MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By HouseWithoutMouse Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:45 am
I tried to say, for regular forum users, bugs cannot be listed, searched, referred to etc. Expecting everyone to read through dozens of pages of forum threads is not realistic. It is not possible that the list of a total of seven (7) known issues listed in V2.10.0 release notes is Akai's complete list of open bugs. Why does everyone need to keep re-asking has such and such bug been fixed? Why do they ask others to try and reproduce? Why is it necessary that people may not even know if Akai is aware of the issue or not? It makes no sense. I'm thinking, everyone should file service requests at Akai when they think there's something wrong. If Akai wastes their customers' time, it has to go the other way too.
By Grant Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:48 pm
MPC plug in not loading here on Mac either - Standalone works fine, software works as expected and is fully authorised.

Won't load in Pro Tools 11 (error message saying the plug in is not authorised)

Pro Tools 12 won't load unless MPC plug-in is removed to unused plug ins folder

Ableton 11 - plug in (VST) simply doesn't show in browser. Trying to load the AU version crashes Live.

Running Mojave - latest version.
By D3v14NT Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:11 pm
Mike Boogie wrote:Not sure if this is actually a bug but I tried to install 2.10 update software on my Win7 studio PC and the installer won't even run. Even after manually running it, the program corrupts and won't start.

I know it's not exactly on the supported list but 2.9.1 ran with zero issues on Win7 for me.

Having same issue on 2 different PCs, both running Win 7, immediately pops up with an error "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000005). Click OK to close the application."
By PAUL JOSE Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 pm
I have crackling noises then my mpc freezes completely...., when I restart, I have the message "internal sound card fault"
By DonArtyone Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:52 am
I’m having midi issues. The update went smooth and I was able to add the new synths just fine. When I start a new project everything appears to be in order. Open up a project from before the update and I can’t record midi from the pads or from synths I have hooked up via usb. I hit record arm or hit over dub, hit play start, and start finger drumming or playing keys and nothing gets recorded in the grid. I have to go to the third tab on the track inspector and hit the record arm to get it to work. Never had to do that before. It was a pretty jarring experience. And new projects don’t do that. Just the projects I started before the update.
By omegatron Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Does anyone read the previous posts in this topic before they post a bug?

I could actually hear you sighing then.. :Sigh:
By PAUL JOSE Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:00 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:Does anyone read the previous posts in this topic before they post a bug?

yes same result after : 10 reboot/ disconneted all usb hardware/ and 5 reset/ 2 mail@ akai servicedesk / no answer...) : next step downgrade to 2.9.1.....
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:16 am
- Erase / "Note" and Erase "Except Note" seem to do the same thing: erase all notes. According to the manual, "Except Note erases everything except pad events from the designated time range."
- In List Edit, if the first event is Aftertouch, it cannot be deleted. If it's a note, then it can be deleted.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:56 am
PAUL JOSE wrote:

yes same result after : 10 reboot/ disconneted all usb hardware/ and 5 reset/ 2 mail@ akai servicedesk / no answer...) : next step downgrade to 2.9.1.....

I was referring to the 'can't record notes' problem in legacy projects that we've already posted a fix for (i.e. re-arm and re-save the project).
By matt underwood Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:08 pm
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

i have/had the same problem with my mpc one after updating to 2.10. now i just found a easy workaround to fix this problem, especially regarding older projects. first i tried to reset my mpc preferences, but this didn't worked, so i had the idea that the update could have some struggles with the older save files/projects.

i tried to open a older project, then right after the project was open i saved it and reopened the project again.. and voilà this fixed the problem. now i can record and over dub my tracks again. u just have to save ur above 2.10 projects in 2.10 and reopen them.

hope u all understand what i try to say here.. my english is not the best one. ;)
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:49 pm
matt underwood wrote:
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

i have/had the same problem with my mpc one after updating to 2.10. now i just found a easy workaround to fix this problem, especially regarding older projects. first i tried to reset my mpc preferences, but this didn't worked, so i had the idea that the update could have some struggles with the older save files/projects.

i tried to open a older project, then right after the project was open i saved it and reopened the project again.. and voilà this fixed the problem. now i can record and over dub my tracks again. u just have to save ur above 2.10 projects in 2.10 and reopen them.

hope u all understand what i try to say here.. my english is not the best one. ;)

This was discussed on the first page of this thread - resaving the project seems to be the fix, but be aware there are other ways that this issue can occur mid-project, it isn't just limited to loading older projects (e.g. clearing sequences):

viewtopic.php?p=1832605#p1832605
By Caio Formiga Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:36 pm
Hi guys, I'm new here!

I just updated my MPC to the new 2.10

I don't now if this is a "bug" or just a fail in the new software project, but I used to use a lot an option (it was a folder written MPC at the top right) that allowed me to show contents of saved projects. That way I could load a program from other project.

I searched all the options to see if there was a new one to do this, but I couldn't find... :?
By HouseWithoutMouse Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:03 pm
In Audio Edit Mode, if there are multiple track regions, select the first region and EDIT END point of the region. It only grows, you cannot make it smaller. If you turn the dial counter-clockwise, nothing happens, but turn it clockwise and the region grows. For other regions, editing the end point seems to work both ways. It SHOULD work even for the first region.

Steps to reproduce. New project. Audio. Record audio. Edit audio. Split your audio in the middle. Select the first region. EDIT END. Try to make it smaller. No workie. Should workie.