 Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:13 am
Had a crash today. First time I think I've ever truly had one in the 3 years of having my X.
I was taking breaking, resampling/flattening pads then when I went to chop or flatten a pad it crashed. I cant exactly what was my last step before the crash but i literately only loaded one break into the machine.

No big deal. But I'm gonna look into it.
By Straker Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:17 pm
On autosampler, if I use just the first layer and I lower the velocity to 100, the resulting keygroup will have only a few bad sounding notes and the rest of notes will be empty.
It doesn't matter which sound I am sampling and all other autosampler parameters are not affecting that.
Not sure if it was the same on past updates because I used it only with 2.10.
By tinyboi Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:59 pm
I have the MPC ONE now with the 2.10 update and all synth content installed.

I have problems with the looper, where it would take unusually long to save a loop, sometimes not working at all.

I have yet to find a workaround for this issue.

Im using the focusrite 2i2 gen 2 over usb, but i would be surprised to hear that this could cause that problem. :hmmm:
By Revdjpriest Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:50 pm
I’ve had multiple crashes…. Usually triggered on [mpc one] pressing shift while playing. Tbh I’m doing some stupid stuff with it… soundcraft 12 mtk as usb audio device, routing audio back in so mpc acting as sequencer and inset Fx. Minilogue xd sequenced over usb midi. Powered midi hub. And a modular synth sequenced over cv. Then live jamming… and sometimes picking up a track on live looper without stopping anything then dropping it to a pad which has a trigger already set up for the loop. But the only time it seems to crash is when I hit the shift button. Seems ok if I press menu then select from the screen the looper.

The other thing I’ve noticed is if not using a usb hub with power, sometimes mpc loses the soundcraft mixer as the audio over usb device. Hope that helps someone.
By Monotremata Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:01 pm
nicoladalsacco wrote:VST AU plugin works on Bigsur and Logic. at this point the problem is mojave with the plugin

Yep, seems to be all the folks having issues are running Mojave or one of the Sierra's. Everyone else that's up to date is working fine. For all we know Akai may have dropped support for those since Apple did the same, but I cant find a requirements list for the software anywhere anymore.
By jabberwalky Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:18 pm
I'm struggling with this thing honestly. Glaring oversights left & right. Why is a midi keyboard not also able to select pads when doing sequence edits?

I have a pattern for a cello I'm messing with. I want to delete just a single note from the sequence. Going to erase, or sequence erase and you cannot select that specific note with any midi device. Only the built-in pads are able to select the notes you want. Yes, I'm aware there are other ways to do this, in grid view. But this is just a complete oversight in the way it functions. Makes zero sense.
By Anton Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:56 am
I have a few issues to report about. They were discovered on MPC X, however they might be the case for there devices too.

1) Channel Assignment in the Looper discards changes.

Whenever I use the Looper and assign certain input channels (let's say mono channel 1 instead of the default channel 1,2) once I leave the looper menu it discards all the changes made. Eg. When I start a project, go to the looper, assign input channel 1 and navigate to main menu, once I open the looper again it will have Input Channel 1,2 instead of Channel 1 assigned before. It never happened with the previous versions of MPC. Back then, the settings I assigned in the looper menu would have stayed until I assign new settings or open a different project.

2) New Plugin instruments disappeared from the standalone version.

As soon as I installed the update I was willing to check new plugin instruments. I did so and was quite delighted with them. Never used them ever after. However, today, when I thought that I might need a Hype synth for my project I was surprised to find out all those instruments went missing in the plugin menu. Where did it all go and why have they disappeared? I still can see them on MPC Software on my laptop, but not on the MPC X in the standalone anymore. What should I do?
By JudasBrain Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:39 pm
Updated my ONE and while going through tracks made prior, noticed samples using 16 levels/notes weren’t playing or were completely glitched out. Can play the pads/sample without the sequence playing and it sounds fine, but when I record it glitches again. Tried same drum program on a different track and does the exact same thing.

Was on the phone with AKAI as they were asking me to send videos. While recording a velocity descending horn stab, one note glitched. I deleted that note from the grid and copy/pasted a good one, yet in playback it STILL retains the glitched note! Waiting on AKAI team, but anyone here run into this…?
By antismap Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:14 am
Hi, I have a problem with a specific sample that I recorded on the mpc one. When I play this sample in a drum program and add some effect on the pad (like a filter) and modulate the cutoff It gets all glitched up and the pitch changes. This happens only with this specific sample. Did you also get this issue ? Here is the sample:
https://easyupload.io/7hf54a
By ds1472 Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:29 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:Internal error when loading bundled Factory drum programs. Steps to repeat:

- New Project
- Press Play
- Select a track and set it up for a drum program
- Browse for drum programs
- Select one of the factory presets
- Turn off auditioning
- Load the selected drum program

REPEAT ENOUGH TIMES
- MAIN
- Select the loaded drum program
- Play the selected drum program
- Press UNDO twice to get back to the Browser
- Select another factory preset drum program
- Press Load

When you repeat this enough times, the MPC will crash, "internal error" etc.

Where is the feature to collect a crash dump and send it to Akai?

I had something similar happen last night. I was starting a project and loaded one of the vintage kits from the Vault 2.0, started recording/overdubbing the first track and hitting undo. Then I noticed the kick sample sounding different when hitting the pad. Got the same internal error message, and now every time I load the kit the kick samples sound like the glitchy ones right before it crashed. Did this happen with your sounds as well?