MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By researchintospeed Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:45 am
Rolling back the firmware is the same process as updating. Find the installer version you want and follow the regular process.

At the moment the trick seems to be finding 2.9.1...

2.9 is on the Akai site, but it also had a few bugs that were squashed in the .1 version.

Anyone got a link to an Akai download of 2.9.1?

phdbeats wrote:
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

This same thing is happening to me, and it is honestly driving me crazy. I am going to downgrade to 2.9 until Akai gets this sorted out. How do I go about downgrading? Thanks man.
By Crumb$ Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:51 am
phdbeats wrote:
5th Seal wrote:I upgraded to the 2.10 and now I can't record or over dub anything from the projects I was working on in 2.9 :hmmm: WTF! I was in the middle of a session and thought I'd do a quick update and go back to what I was working on. When I updated to 2.10 and pressed record... nothing.. its recording , but when I hit the pads or keys. It wont record the events. Does any one have 2.9 for the software? I already went back to 2.9 on my MPC LIVE now i'm trying to get the software back to 2.9.

This same thing is happening to me, and it is honestly driving me crazy. I am going to downgrade to 2.9 until Akai gets this sorted out. How do I go about downgrading? Thanks man.

I had this happen earlier when I opened up some old projects. Then I saw that in the Main view, on my Track the Record wasn't armed. That's all it is, hope that fixes it for you. I think someone mentioned this solution up above... /\
By Crumb$ Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 am
Soleil wrote:I have the following issue:

After installing the new firmware my midi-controller doesn't work when I load a project I was working on.
Only when I start an empty project it works.
I have an Arturia Minilab MKII that works fine.

Know problem?
Cheers,
S

If you go in to Preferences and Midi settings, you should see your controller in the Input ports. See if you need to re-select it as Master. I had this earlier.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:29 am
Crumb$ wrote:
phdbeats wrote:This same thing is happening to me, and it is honestly driving me crazy. I am going to downgrade to 2.9 until Akai gets this sorted out. How do I go about downgrading? Thanks man.

I had this happen earlier when I opened up some old projects. Then I saw that in the Main view, on my Track the Record wasn't armed. That's all it is, hope that fixes it for you. I think someone mentioned this solution up above... /\

Yes it seems sequences made on previous firmwares can load with tracks disarmed, hence unable to record/overdub new events. Re-arm and re-save the project should hopefully fix this, but needs further investigation.
By mxeyerolls Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:20 am
MIDI Learn doesn't save entries properly for submix, return, or output channel insert effect parameters. I have a Novation LaunchControl XL that I use for on-the-fly stuff in live settings, and my projects have had those settings wiped out--the entries are still there with the assigned CCs, but the "target" is set to off/none. I set it again, save it, reopen the project, and it's wiped again.

MIDI Learn functions properly for program insert effects, and other submix, return, and output parameters (e.g. volume, mute). I've reset my settings, tried this in both standalone and controller mode, and even tried creating new projects, all to no avail.

Any suggestions (other than rolling back to 2.9.1)?
By wavejockey Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:44 am
what if you don't use MIDI learn but just create a (MIDI) program and assign/name & save the controls?
By Cerebralvortex Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:19 pm
Opening a project created in 2.9 in 2.10, I noticed an audio track which was cut into regions to remove some unwanted glitches had its audio regions all shortened. Applying a vocal tuner to that audio track resulted in the entire track being muted. Moving the region borders back out to their proper positions manually and then reapplying the vocal tuner was the workaround.
By MANTODEA RECORDS Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:40 pm
Deutsch & Englisch

Im Update 2.10 gibt es folgende Fehler... ( Controllermodus)

Audio Aufnahme geht nicht.. wenn Rec beim Audio gedrückt wird und das Mpc x startet über Play fliegt
die Aufnahmefunktion im Audio Modus raus.. (MPC X Hardware)

Play und stop dann wieder Play, geht Bpm Einstellung auf 120... man kann 1 X auf Vorspulen drücken
dann geht der Bpm wert wieder auf die eingegebenen Werte zurück.. beim Vorspulen im Play gibt es
aber ein krachen in den Audio Out...

Ansonsten wurden viele Probleme behoben vom letzten Update 2.9.1

Englisch Google Translate

In update 2.10 there are the following errors ... (controller mode)

Audio recording does not work .. IF REC IS pressed during audio and the Mpc x starts flying over play
the recording function in audio mode out .. (MPC X hardware)

Play and then stop play again, Bpm setting goes to 120 ... you can press 1 X to fast forward
then the bpm value goes back to the entered values .. when fast forwarding in play there is
but a crunsch in the audio out ...

Otherwise, many problems have been fixed from the last update 2.9.1
By Clanky Bangs Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:25 pm
So I updated 2 days ago and love the added features but have had nothing but problems...freezers lasting about 3 seconds every 5 minutes, track recordings vanishing, etc. I've reset 2x so far to no avail. If I revert to 2.9 will I still have new instruments and effects? Thanks
By MPC-Tutor Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:43 pm
Clanky Bangs wrote:So I updated 2 days ago and love the added features but have had nothing but problems...freezers lasting about 3 seconds every 5 minutes, track recordings vanishing, etc. I've reset 2x so far to no avail. If I revert to 2.9 will I still have new instruments and effects? Thanks

No new instruments or fx if you go back to 2.9.

But freezes and tracks vanishing seem unique to you ATM so it's likely to be hardware related, maybe remove all drives and USB devices and see if this fixes it.
By Clanky Bangs Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:48 pm
Bummer. Im already really attached to the new goodies...I do hope 2.10.1 is released quickly. Thank you for the immediate reply.
By mxeyerolls Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:11 pm
wavejockey wrote:what if you don't use MIDI learn but just create a (MIDI) program and assign/name & save the controls?

I don't understand. How would that allow me to control insert effects on a return?
By karlscott Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:02 pm
ramirojota1 wrote:

I was having the same problem but it was solved with Preferences reset.

I Was trying to record some basic drums in a project i already had. It didnt record. Hit the reset preferences, and now it works 8)

Where is the Preferences reset may i ask???
By Jackhno Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:35 am
As well as the problems with the recording, I've had the Q Links on my One go a bit haywire when I've been using the new FX. Sometimes they reset or jump as I turn them and occasionally they actually jump to a different parameter. The reset/jumping behaviour has happened a few times using the dial too.
By mxeyerolls Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:22 am
karlscott wrote:
ramirojota1 wrote:I was having the same problem but it was solved with Preferences reset.

I Was trying to record some basic drums in a project i already had. It didnt record. Hit the reset preferences, and now it works 8)

Where is the Preferences reset may i ask???

In standalone mode, go to menu->settings->info, and tap the "reset preferences" button in the bottom right corner.