MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By xanaxunder Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:48 am
Hello!

- Here I can not record audio onto the mpc while slaved to a Model12, with the M12 as interface : all the recrod arming buttons are greyed as soon as I press record. It does not happen when the interface is disconnected. It wroked fine BEFµORE the update.

- Audio from the MPC has fails when the MPC is slave of a midi chain and with the 32 outputs activated.

sent that to a contact at Akai, but for now each new feature . (but the synths). is pretty much useless to me as audio is **** when external interface is connected.
By Monotremata Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:35 pm
Keys me wrote:Hallo!
Ich habe bereits mehrfach versucht, das komplette 2.10 Update von der Akai-Page downzuladen Soweit funktioniert auch alles. Leider gibt es mit dem Solina Plugin ein Problem. Es wird leider nicht von meiner Live Mk 1 erkannt. Bei genauerer Überprüfung habe ich festgestellt, dass der Solina-Ordner zwar den Contentordner in einer knapp 96000kb .big Datei enthält, es fehlen aber der Plugin Skins und der Presetordner. Falls hier schonder Fehler liegt, wäre es toll, wenn mir jemand die fehlenden Ordner oder den gesamten Ordner für das Solina Plugin zukommen lassen könnte.
Vielen, vielen Dank
Kai Förster

You might want to rephrase that auf Englisch bitte..
By vkinetic Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:30 pm
In Clip Programs, pressing a pad (any pad with a clip) starts playback instead of just playing the clip
By foxes Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:17 pm
mpace wrote:

Dude...not worth it ----3.5 is when it will work.... and better not upgrade then;)))

Just installed a new bought Live 2 with fresh everything in 2.9 even fresh Mojave install because I thought I was hallucinating. Returned the unit after a few days of troubleshooting with customer support.

Support is actually nice and supportive!!! But they are no software developers. The problem is AKAI saving on software testing and trying to be competitve instead of reliable.

Support sent me old versions (2.8) factory content etc. They day I tried the new unit 2.10 came out, some bugs gone but a ton of other bugs.

The M1 thing coming up is causing a lot of problems with updates with many companies. Sonarworks is another example.

but in AKAIs case this happens every year.

So as usual, wait a few versions until you can actually use you're unit!

Bought my X in 2017 and in 2019-20 it was actually enjoyable for what was advertised for some time until some new untested update comes out and screws up your system. 2021 they drop live 2 and ONE and devalue the X from 1300 to 950 second hand just by putting all the stuff you bought the X for in their cheapest unit.

Will never drop my MPCs though but that's Roger Linn's achievement. I am addicted to that workflow. Inmusicbrands did a lot for AKAI and us, but I would like them to really appreciate the fact that this is supposed to be the most reliable unit in your system.

My 4000 was the sturdiest thing I ever had. They used to be tanks back then.

Go with time, be competitve. Allgood. But being reliable is why people will always by Rolexes!!

AKAI should be up there as brand!! And we should keep them in check for that and not be their cheap beta testers and get hated on for not reading through 20 pages of bug posts.

I'm just sayin AKAI...you know I love ya!!

Thanks for the heads up mpace.

Has anyone got the AAX, AU or VST plugins to work on any OS (Mac or Windows)?
By HouseWithoutMouse Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:58 pm
Internal error when loading bundled Factory drum programs. Steps to repeat:

- New Project
- Press Play
- Select a track and set it up for a drum program
- Browse for drum programs
- Select one of the factory presets
- Turn off auditioning
- Load the selected drum program

REPEAT ENOUGH TIMES
- MAIN
- Select the loaded drum program
- Play the selected drum program
- Press UNDO twice to get back to the Browser
- Select another factory preset drum program
- Press Load

When you repeat this enough times, the MPC will crash, "internal error" etc.

Where is the feature to collect a crash dump and send it to Akai?
By foxes Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:59 pm
Monotremata wrote:
foxes wrote:Has anyone got the AAX, AU or VST plugins to work on any OS (Mac or Windows)?

Works fine here on MacOS in both Logic and Ableton Live 11.

Good to know, thanks.

V2.10?

And what OS?
By Smurphio Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:44 pm
Wow, what a fail!!!! Midi control IS NOT WORKING how it used. Specifically when assigning the insert fx to the rotary knobs. I have a LP filter on insert 1 of an audio track. When I start tweaking it starts going berserk. Happens about 50% of the time. Soon after the controls start going crazy the MPC freezes. Have to do a hard reset. Happened to me at my show last night. This is unacceptable. Should I go back to 2.9.1? This never happened before?
By 303TNT Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:50 am
i recorded a loop in looper and when i saved it the savescreen didn't show it was doing anything and didn't go away. When i pressed cancel it went away and the sample was saved anyway.
And one time the pop-up q-link buttons didn't show my motion, while they did work normally
By MikeNizo808 Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:06 pm
Smurphio wrote:the MPC freezes. Have to do a hard reset. Happened to me at my show last night.

Running 2.10 for a live show is risky unless you use 5-pin MIDI DIN and set the 2.10 device to receive MIDI Clock from a dependable 2.9.1 or other device. This way, a beat can still be playing even if the 2.10 dies.
By Mid rock Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:04 pm
NewYorkGritty wrote:Touch screen not working

I have a problem like this too
my mpc one was working best and i was so in love with it and i was never updating it cause of exact problem that i have now
people was saying they were losing keys and pads after updates and i was never risk it until they said 2.10 is the best so i took a shot and update it and in the middle of seeing whats new i was pushing pad 1 and it just hang about a second or two and after that pad 1 just not working
well im kinda thankful that its just pad 1 and its still functional cause i bought it from another country and i cant send it anywhere but its kinda bummer cause its kinda brand new
(I tried reset and updating again..not working)
By T-Monk Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:39 pm
SOULMAN wrote:Hello everyone
I noticed that when you edit a sample
return you to the main screen

the qlink information changes ... the screen control displays totally different information???!!

after return in main mode ( screen control) qlink

Where is my strength function ???!!!!

I think I’ve run across this too. Make sure that you exit the 2nd page of the sample edit screen. There’s a new sample edit sub-page that you get to with a right arrow at the bottom of the screen that allows you to edit the tempo, but when I jump from that page out to edit a program, the q-links seem to be stuck in the sample edit page. In sample edit, jump back to the left sub-page (the one from pre-2.10) and it should work.