MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By BeatWilson Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:14 pm
I know.. That midi bug is a bummer... I'm really hoping for an update soon with some fixes. This has been a pretty buggy update...
By Calcaire Wed Feb 23, 2022 10:19 pm
chrismayall wrote:Hello!
There's a bug with the MIDI learn functionality

Mapping parameters on the insert effects of Master bus and Submixes works fine, but when the unit is turned off and on again, it becomes unmapped - the CC entry is retained but the 'Source' is set to 'none and target set to 'Off'.

I am attempting to map the Frequency value of High Pass and Low Pass filters to an external MIDI controller, on the master bus and on several submixes. 'Mixer' parameters (eg mute, volume, sends) seem to work fine.

Thanks!

Yes very documented bug, appears also on QLINKS settings when in "PROJECT" tab .... No way to save those MASTER/ RETURN/ SUBMIXES inserts mappings with the project.

Workaround i've found, because I work on a one big Live set full of sequences ( so no project change during a gig) is to get them back quickier at start

So:
- Remake all of your assignments and midi learns. Don't save yet. Play and check everything works as expected

- On MIDI LEARN page : select every buggy mappings, just put back the "parameter" assignment to empty/zero, and keep the source ( e.g MASTER, INSERT 1) ... this bug appears when defining a precise parameter, but not when defining only the Master , Return or Submix insert ....

-Then you save the project.
- When opening it again : you will see in MIDI LEARN hat you just have the PARAMETER to dial back, it will already be adressed to the good source (Master Insert 1 for exampleà° , so just one quick jog dial on every mapping and you're done.

Sorry bad english, hope it helps.... I now get back my 16 Return and submix midi learns in 1mn... because it has retained the place, i just have to put back the insert parameter...
By Bradley Smith Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:23 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:
Bradley Smith wrote:I've seen the following MIDI bugs reported repeatedly:

1. Note OFF events for one note on one track/channel are sent to ALL devices/midi channels

I understand this bug now and have been able to reproduce it. Sent a support request in to Akai (for what it's worth).

I have had a response. They explained how to correctly set up my Akai MPK Mini Controller Keyboard...

FFS. I calmed down and reported the bug explicitly rather than trying to explain how to reproduce it. I do not intend to stop responding until I have it acknowledged.
By Yerbalist Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:51 am
@Calcaire this might really help, I hate assigning all stuff from ground zero every time, especially that I work with multiple projects. Will check this out back home today
By misterflibble Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:42 pm
Bradley Smith wrote:I have had a response. They explained how to correctly set up my Akai MPK Mini Controller Keyboard...

I'm shocked you even got a response.
By enzyme Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:21 am
Re: the MIDI note off bug when using multiple channels...

I ran into this bug a couple of days ago, trying to send out 4 channels of MIDI to some hardware, the MIDI monitor clearly showed lots of notes off, and there were notes dropping like crazy. I re-set all the correct settings then power cycled the MPC and then suddenly everything was working fine. Obviously, many people have had this bug and I'm certain at least some are going to have tried rebooting, I'm just saying what I experienced. Whenever there is a change to audio/midi settings, a quick reboot seems to help things stick, and in that specific case, I was able to use multi channel MIDI for the duration of that session without any further problems.
By cubilas Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:58 pm
I have encountered a pretty major bug in the MPC 2.10 software.
When using the Expansion Manager to Export expansions;
Clicking the "Select All" button only selects around half of the installed expansions.
After manually selecting all of the expansions and clicking 'Export,' once the software has "completed" the export, there are files missing. This happens mainly when exporting SD cards inserted in the MPC. This can range from a few files all the way up to multiple gigabytes.
I have no idea why this happens.
By Grouphome Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:44 am
Will we ever see an update for the firmware?
These bugs are driving me crazy.
Auditioning wav files give me errors and strange audio behavior.
Random audio dropouts and distortion. With minimal cpu usage.
The crashes while loading older programs.

common Akai. Step up!!
By BostonGreen Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:40 am
Grouphome wrote:Will we ever see an update for the firmware?

common Akai. Step up!!

Do you have warp turned on in audition settings? This often causes distortion and other strange audio if it's trying to warp a large/long file
By Grouphome Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:46 pm
BostonGreen wrote:
Grouphome wrote:Will we ever see an update for the firmware?

common Akai. Step up!!

Do you have warp turned on in audition settings? This often causes distortion and other strange audio if it's trying to warp a large/long file

No this is turned off. Strange behavior. Is there an option to do it with warp on?
In standalone mode i cant seem to find it.
By Ultros Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:09 pm
The through put of your disk is too slow. Auditions arent loaded into memory, they are "disk streamed" it opens and io descriptor to your usb card or sd card or whatever and then reads / plays. (as far as i know)

for example. noticed these issues dont stem from the sounds residing on the internal? its because the internal emmc has enough bandwidth. Perhaps your storage media is dying. That's the first thing to look at. Filesystem / disk health.
By Grouphome Mon Mar 28, 2022 5:46 pm
The disk has been checked. Its an SSD drive.
I've got 1 brand new SSD drive that I installed last week. Copied a few folders with sounds. And gave me the same stupid problems
By Lampdog Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:26 pm
Are the sounds the exact formats that MPC accept?
By MPC-Tutor Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:39 am
Grouphome wrote:The disk has been checked. Its an SSD drive.
I've got 1 brand new SSD drive that I installed last week. Copied a few folders with sounds. And gave me the same stupid problems

This does sound more like a hardware issue, this is not a known software bug. Are you experiencing this when using a decent quality, class 10 SD card? How about when using a USB drive? Did you format the SSD in the MPC (which is known to be problematic at times)? If not, which formatting did you use?
By Grouphome Tue Mar 29, 2022 5:17 pm
The last drive I formatted was in FAT32 mode via my macbook.
Also, this behavior started after the last update.
I dont want to go back to an older firmware. The newer functions are just too cool.
But these bugs are driving me crazy.