MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:06 am
Okay, time to start posting up your bug reports for MPC 2.10. Please list them with a step-by-step recreation where possible and if we can confirm the bug I'll get them added to the official beta forum.

PLEASE READ OR SEARCH THIS ENTIRE THREAD BEFORE POSTING A BUG. We are seeing the same bugs posted about continually, especially the 'cannot record to tracks' bug. There is a workaround, see 7 posts down!

BTW, don't forget, if you have any issues, try resetting your preferences. More info here:

https://www.mpc-tutor.com/fixing-mpc-fi ... de-errors/

(But remember this will set all your favourite settings back to defaults, so you'll need to re-enble them afterwards)
By Dan___Solo Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:12 am
I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery
By Drew Hamlett Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:01 pm
Half time seems to behave erratically when recording. If I just hit play it's fine, but if I add a metronome countdown it's all wonky.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:42 pm
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Can't reproduce this, just tested with some mpc2500 PGM files. These were made in the free JJOS, but shouldn't matter. If you're happy to upload one of these PGMs to dropbox or similar, I'll try them to see what's what.
By 5th Seal Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:50 pm
I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.
By golfdogz Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:53 pm
Dan___Solo wrote:I have many Drum programs as PGM from back when i was using MPC 2500. In the Firmware 2.9 they worked with no issues. In 2.10 when i load a PGM file the MPC just freezes and bricks until a hard reset. The buttons remain lit even after the screen goes black. This was reproduced in 100% of attempts with different PGM files. Tested on power brick and battery

Same. Although not 100 percent of the time. But did happen after a freeze reboot from using the mellotron and hype plugins. But loading pgm (from ssd) bricked the machine until hard reset.
By 83dude Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:54 pm
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

Did you make sure the correct track was armed?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:07 pm
83dude wrote:
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

Did you make sure the correct track was armed?

There is a bug which is disabling record arm on tracks immediately upon loading a legacy project.

If it does happen, the workaround is to manually arm the track and at that point all tracks in the project are armed by default (i.e. armed upon selecting them). Another way around it is to scroll through all the sequences in the project and eventually the tracks magically become armed.

I haven't seen it any any completely new projects yet, so far it only happens on legacy projects.

EDIT: this is also triggered by clearing a sequence: MAIN > pencil icon > CLEAR. Upon hitting this, all tracks across the enter project are disarmed by default. Again, re-arming one track should fix this across the entire project.

There are also reports of this randomly happening at other times, such as changing track type etc. Rest assured we are reporting this to Akai.
By SakisX Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:57 pm
@MPC-Tutor , could you add the need to reset preferences after the update on the first post?
By ACRE Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:07 pm
i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

By Synthetica Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:10 pm
When I start a new empty project, Create a plugin Track and Plugin Program, and choose any plugin. Pressing a pad results in 2 or 3 pads playing, or lighting up on every pad press almost like the pads are layered. If i go into Notes it is set to single notes not chords, but still acts like it is playing chords. Any else experiencing this or can duplicate?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:20 pm
ACRE wrote:i got a bug ? or a new behaviour on the pads
this happens in : MIDI , CV & PLUGIN programs ( not in DRUM & CLIP programs )
when i press a pad, it triggers all the same notes ... i press C3 = it lits : C4 C5 C6 & so on ...
i never had this before updating.
it might not be a bug as it lits every C's or any chosen note on the whole octave range

apparently not a bug, by design.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:22 pm
Synthetica wrote:When I start a new empty project, Create a plugin Track and Plugin Program, and choose any plugin. Pressing a pad results in 2 or 3 pads playing, or lighting up on every pad press almost like the pads are layered. If i go into Notes it is set to single notes not chords, but still acts like it is playing chords. Any else experiencing this or can duplicate?

Are you actually hearing chords in notes mode, or is it just visual lighting up of multiple pads, like the previous post?