MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By softroom Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:18 pm
A new user here, updated to 2.10 and hoping to avoid rookie ignorance.
I note that, for bank select, you can set the MSB to 'off' but not the LSB. Seems either illogical or a bug.
I also note that the sampling monitoring status defaults to 'off' on power up, even for projects saved with it active. Not ideal if you wanted to use the inputs for general mixing of instruments that you regularly sample.
By Cerebralvortex Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:32 am
Using Sequence->Insert Bars to create bars of an alternate time signature is buggy since 2.10.

Reproduce:;

Say we want a 4 bar sequence of 7/4 time.
Insert 4 bars of 7/4 time before bar 1 of a default 2 bar sequence of 4/4 time.
To get 4 bars of 7/4 you should now be able to delete bars 5-6
Instead you find the 4/4 bars are still bars 1&2.
Deleting them instead deletes the first 2 bars of 7/4 time
Deleting the last 2 bars deletes the last 2 bars of 7/4 time,
so it is impossible to delete the original 2 bars 4/4 time.
Continuing to remove bars and adding new ones can result in even stranger behaviour.

Workaround:

Copy only the required 7/4 bars to a new sequence.
By enzyme Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:06 pm
Just had my project bug out on me randomly. On a drum track, I have short silent parts at the end of sections (which should be silent), but when the playhead passes theres a continuation of the drums sounds.

It sounds like they are running through completely different effects and the sound fades out across couple of bars. It should be silent, theres not even any notes there AND I even put in notes with zero velocity to force silence, still no dice, the original issue is still there.

Not sure what else is relevant as it seems to have happened randomly, but any insight is appreciated. Or advice on how to restore my drum track, seems a bit extreme to have to rebuild it from scratch :WTF:
By enzyme Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:25 pm
enzyme wrote:Just had my project bug out on me randomly.

Ok I sort of figured it out but its still a bug of some kind I think. A bunch of empty tracks that contain midi data, all defaulted to my drum program for some reason. Even setting them all to no program and then saving didn't fix it, after powering off and restarting/reloading, all the empty tracks defaulted to the drum program again :hmmm:
By antismap Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:36 pm
Probably already posted.. stumbled on this the other day on the MPC one in standalone.
I got a track a lot of notes (example: a drum break that I duplicated over 256 bars)
I then opened the grid view and jammed on the pads: the UI completely froze.
This was due to the option where hitting a pad selects all notes of this pad in the grid. I guess it doesn't keep up with all the notes that I had in the track.
Disabling this option fixed the issue.
By velo Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:14 pm
I have an issue with 2.10.1 on MPC One, where the Track filtering for the input port in Preferences>Midi/Sync does not work:
I have some Notes in a Midi Track that sends to a Roland JU06a via USB. The USB Midi device has deactivated (black) Master, Control and Track for Input Port and activated (white) Sync and Track for Output Port. The Roland has its internal Arpeggiator active and synced.
Now, if I have a Drum Program on a different Track and do a Note Repeat on 16th or 32s, the Drum Samples get triggered by the Roland’s Arpeggio Notes :WTF:
Setting the Drums channel strip Midi Input to <None> does not even change this…

I thought I was going crazy, but I can reproduce this from an empty program 100% of the time.
By velo Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:23 pm
To add to the weirdness of this bug:
It happens with Note Repeat at 1/32, and 1/64 as well as 1/4T, 1/8T, 1/16T. It does not seem to happen at 1/4 until 1/16 without T.

I could also reproduce the same behaviour with a Novation Peak over USB as long as the Arpeggiator sends Midi Out.

I find this quite disturbing. Can some one try to reproduce it?
By velo Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:13 pm
I find this quite disturbing. Can some one try to reproduce it?

Well I just reproduced the same issue on my X.

So yeah, what the heck is wrong with the MIDI implementation?

I’m honestly lacking good theories why Note Repeat and Track filtering show this kind of interaction. Must be some spaghetti of multiprocessing and special casing for odd/fast timing correction? Either way, I’m sad to find this and glad I don’t need to refactor this for a fix…
By Cerebralvortex Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:09 pm
Possibly related to my other bug report post about alternate time signature issues.

Creating a sequence with mixed time such as 1 bar 4/4 followed by 1 bar of 3/4, populating this with midi then copying the bars to another sequence does not work properly. The sequence copies fine but all bars are now 4/4 even when 'replace' is selected rather than 'merge'. This wouldn't be as bad if the notes kept their relationship in time but actually gaps are inserted to transform 3/4 into 4/4. So copying with multiples results in gaps.

This combined with my other reported bug makes it very difficult to work in anything other than 4/4 time.

I seem to recall this was not a problem in earlier firmware versions, so broken in 2.10.1

Tested on MPC X
By magnusson Fri May 06, 2022 7:02 pm
Using the MPC Live 2 in Controller Mode with my M1 Macbook Pro. I have several MIDI tracks and one audio track in a sequence. The audio track plays as expected until I walk away from the laptop and it goes to sleep. When I come back and wake it up, the audio track no longer plays, even though it's unmuted. If I save, quit, and reopen the project the track plays again.
By Kryz Tue May 10, 2022 4:17 pm
The audition window where you can preview the samples doesn't work properly.

The sync and warp mode are not working in any sampler i've tried.

I remember this feature working in older firmwares, not sure at all, i've been working with fixed tempo loops and was not using this feature until today.

I see some people posting this issue before and giving computer based solutions to bypass this problem.

I work in standalone and i set correctly the audition settings parameters, also tested with different warp algorithms in main settings and i can't make it work.

Tried certified expansions from mpc some wav loops of RAW bunddle and no lucky to can preview synced loops in the BPM main/sequence tempo.
By handed Thu May 12, 2022 10:17 am
Posted this elsewhere but just found this thread.

Bug: Legato doesn't work with glide/portamento for keygroups

Has anyone else noticed this? When a key group program is set to Mono with Portamento and Legato turned on, the Legato toggle doesn't seem to do anything. Hold down C3 and press D3 and the sample retriggers from the beginning when it should seamlessly glide to a new pitch. Expected behaviour is that it should glide the pitch without retriggering the sample. If not, then what is the Legato parameter supposed to affect?
By Calcaire Thu May 12, 2022 11:50 am
not a bug, the legato parameter activate the glide/portamento only when you play one note legato to another...

It is just a "legato based glide activation "... your samples and enveloppe are anyway retriggered at each sample.
Useful for going to the first note played directly without portamento, then glide only the notes that are played legato

MPC is lacking of the "no retrig on legato playing" function...